Ok now the Just Flight Battle of Battle of Britain - 70th Anniversary is released.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ok now the Just Flight Battle of Battle of Britain - 70th Anniversary is released.

Ok now the Just Flight Battle of Battle of Britain - 70th Anniversary is released.

Be the first on your block to get the trio: http://www.justflight.com/default.asp
    I know I will be the first kid on my block.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just ordered the box set.

It'll just be the Hurricane for me now,
    At the moment...
    I wanna see some screens!

I'm waiting until next friday for the boxed set to be released here too, can't wait to get them though!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Downloading now!!

Unfortunately got told yesterday they want me in London for two weeks, so won't get much time to fly these for a while! Maybe I'll make it up to Hendon though.

you should it's well worth a visit, I loved it!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

I was just there in March, the first time for about 15 years and it really had changed, seemed much bigger than I remembered and a great collection of aircraft.

Some screenshots

Ok, so took an early lunch to find out what these are like.

First impressions are pretty good, graphically they look excellent and there's a lot of functionality in the cockpits. Flying characteristics are pretty tame, but that's not a bad thing and not necessarily incorrect.

Attachment 10634Attachment 10635Attachment 10636Attachment 10637

gajit
    Great news - im downloading the Hurricane as I type

gajit
    The Hurricane is very good - VC in my opinion is well done but not quite to the texuring quality of A2A or Vertigo studios. Some odd textures on the external model (runners for canopy look odd and I think there is a texture missing for the small front intake).

Great FPS even on my PC - definately a keeper - good work Just Flight. :salute:

Warning - dont play with the emergency canopy release unless you like fresh air!!

And a couple of screenies.

gajit
    Very good shots gradhappyg :salute:

Well I think I'll bite the bullit and av this one. The screenshots are too tempting..

Normally the little airport of St.Mary's is rather a quiet place apart from the busy helicopter service but today it is different. To commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle Of Britain a real Hawker Hurricane will try and set its wheels down on the 600 meters long runway 15 before becoming a Sea Hurricane. It didn't take long for the parking lot to be filled up with the cars of many enthusiastic spectators.

Even the local crow had bought a front row ticket so he and his buddy wouldn't miss a thing of what was about to happen...

Just about at ETA the unmistakable silouette of the venerable Hurricane indeed appeared above the horizon.

The local photographer was clever enough not to go stand amongst the crowd to get a unique shot of the old Hurry for the local newspaper.

Of course to be on the safe side the St.Mary's airport fire department had been called on standby. Can't be too carefull enough. It's not everyday that an old warbird tries to settle down here at St.Mary's...

Being the old chap that he obviously is the Hurricane pilot however steered the old warbird meticulously along the Runway 15 approach path despite of the rather rough weather...

.... and settled her down in such perfect way that even the local rabbits forgat about their carrots for a moment.

Just ever so slightly dissapointed the St.Mary's Fire Department crew left their vehicles for thee and biscuits in the mess room.

After the pilot had parked his wonderful piece of aviation history amongst even more older and illustre birds of a feather the crowd enjoyed talking to him for a while although he refused to leave the cockpit for unkown reason.

Thank you Bazz and JF for a wonderful and great fun package !!

( Thank you Earth Sim too for a terrific rendition of the Scilly Isles ! )

Cheers,
    Jan

BEEEAAAUTIFUL!!!!

gajit
    Excellent Jarvis

I once had to interview a former Bat of Brit Fighter pilot who had been based at St Marys in Hurricanes. He was still living there and was thought to be the oldest UK PPL holder flying solo.

PS - I liked the Hurricane so much I have now purchased the Spit - very good.

Thanks, Javis!
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

ARDVARK
    Hopefully will order mine when I have the funds available, looks too good to pass up! :salute:

So, Jan, is it any good?
    €50 well spent?
    Wait a minute, I see you can get the Hurricane as a single plane for €25.
    Maybe I should dig in!

(Saw a real one at Biggleswade (Shuttleworth) 2 weeks ago!!)

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Hoi Rob,
    Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    So, Jan, is it any good? €50 well spent?Wait a minute, I see you can get the Hurricane as a single plane for €25.Maybe I should dig in!
    Well, as a stickler for the early Spits i was harmless prey for this pack. FD's could do with a tweak or two, three, yessiree, but overall i'm getting quite a kick out of this package. You don't get a good series of native FSX early Spit, Hurri, and 109 for €16.50 each every day so yes, money well spent in my FS book.

What we need is a worthy rendition of the White Cliffs of Dover finally and once and for all for Pete's sake !

(Saw a real one at Biggleswade (Shuttleworth) 2 weeks ago!!)
    Great ! You did visit Old Warden too, didn't you ?

Verse Groenten,
    Jan

PS. Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

My that scenery does look very good. Could you post a link Jan? I'll be adding that to my FS world for sure. I installed Rex recently and am stunned at the results.

gajit
    Just downloaded and had a look at the paint kit for the Hurri - its a shame but its not userfriendly from what i can see. No layered files like other kits.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    My that scenery does look very good. Could you post a link Jan?
    Here you go, Baz : http://earthsimulations.com/

It's the Isles of Scilly scenery, Alderney is luvery too.

These guys should do the White Cliffs, not only of Dover but all along the British south coast and across the Channel too.

Thanks again, Baz ! :salute:

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Just downloaded and had a look at the paint kit for the Hurri - its a shame but its not userfriendly from what i can see. No layered files like other kits.
    They are layered files with the stains and detail on a separate layer and the flat, base colours on the others. We have not included pre-painted camouflage schemes as that is not really the point of a paintkit.

Just adding codes is simple and can be done using existing tiles surely.

If people want pre-done camouflage, I guess we can add another layer and publish in a patch at some time but we might as well supply a complete paintjob less the codes. I suppose that is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Here you go, Baz : http://earthsimulations.com/

It's the Isles of Scilly scenery, Alderney is luvery too.

These guys should do the White Cliffs, not only of Dover but all along the British south coast and across the Channel too.

Thanks again, Baz ! :salute:

cheers,
    jan

Thanks Jan, I'll get to it and download I think. It really does look great.

Members who have read this thread: 3