P-3 Thread continued... - Page 3
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: P-3 Thread continued...

Quote Originally Posted by kbt View Post
    Impatient
    I prepare for it

Attachment 4054
    do you want some real world pics of a aero union tanker?...my family was able to go see the planes at McClellan before they officially closed,and we got some cockpit shots...i wouldnt mind sharing them..

KBT revisiting their awesome P-3, this has to be the best thing I've heard all year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    I hate to tell you this. P-3s don't smoke.
    Here are some shots I took at North Island of P-3s not smoking. Wink wink

I am so glad they are doing this NAVY variant the new SLAR radar pod.

You know. my Dad was in for 30 year. I spent all of my childhood around these planes. I never noticed that. I talked to my Dad about and yes you are right. Maybe I was to awe struck to notice.

Great pics guys.

The P-3AEW&C had the dome. They were converted RAAF Bs. That one I had to look up.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

I aircrewed P-3's for 10 years....sure do miss them.

I think it all depends on the power setting youre watching them fly at. As an example, most of my firefighting shots the exhaust isnt evident... They're usually diving down with no throttle. When they're in a typical cruise speed, level flight, they don't smoke a whole lot.

Skyhawk...what units/locations did you fly the P-3? Ever deploy to Masirah?

Kent

Even for me as a helo bubba stationed at NAS Jax, this was a great FS9 model, only better now. BZ to KBT!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    You know. my Dad was in for 30 year. I spent all of my childhood around these planes. I never noticed that. I talked to my Dad about and yes you are right. Maybe I was to awe struck to notice.

Great pics guys.

The P-3AEW&C had the dome. They were converted RAAF Bs. That one I had to look up.
    Just found her
    http://www.warbirdregistry.org/orion...on-153446.html
    This one visited JBSA and KSAT three weeks ago.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Here's a quick run though of the mods I made using MdlMatxx so the P-3C can be used in FSX DX10 or P3dV2
    I didn't spend a lot of time on this, it's very much a quick and dirty edit as the model is still in beta thing may well change.
    It seems to work fine for me and I haven't found any problems, but there may well be something I've missed.

First and foremost, back up your original files!

Load up Mdlmatxx and load in the first MDL. All the MDLs will need editing, including the VC models.

Go though the list of materials on the left hand side and for each, check the value in the "Reflection Scale" box.

If it's a one, change it to zero.

then click the "Send modified material back" box

When you done all the materials, click "Save Updated MDL"

As I said, it's a rough edit. I haven't checked if all the materials need doing, so you may find some parts that need to be shiny or reflective may now not be.

This should work as described, but use at your own risk, I cannot be held responsible if your PC explodes, turns into a micro black hole or becomes self-aware.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    . . . . . . .It seems to work fine for me and I haven't found any problems, but there may well be something I've missed.
    First and foremost, back up your original files!
    Load up Mdlmatxx and load in the first MDL. All the MDLs will need editing, including the VC models.
    Go though the list of materials on the left hand side and for each, check the value in the "Reflection Scale" box.

If it's a one, change it to zero.

then click the "Send modified material back" box

When you done all the materials, click "Save Updated MDL"

As I said, it's a rough edit. I haven't checked if all the materials need doing, so you may find some parts that need to be shiny or reflective may now not be.
    Thanks for that Dave. Just a quick note for P3D_Ver2 users, it appears that the external model is fine, so "all mdls" isn't necessary as far as I can see, however the VC definitely needs these tweaks as aside from the main gauge panel, everything else has the "chrome appearance". That "interior mdl" seems to be all you need to tweak if you are using P3D_Ver2. I also did not touch any LOD1 material that was labeled as a "$gauge" as I assumed that would remove any reflection from the gauges. The rest that had the "1" I changed to "0" and the VC looks great and that one interior model will fix all the VC's as they are all aliased to that mdl file. Thanks again to Dave for making that available.

Fire Fighter test

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=...BPfSCze5eH2stw

I am at the P-3A Aerostar to this link.
    There is a P-3A and P-3C link destination.
    It is set to load the shared texture and VC of the P-3C.
    The P-3A is to apply the mdlmatxx, but chrome display in DX10 in my case was not fixed.

Download not working. If I put a check on both downloads and click on the download button at the top, nothing happens. Same thing if I try one at a time.

it wouldnt download for me unless i right clicked on the box with the title in it..workd fine then

Older Repaints not compatible with V3 Beta

I tried to add one of the older 2.9 repaints to the new V3 Beta and most of it show except for the zinc Chromate on the landing gear doors (yellow).
    Is there any way to fix this? I got this repaint (VP6) from flightsim.

Attachment 4072

Worked with the last link. . .thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I tried to add one of the older 2.9 repaints to the new V3 Beta and most of it show except for the zinc Chromate on the landing gear doors (yellow).
    Is there any way to fix this?
    P-3C_ORION_FSX\Texture.USNAVY_Common\p3_eg01_t.bmp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gear_door.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	4073

This part is the texture and part present in FSX version.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thanks for that Dave. Just a quick note for P3D_Ver2 users, it appears that the external model is fine, so "all mdls" isn't necessary as far as I can see, however the VC definitely needs these tweaks as aside from the main gauge panel, everything else has the "chrome appearance". That "interior mdl" seems to be all you need to tweak if you are using P3D_Ver2. I also did not touch any LOD1 material that was labeled as a "$gauge" as I assumed that would remove any reflection from the gauges. The rest that had the "1" I changed to "0" and the VC looks great and that one interior model will fix all the VC's as they are all aliased to that mdl file. Thanks again to Dave for making that available.
    Odd. When I tried it in P3dV2 it had the high reflective surfaces same as FSX DX10.

Here's what it looks like in P3D_Ver2 on my system:

Members who have read this thread: 197