Rise of Flight, anybody? - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Flight, anybody?

Vista 64,4870
    In my case if I check or add any of SOF's video options,aa/af ect the game crashes on loading.
    I have to turn them all off and use a catalyst profile I create.
    I still have horizon and some distance jaggies but I am not really bothered by it.

redriver6
    couldn't take it anymore:isadizzy:...just ordered it

Ok thanks, I just wanted to make sure it was possible. I'm now downloading 2.7 GB from the Aerosoft shop (don't want to wait for the box).
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Happiness Consultant
    Might have to look into this now ... good thing friday is payday ...
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

BananaBob
    Anyone purchase any of the new planes, like the Phalz?

FYI- My brand new X-52 stick was pulling to the right. In calibration it was also not centering but far right.
    I took off the base to spray soime cleaner on the contacts and found the problem. There are 2 screws that hold a brace which the pot is attached. They were loose allowing the pot to move when the stick was moved side to side thus throwing it outta whack.
    So before you toss a stick, remember that even a new one can have a simple loose screw.

I have purchased the ones up until the latest two. All are of equal quality as the ones in game. Just a difficult to fly also.

Question: how long does the sim take to come so you are ready to fly? My friend has this and for him it takes 20 to 30 minutes, is that normal?
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

20 to 30 minutes? Good grief! Maybe I'm just living right, but it only takes me a couple of minutes tops until I'm into a mission. Maybe 5 for loading a campaign. That's with a plain old 7200 RPM SATAII drive, too. Maybe your friend needs to defrag his drive or something.

On my I7 machine, Vista 64,6 gigs ram,Raptor hd, the start mission load time is approx 50 seconds.
    Not long but betreen each and every crash, shootdown,flight,exit, it really gets old.

Thanks guys, he also has it installed on a external HD would that make a difference?

Happiness Consultant
    Maybe he needs cable ... or broad band and not a twisted pair modem?
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Thanks guys, he also has it installed on a external HD would that make a difference?
    Do you have ultimate Defrag or a simular program? I think that defraging might help......or not? My mission load time is about a minute or two.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

External HD could be anything, WD Raptor plugged on eSATA or old laptop 2,5" drive using USB 1.1

USB 2.0 drives are 2-4 times slower than normal drives connected with SATA cables. Not to mention older USB 1.1 which is much slower.
    Mike

Master of Disaster
    The S.E.5a is nice! Good turn rate, fast, semi-stable, good in a dive or roll. The only thing weak about it is the guns which isn't much diffrent from the rest of the lot.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Indeed, the SE.5a is superb! Bring on the Camel (hopefully)! :ernae:
    Forever lurking.

Another question: Will the ch yoke and pedals work in this sim??

Another question: Will the ch yoke and pedals work in this sim??
    Yes see this for example: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewto...p?f=106&t=1161 (read through the post)

I had my CH stuff up and running with some trail and error in 15 minutes..CH Throttle and Pedals both USB and a MS SW FF 2 stick.

Great fun!
    Anneke

I really like this one

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

I'm enjoying the new planes!:ernae:

Well I have it and at last set it up, but I haven't got any farther than the Spad. But, I think it's looking very promising!

Cheers,

Nick

Great shots Nick! I was almost about to ask what addon scenery you have, because it looks so good LOL

BananaBob
    Great shots Nick, don't you just love the soft shadows going through the pit? :ernae:

Yeah the shadows are great Bob, nice shots too mate!
    Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I really like this one

Oh Hank Burden's Maybe? Now I'll have to get that one for sure. I only just started training, not that its' really needed but still. I'll go fetch this plane now. Initially I had some trouble getting the game to run but today I finally managed to get everything squared away! Time to rumble!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Finally got this working reliably. Setting DOF (the depth of field blurriness, which is a nice effect) was consistently causing my computer to crash with a solid-colored screen (green, purple, etc.) a few minutes into the mission. Really annoying.

Fantastic sim, and anyone who doesn't buy this is no longer allowed to call themselves a combat simulator fan. The only thing that would make it better would be if it had World War II planes instead of WW I planes.