To the silent majority - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To the silent majority

Next to FSX repaints I still do FS2004 repaints as well. I'm currently working on a highly detailed paintkit for a payware FSX model. And there are still some Bf109 Friederichs for FS2004 in the paintshop, I'm planning a few repaints for Wozza's P-51 (FS2004) and I still want to do a HD paintkit for the Restauravia Bloch Mb151.
    (More plans than spare time actually)

So for me FS2004 is definitely not dead yet. But as there is far more available already for FS9 (both aircraft as scenery) than for FSX there is less to develop, therefore there are also less developments to discuss. People like Uncle Milton, Manuele Villa, A.F. Scrub, Dave Molyneux, etc. are still creating models for FS2004. So yhere is enough and still enough to look forward to.

BTW I have a hangar full with FS9 repaints which I never uploaded. Some examples:

At least 3 Macchi MC.200 liveries for Mr Ito's model

At least 5 different Fiat G.55 liveries

2 bf109 Friederich liveries for the Flight replicas model

2 liveries for Mr Ito's Fokker G.1

Next to that at least 5 liveries for BrunoSK's CFS2 Spitfire (which works in FS9 as well with some work).

But you should also be realistic. FS2004 is over 10 years old. Logically the number of people who stop flying in FS2004 is larger than the number of people who will start to fly in FS2004.

Cheers,
    Huub

aaaargh Huub

Huub how do you dare tortue us this way Please please and oh yes please upload these they are just superb and I also spied an Argentine one please

Dankjevel if thats how its spellt

In Swedish it would be Snalla och Tack

Note about FSRepaint

I too have tried my hand only to be confuddled by the layers and pulling and other wierdos so I wet out and bought FSRepaint yes I know its not what the pros use but I am a complete noob and proud to say so. One question whilst I remember can FSRepaint handle layers as I noticed that if you use FSRepaint then you tend to lose the panel lines and other goodies. If anybpdy knows how to avoid this would greatly appreciate any help

Akktu

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    There is a whole world out there that most of you never visit.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...iplayer-Events

Stop in for an online flight sometime or enter a race we host. It's a lot of fun.
    And we have a few races in the works at the moment. If you haven't flown online with friends, you don't know what you've missed.

As for painting, I still do one on occasion, but it has to be something I can really get into and that's usually something I'm wanting to fly.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

For all those still faithful to FS9 I am still looking for beta testers:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...testers-wanted!

I am just now packaging the textures to send to the testers. It is taking longer than expected though!

Cheers,
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I think you might be referring too Huubs repaints there, They are good.
    Ouch! You are right of course. I have been airing a lot of old WWII planes lately and looking for repaints, I think the last paint I got from you was for Piglet's Storch. Operation Todt?

Anyways I have your repaints for the L39 in my hangar, I am sure of that!

Cheers,
    Sascha

P.S. also many thanks to Huub for the Me109 repaints!

Akktu,

The problem with the G.55 is that there are two different models around. This model is one of them and altered by me to remove "shine". So the only way to make them available is as a complete model. But I honestly don't know who made all the mods (like the panel/VC) which I have in my G.55.
    I think I will make the model available with all mods and just put a disclaimer in the read-me.

Cheers,
    Huub

edit: You're welcome Sacha66

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    But you should also be realistic. FS2004 is over 10 years old. Logically the number of people who stop flying in FS2004 is larger than the number of people who will start to fly in FS2004.
    Cheers,
    Huub
    That makes it a well established ongoing classic! A great fan base keeping it alive!
    I will do my bit, may it only be tiny...

Stuart

Thanks Huub

Many thanks Huub looking forward to seeing them uploaded

Akktu

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Ooh, that looks nice. For AI use? You'll be popular at MAIW too if it is.

This has been around for longer.
    http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...4aia&Go=Search

And that is still a work in progress.

MiG-21PF
    Attachment 91595

MiG-21M

MiG-23MF
    Attachment 91593

MiG-23ML
    Attachment 91594

The Su-22 is worth considering.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    FS2004 is over 10 years old. Logically the number of people who stop flying in FS2004 is larger than the number of people who will start to fly in FS2004.

Cheers,
    Huub

All the scenery that Sid (Sidney Schwartz) & I do is only done for FS2004 , although some has been tried out in FSX by others.

We're helping to keep the flame alive.

Pete.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    I have been watching those 23's and am eagerly awaiting some shots of the UB :salute:

I'm sure FS9/FS2004 will keep on going for quite a while. Wouldn't be surprised if it would become the Dakota (excuse me: DC-3 or C-47) of flight simulators. (which could mean that it will survive me. ) Provided of course that Windows would still be FS friendly.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    I'm sure FS9/FS2004 will keep on going for quite a while. Wouldn't be surprised if it would become the Dakota (excuse me: DC-3 or C-47) of flight simulators. (which could mean that it will survive me. ) Provided of course that Windows would still be FS friendly.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Come on Maarten Microsoft struggle too keep Windows PC friendly these days

Thanks for the "kicker" Stalin :-)

I have been taking a break myself (with just an occasional dabbling) and hopefully allowing the guys who really make our aircraft nice take a break as well. Nigel was in bad need of stress relief me thinks :-)

But I have been able to accommodate some requests: Garry J Smith's DH-80A project and a new one with floats; adjustments to the S2Turbo Tracker for Firekitten's textures; took down my website and sent content to Garry J. Smith to load on his server; sent modeling tutes to requestors; done a little beta testing for Manuele; rounded up paint kits for requestors; assisted users with flight model adjustments and texture issues in FSX; etc.
    Once Nigel is back in action, I will be also. My biggest issue moving forward is lack of a panel/gauge designer (xml coder). I may have to change the way we deliver projects if this cannot be resolved.

