PDA

View Full Version : Milviz WIPs

krazycolin
April 21st, 2009, 16:26
Good day all! I'm here to show off some of the new planes that are in production at our shop. So, without further ado, please head off to these links and check em out!

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=398

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=396

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=395

Feel free to post comments and crits either here or at our site.

Thanks for looking!

KC

Sideshow
April 21st, 2009, 16:34
They look amazing! Just wondering if you had a publisher lined up for the f-15 models?

glennc
April 21st, 2009, 16:36
P-38!! Playing right into my wish list.

Glenn

Gdavis101
April 21st, 2009, 16:42
Nice looking stuff! An M1 Tank?

krazycolin
April 21st, 2009, 17:34
Nice looking stuff! An M1 Tank?

that's not going into FSX mate....

only the stuff in the forums is going in.... the stuff on the main page is for higher end clients... Movies and the like.

KC

Javis
April 21st, 2009, 17:49
Thanks for those P-38 renders, Colin. :isadizzy: :applause::applause::applause:

I now have quit FS aircraft design and contemplating taking up either embroidery or bonsai cultivation. :mix-smi:

Btw, thanks for your wonderful Corsair ! Love it !!

cheers,
Jan

Panther_99FS
April 21st, 2009, 17:53
I'm definitely looking forward to the P-38....
Hopefully you'll have an E/F/G or H model........:)

crashaz
April 21st, 2009, 17:56
ah an artist at work! :ernae:

MCDesigns
April 21st, 2009, 18:13
beautiful work!! One question though, since I am to believe that MilVis is just supplying the model and not publishing, will the quality of the final release be consistent thru all models? I ask as the new corsair is a top quality release and I would love to have the same expectation towards the other models when released (the P-38 would be extremely sweet is the same quality/standard as the hog!)

krazycolin
April 21st, 2009, 18:43

I now have quit FS aircraft design and contemplating taking up either embroidery or bonsai cultivation. :mix-smi:

cheers,
Jan

the Corsair is an A2A product though we did the model.

Thanks for the compliments.

krazycolin
April 21st, 2009, 18:52
beautiful work!! One question though, since I am to believe that MilVis is just supplying the model and not publishing, will the quality of the final release be consistent thru all models? I ask as the new corsair is a top quality release and I would love to have the same expectation towards the other models when released (the P-38 would be extremely sweet is the same quality/standard as the hog!)

We're not, at this time, considering publishing. That means that a programming/XML coding/sound and manual team will be doing everything "important"....

(btw, it's MilviZ with a Z!!!!)

cheers,
Jan

Don't quit! Just look at it as something to strive for... that's what we do.

J and L only. Sorry mate... seems like I never give you what you want!

They look amazing! Just wondering if you had a publisher lined up for the f-15 models?

Why? you want em? :jump:

MenendezDiego
April 21st, 2009, 18:55
I love you guys :)

The F-15C is spot on!

SolarEagle
April 21st, 2009, 20:54
People have been calling for a P-38 for a long time, so I suggest going all out on that one as it will be of high interest to the community. Textures make or break a good model, so I'd say make the P-38 a project where you try to top your best texture work, and many will be pleased.

Also a flight model that "feels right" is equally important, as a flight model without that enjoyable quality can be very hard to look beyond. Case in point I would love to be gazing upon your Hellcat in my flights, but since I don't enjoy flying it that much I never get to look at it.

In fact I'd like to see A2A take care of this one, that way they can add accu-sim down the line. Two Allison's with A2A sounds and turbo's would be the best.

Gdavis101
April 21st, 2009, 21:28
that's not going into FSX mate....

only the stuff in the forums is going in.... the stuff on the main page is for higher end clients... Movies and the like.

KC

I got all caught up on your site.. Nice looking stuff all around! Do love the looks of the F15 and P38!

JorisVandenBerghe
April 22nd, 2009, 04:23
P-38!! Playing right into my wish list.

