Cars on roads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cars on roads

Cars on roads

It's been out for some time now, but seems gone unnoticed, it adds static cars to roads and moving lights at night, not fsx but still very nice and no fps hit on my old machine:
    http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-effekti...n=download&hl=

Charter Member 2011
    Yes and another one to try:
    http://www.unnt.ru/meeee/index.php

Thank you both for the HU!

These are great little files, subtle but still noticeable.
    They also work superb with GE Pro!
    I especially like the 3D vehicles!

Excellent little additions!
    Maybe one of the admins could move the links to the 'Tweaks and Tips' sub-forum?

Cheers, Stuart

I can't make heads or tails out of that website. It's all in Russian.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Dang that's cool, M. I didn't know you could "wash" en entire web site through "Googly Translate".
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Charter Member 2016
    It's really nice where it works, but just know that it isn't compatible with Ultimate Terrain or VOZ, so that rather limits its usefulness for ME at least.
    On the other hand, I guess my autogen.xml must have gotten corrupted or something, because installing the new one INCREASED my FPS instead of lowering them as you may expect, even where the new effects weren't present.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Thanks Moses! I believe that worked :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Dang that's cool, M. I didn't know you could "wash" en entire web site through "Googly Translate".
    The Google Toolbar (for IE at least ) has an automatic translating function which is often really good. Gives odd results occasionally in far eastern languages.
    Thinks..... why are there no Far Western nor Middle West countries.....
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Just tried it on a night flight and darn if this don't work as advertised. Surprised the heck out of me seeing the lights on the roads moving.

Which one works best, or did you install both? Are they geographic specific or do they work on all roads? Can someone post a couple pics for those of us intrigued??

Thanx
    :ernae:
    --WH

I got the files from Kikas's original link that Moses posted the translation for. The top translated link that Moses posted. The second link worked, but I couldn't get anything to download in my meager poking around.

I haven't seen the 3d cars yet as my daytime flights lately have been largely over the South Pacific at supersonic speeds. But last night in my Howard 500 flight, taking off from St Louis, I noticed some lights I'd never seen before blinking on and off and thought that was the headlights effect and figured that if that was all there was to it, then no big deal and didn't pay much more attention to it. Then when I was going low and slow again on the downwind into KDAY in Dayton, I saw that on the main highways, the car headlights were moving. Pure magic! I didn't see the lights move anywhere but on the major highways but still I don't know how they did it, but those Russians sure cranked the realism up a notch.

I'd expect that they got it to work everywhere as I'd imagine that it works in Russia and it darn sure works here in the US so it must be worldwide. I was easily able to figure out how to get it installed. Just for the moving lights alone it's worth the effort. Now, I'm going to be keeping my eyes out for the cars during the daylight.

There are some screenshots on the link I downloaded from that are about as good as any I could do.

Hi WH,

Here are some pics of both downloads combined...
    The 3D traffic is made from illuminated simple polygons, and is not geographically specific.
    It works on all 'major' roads, even though the amount of cars, lorries and buses is very sparse.
    Despite that, they look far better than the painted smudges on the texture tiles, and from a few hundred feet appear pretty convincing.

The second screen is showing the 'moving' (contra-flowing) light dots on the same highway.
    These are very convincing when flying at night.
    I have noticed no difference on frame rates.
    These files are all down to personal preference, so I would suggest just to try them out. (Obviously with backups).

Regards, Stuart

Attachment 68044 Attachment 68045

Stuart, are the 3d cars a separate download? If so, which link has them?

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I followed Wing_Z's link. (2nd)
    It's the fourth icon down (Scenery Updates). Click on the first line in pink writing and you should get a RAR download called FS9 Roads.

Direct download link:
    Апдейт для дефолтных дорог FS9. Добавляет автомобили и ночное освещение.

Sturt

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Hi Willy, i think you use custom fs install which removes those high voltage lines, i remember i removed those files and i too only had moving lights at night, as i reinstalled flightsim recently roads become full of static cars at daytime (thats of course is my stupid opinion and not proven fact).

Thanks, I got it sorted out and installed.

The 3d cars show up not just on main highways, but also on 2 lane roads and there was a couple on the street that leads into the local airport.

Pic 1 is is a 2 lane country road near here. Pic 2 is Interstate 40 near Jackson and Pic 3 is I-40 at night showing the lights.

Thanks Kikas for bringing these to our attention.

Decided to take the plunge and downloaded the one from the 2nd link. I like the headlight effect at night, and seeing the cars on the road during the day.

Also spotted traffic lights that go from green to yellow and red and back to green. My only niggle and it is a minor one is that the rate of the headlights moving along the roads appear to be faster than they should at altitude.

I think this is a keeper. Thanks for the headsup!

Moses

Moses, I saw those lights in a town and couldn't figure out what they were. I was thinking something to do with helicopter pad landing lights .

Appreciate the heads-up. Downloaded both links and installed accordingly. Tried a night flight. I do believe my flightsim experience just got a little bit more immersive tonight. Saw some 3d cars and the lights moving down the roads. It was cool. Bra-vo. :ernae:

Just wanted to add that they can be seen when on the ground and at 17,000 feet.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I got the first one downloaded with no problems. The second site has six downloads to choose from. Obviously the last one's not the one we want - it has to do with sounds. Which one of the other five is the one I should download from the second site?

This one:

You'll need to be able to open a .rar file. I had to go find a program to do that with.

Willy, Warhorse, Stuart & Moses! Earlier in this thread E.Matheson stated that these effects DO NOT work with Ultimate Terrain.

Should I conclude that none of you have UT installed? :ques:

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    Willy, Warhorse, Stuart & Moses! Earlier in this thread E.Matheson stated that these effects DO NOT work with Ultimate Terrain.

Should I conclude that none of you have UT installed? :ques:

- H52
    I don't have Ultimate Terrain installed. I have Silver Wings [sheepish grin]