We still have the following projects in progress: Dash 7 (3 new models, several new paint schemes WIP); PV-2 Harpoon plus D model; XP47J and XP47H; S2T Tracker (3 new models); HMS Bounty.

It is good to remind folks who may be interested in getting involved in modeling, painting, scenery, or panel design that there are many forums out there that focus specifically on this stuff and many are ready to help.

And, oh BTW SteveB, I will never forget the many hours I invested reloading all your paints to our new library system, one by one, hour after hour, day after day. :-) Thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Come on Maarten Microsoft struggle too keep Windows PC friendly these days
    LOL!

Come on folks we need too find Milton a panel xml coder type person, now I know this be witchcraft too many of us here, or is it just me again ? So if anyone knows anyone , can blackmail anyone or is good at number crunching ( I'm guessing :isadizzy and a fast learner who feels you might be able too contribute, Stalin is willing too provide a delux celler with its own bucket and gruel twice a day if needed for the duration for free. But would prefer a volunteer, If you visit other sites, please keep your eyes peeled, if you spot some potential talent please point them Milton's way. After all if you ask they can only say no. So please go on a witch hunt but please don't burn them this time, and you know who you are I'm talking too Matt who shall remain nameless

Thanks Milton for all the great models you have contributed over the years.

Steve

Lightbulb

Come on folks we need too find Milton a panel xml coder type person
    A reputed name is Edetroit ... in action on Avsim forums
    I think he know many things about panel coding ....
    Unfortunately it seems that his work is not public (for any reasons) but instead show in many videos

Quote Originally Posted by Flusirainer View Post
    The Su-22 is worth considering.
    I mentioned your MiG 23 project on MAIW some time back, there are people there very excited about the possibilities it opens up (including me - there are some gaps in the skies of India that desperately need filling); an SU-22 would be equally well received.

To an extent this ties in with Steve's thread about keeping FS9 alive; the AI work that is being done over there is predominantly for FS9 and we have seen some amazing stuff of late, including a whole raft of 'retro' models from John Young & Mike Pearson (and both have more in the pipeline). And there is cross fertilisation going on there as well; we've all seen the previews Manschy keeps posting for ACG's * upcoming Gutersloh, which will benefit greatly from John's new Harriers.

Now all we need is a panel designer ...... Milton, a quick squint over at FSDeveloper saw a very familiar name, Lionheart, popping up frequently in the panel design forum; maybe he can point you toward somebody? And maybe it's something I should take a look at .....

* Another bunch of good guys.
    Andy

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks for the "kicker" Stalin :-)

I have been taking a break myself (with just an occasional dabbling) and hopefully allowing the guys who really make our aircraft nice take a break as well. Nigel was in bad need of stress relief me thinks :-)

But I have been able to accommodate some requests: Garry J Smith's DH-80A project and a new one with floats; adjustments to the S2Turbo Tracker for Firekitten's textures; took down my website and sent content to Garry J. Smith to load on his server; sent modeling tutes to requestors; done a little beta testing for Manuele; rounded up paint kits for requestors; assisted users with flight model adjustments and texture issues in FSX; etc.
    Once Nigel is back in action, I will be also. My biggest issue moving forward is lack of a panel/gauge designer (xml coder). I may have to change the way we deliver projects if this cannot be resolved.

We still have the following projects in progress: Dash 7 (3 new models, several new paint schemes WIP); PV-2 Harpoon plus D model; XP47J and XP47H; S2T Tracker (3 new models); HMS Bounty.

It is good to remind folks who may be interested in getting involved in modeling, painting, scenery, or panel design that there are many forums out there that focus specifically on this stuff and many are ready to help.

And, oh BTW SteveB, I will never forget the many hours I invested reloading all your paints to our new library system, one by one, hour after hour, day after day. :-) Thank you
    Add my most grateful thanks to 'Stalin' too.

Nigel WILL be back in action!!!

No stress ever caused from working on these exciting projects, Milt - quite the opposite; not being able to progress due to RW delays is the sole cause of that.

Hope to be around more often, SOON!

My Best Regards to all of you fine Gentlemen.

Nigel

PS: Ouzo all round!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

SOH-CM-2020
    Nigel ..... YAY

Pete.

Nigel! Good to hear from you, my friend!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    PS: Ouzo all round!
    excellent! Barkeep a Litre for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    A reputed name is Edetroit ... in action on Avsim forums
    I think he know many things about panel coding ....
    Unfortunately it seems that his work is not public (for any reasons) but instead show in many videos
    If that's the same Edetroit from the Project Tupolev forums, then yes indeed he is VERY talented!

Does anyone know of a tutorial on xml? I was a C++ programmer years ago before my foray into upper management. I'd like to see what is involved.

I have dabbled a bit into repaints in a very amateurish way and the only one I considered viewable by others was sent to a member here via email. I have also had a personal project ongoing for many years on a complete line of the Fiat G.59 series, but alas it is on hold after several HD demises and currently a laptop that barely runs browsers. The Fiat will be completed someday as it is a very personal favourite. When that will happen, who knows, but it will happen. Manuele (our resident Italian a/c guru!) was kind enough to offer manuals on the Fiat, but unfortunately my ISP wouldn't allow the email sizes and when he also very kindly put them up on another site, my ISP also refused to work with that site. THANK YOU Manuele for your efforts to try to help!! They were appreciated!

In closing, I enjoy this site tremendously. I don't contribute much as my limited experience is totally eclipsed by the many experts here. THANK YOU to all of you that contribute to my enjoyment of this wonderful hobby!
    Matt

I still need to finish a manual. And a 737. And some repaints for an EMB-110. And do some AI paints. And...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH WHY DID YOU REMIND ME?!?