Iris BD-5 for FSX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iris BD-5 for FSX

Iris BD-5 for FSX

I purchase this from Iris a while back and I lost it with a format change, does anyone know where I can re-down load it? I been at the iris sim site and sent them a email. do they return emails? has anyone heard from them? thanks.

Unfortunately, as much as I like David he has never been very good at answering anything posted on his website. He has a lot of medical issues both for himself and his lovely bride and so I think that keeps him preoccupied and away from the forums quite a bit. Even support tickets have gone unnoticed many times when I had questions.

The best way to contact him is via "Facebook":
    http://www.facebook.com/Spanky.Brice
    :salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

O well, he at least was not too sick to take the money, sorry to say. If he wont reply to email then facebook probly wont work ether. Best wishes to him and her.

Quote Originally Posted by oakfloor View Post
    O well, he at least was not too sick to take the money, sorry to say. If he wont reply to email then facebook probly wont work ether. Best wishes to him and her.
    Then PM me with your e-mail address and I'll pass it on to him via Facebook.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Hi guys, for support enquiries, please visit our forums kindly hosted by OZx..

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...s-simulations/

I check it at least once a day for new questions..

~David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have bought 7 iris products to date, and I need to download many of them again because I lost the installers.

I have tried and tried, posting in this forum, and also the old iris forum(s), sending emails/support tickets with order numbers, and I get no response.

This is too much of a hassle, most online stores I can login and re-download my addon with no problem, and used to with iris, but not anymore, and no I will not send any more emails, register at YET ANOTHER forum.

David how many forums has it been so far? like 3 or 4?

I'm done trying, good luck.:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Hi guys, for support enquiries, please visit our forums kindly hosted by OZx..

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...s-simulations/

I check it at least once a day for new questions..

~David.
    I have already 2 times now..

As soon as I can provide you with download links to your lost products, I will.

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DX-FMJ View Post
    I have bought 7 iris products to date, and I need to download many of them again because I lost the installers.
    Have you ever considered to make back-ups? I assume IRIS didn't make you loose your software?

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by DX-FMJ View Post

I have tried and tried, posting in this forum, and also the old iris forum(s), sending emails/support tickets with order numbers, and I get no response.

This is too much of a hassle, most online stores I can login and re-download my addon with no problem, and used to with iris, but not anymore, and no I will not send any more emails, register at YET ANOTHER forum.

David how many forums has it been so far? like 3 or 4?

I'm done trying, good luck.:salute:
    What Huub said.
    Takes a minute to backup to an external HD, only takes a few more to do so on CD or DVD.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Takes even less to a flash drive/usb stick.. I made that mistake many moons ago.. now I backup all on a USB...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2015
    Takes even less to a flash drive/usb stick.. I made that mistake many moons ago.. now I backup all on a USB...
    It'd also make sense to backup your backups...maybe on another external drive or to disc. No point saving your lifetime's collection of FS goodies on a single hard drive only for that to fail.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    . . . . . .No point saving your lifetime's collection of FS goodies on a single hard drive only for that to fail.
    I have one HDD and one External that were used solely for backups. . . .both failed. . .no backups of those backups. Question is, at what point do you just accept that these things happen and folks lose everything? Even flash drives can fail or get lost. Being able to log on to a developers website and redownload lost addons doesn't seem like such a bad idea really. Many websites provide that service and it's relatively painless.

Is that something that's workable for IRIS?:salute:

Current System Specs:

After thinking about this for a bit. . . .here's another way of looking at this because almost everyone has had this happen more than a few times (losing payware installers, invoices, key codes, etc). Should the developers simply lay the burden of maintaining backups to the purchaser? In other words, once you buy it, it's your job to maintain backups. If you lose it, that's your problem?

After all, if you own a PC/Laptop then you have the tools necessary to do backups, either to a separate HDD, flash drive or CD/DVD. It would definitely cut down on the loss of some addons. . .especially if you know going in that if you lose it, your only option is to re-purchase it. I'm a big offender myself, so I'm speaking as one who would either have to maintain safe backups or look at having to purchase the same addon again. Maybe a bit harsh to some. but is it fair to lay the burden of maintaining huge volumes of addons on the developer?

Current System Specs:

As Piglet would say "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!".

Lost it; why just download it again, as many times as you want with absolutely no problems!

Regards, Mike Mann

As soon as I can provide you with download links to your lost products, I will.

David.
    Thank you David.

Quote Originally Posted by mmann View Post
    As Piglet would say "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!".
    Lost it; why just download it again, as many times as you want with absolutely no problems!
    Regards, Mike Mann
    lol, yep, pretty simple.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Anyone ever figure out the rpm bug in the pistion version?

Thanks,
    LouP

I was reading about it in other forums so I took it for granted it was well known, sorry. When flying the piston powered model the rpms seem to max out way too easily. If I keep the rpms at a reasonable range (low throttle) the plane only flies at 60 70 kts. I don't know if the real aircraft behaves this way but it doesn't seem correct. I thought I read something about a correction coming but never did see one and I can't remember what forum I was at. I did the search months ago when I purchased the aircraft.

Thanks,
    LouP

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Have you ever considered to make back-ups? I assume IRIS didn't make you loose your software?

Huub
    I never heard of making a back-up how do i do that? (joking)

LOL, how you think I lost the installers :mixedsmi:

I love these people that assume things without knowing the rest of the story, amazing. I should not have to explain how I lost them, that's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I have one HDD and one External that were used solely for backups. . . .both failed. . .no backups of those backups. Question is, at what point do you just accept that these things happen and folks lose everything? Even flash drives can fail or get lost. Being able to log on to a developers website and redownload lost addons doesn't seem like such a bad idea really. Many websites provide that service and it's relatively painless.

Is that something that's workable for IRIS?:salute:
    At least someone see it the way I do.

I suppose it's time for me to make that friendly announcement that this discussion has become on of the ones I'm paying more attention to than normal
    Regards,
    Robert

Hate to say it but my external drive with all my payware gave up on me and I dread to think what I could do if I ever have to reload FSX again.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    I suppose it's time for me to make that friendly announcement that this discussion has become on of the ones I'm paying more attention to than normal
    Help me out cuz I don't see anything wrong here. If it's something I said, please don't beat around the bush, just tell me.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    Yeah it seams like one has to walk on egg shells in this forum, glad your here to keep everyone inline, your doing a fantastic job!

Members who have read this thread: 0