Glenn
I'll second that :applause:! Any ideas who will be publishing these two ? Hope it's the same quality as IRIS' Vulcan! Can't wait...

italoc
April 22nd, 2009, 05:05

Me, too :ernae:
Italo

IanP
April 22nd, 2009, 05:10
Another customer here for a P-38, but again I'm more interested in ETO variants and paints than PTO... Gotta have something to move into all my naff sceneries when the Jugs move to Europe. :bump:

Bjoern
April 22nd, 2009, 08:13
What's the polycount for that P-38?

Mithrin
April 22nd, 2009, 12:10
Ah both the F-15 and P-38 will be on my to buy list. Both are very cool planes!

krazycolin
April 22nd, 2009, 12:16
What's the polycount for that P-38?

Enough. But less than the Hellcat.... So, no worries....

jdhaenens
April 22nd, 2009, 12:21
LOL for the designers it was probably less than they wanted but more than they needed.:jump:

Bjoern
April 22nd, 2009, 15:26
Enough. But less than the Hellcat.... So, no worries....

I'm still interested in a rough number. ;)

krazycolin
April 22nd, 2009, 15:53
Can't give you a solid number because it's not finished yet but, in the end, it will be less than 250K for VC and 250K for exterior.

KC

Bjoern
April 23rd, 2009, 06:44
Can't give you a solid number because it's not finished yet but, in the end, it will be less than 250K for VC and 250K for exterior.

That's about what I wanted to hear. :d

I was curious, because, as a pseudo-modeler I'm interested in the boundaries in terms of polycount for FSX models.

some1
April 23rd, 2009, 07:06
There's no limit in polycount, apart from angry customers who can't fly the airplane due to poor FPS. :)

krazycolin
April 23rd, 2009, 07:54
Yep... we actually tried maxing out our poly count(s) and got pretty good results. It's not really that much of a difference when you have over 300K or under 100K. The difference comes from textures and draw calls. That's the biggest hit of all on FPS. As well, there are exporting issues when you have more than 65K vertices assigned to one material.

Anyway, suffice to say that it will play nice in FSX... so no worries...

KC

Henry
April 23rd, 2009, 08:03
That p38 certainly looks great
i prefer ETO versions also
but thats me
LOL
H

krazycolin
April 23rd, 2009, 09:57
Well guys... we will be doing an ETO version. It will be a J type... Any particular paint jobs you wish? Let me know!

JorisVandenBerghe
April 23rd, 2009, 10:16
Are there any paints you're having in mind for the -L version ? And if I remember it correctly, 'Yippee', the 5000th build Lightning, was a -J...it wasn't involved in any part of the war (nor in the ETO, PTO or MTO - if that very last one exists ;-) ?), just as some kind of showcase for Lockheed I guess...

Bjoern
April 23rd, 2009, 10:43
There's no limit in polycount, apart from angry customers who can't fly the airplane due to poor FPS. :)

Ah well, with freeware you can do what you want anyways. :d

Yep... we actually tried maxing out our poly count(s) and got pretty good results. It's not really that much of a difference when you have over 300K or under 100K. The difference comes from textures and draw calls. That's the biggest hit of all on FPS. As well, there are exporting issues when you have more than 65K vertices assigned to one material.

Good to know.

krazycolin
April 23rd, 2009, 11:34
Are there any paints you're having in mind for the -L version ? And if I remember it correctly, 'Yippee', the 5000th build Lightning, was a -J...it wasn't involved in any part of the war (nor in the ETO, PTO or MTO - if that very last one exists ;-) ?), just as some kind of showcase for Lockheed I guess...

we're NOT doing that one. Someone else may do it with the paintkit but, I, personally won't do that one. Yuck!

We're doing a J and an L model. One will be a camo job and the other will be NMF.

WIP's of the paint job coming soon.

KC.

gatlin7
April 24th, 2009, 12:57
Finally! A P-38 for FSX!

Count me in as another one who would like to see the "F/G/H" variant, but I'll happily settle for the "J/L". What's the chance of a recon version? Heck, I want them all!