New/Old member intro

Thread: New/Old member intro

New/Old member intro

Hi,
    I'm back to this forum again after about a 25 year hiatus. I've kept CFS2 going on my various computers this whole time and recently got CFS1 to work on Win 10, with the help of the posts about the joystick fixes here. It has developed a new problem I will ask about at the end. but first, a little history.
    It all started for me in 1994 or 5, I bought a used PC from a coworker and he was into flight sims. It was a P-166 and had Win 95 and he gave me a handful of old DOS sims and a couple half wore out joysticks. I never did figure out how to get the DOS games to work but it also had Hellbender and I broke those joysticks it was so intense. And I was hooked on flying games after that.
    I was excited to get CFS 1 and had to upgrade the PC at the same time. Those were great days, all the skins, planes, scenery and sounds that people uploaded, myself included. I went by several names back then as ISP's and email addresses would come and go. I did most of my postings etc as the VW_Nut.
    I didn't fly multiplayer as much as a lot of folks did, I did manage to fly with Franz Von Baron once and talked over the radio to a guy in New Jersey. Remember Roger Wilco? Remember the "Trogfighters"? I was more into writing missions and campaigns, mostly for my own entertainment, although I did upload a few of my "I thought" better ones.
    I have a lot of the old files on CD, From CFS1 and 2, we can get into what all I have and if its worth uploading if this thread gets any traction.
    These forums were great fun. This was actually 2 different forums back then am I correct? the "green" one and the "blue" one. i was most active on the green Combat Flight Center before the merger.
    Alright that's about enough, can talk about CFS2 later. If you made it this far maybe you can help.
    My keyboard quit working in CFS1, the joystick still works but somehow the keyboard quit. any body have any ideas?

Thanks

Icon14

Welcome home, cletus_zuber:

If you have questions about or issues with CFS2, you are in the right place. Most of our members are ready and eager to assist and are proficient and knowledgeable about CFS2 on the Windows 10 OS.

Cheers:

Shadow Wolf 07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Welcome back.

Does your keyboard work with other programs? Personally, I'm not aware of anyone having keyboard issues but they do wear out and quit once in a while. Maybe someone else can jump in here with some insights.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

cletus_zuber
    I loaded my CFS Europe and my keyboard does not work either. I have not tried to fly this sim since switching to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The help screen says it is not supported by Windows 10.

There is patch CFS1.exe for fixing joysticks not being seen but it may help with a keyboard probem as well.

Try the WinVista,7,8
    Ultimate fix here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/freeflight/Utilities.html
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 0