Will There Ever Be re-paints For Manfred's C-47?

Thread: Will There Ever Be re-paints For Manfred's C-47?

Will There Ever Be re-paints For Manfred's C-47?

I keep hopeing there will be re-paints of Manfred's C-47, many airlines used the C-47 stating in late 1945 onward. There were more C-47s built then DC-3s they were bought fairly cheap from the War Production Board after WWll. I realize it takes time to create new livery's for Manfred's C-47 so I will just keep hopeing.

Cheers

Casey

the fsx ones once resized should fit if i recall...

i'm working (slowly) on a Hellenic Air Force C-47 in typical Camo might be a while though due to R/W commitments recently...

My situation is the same as Smoothie's - I'm working on the RAE "Raspeberry Ripple" scheme worn by ZA947 in the mid '80s (and possibly the scheme worn at the IAT for the DC-3 50th anniversary), but it's going to take a while due to borin' ol' real life.
    Andy

>Here< are a few. You just have to drop Frank a PM

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

いや~まいった!
    Similar to Smoothie and to AndyG43, I am also producing some paints. I am working on a paint of a "Showa/Nakajima L2D2" Japan livery, an Aeroflot colours livery, and Yugoslav livery. But this will take some time. I will hope to have screens soon.
    日本頑張って!
    この飛行機野郎からで~す
    春日部市、埼玉県、日本

So....do we have the same texture mapping on both FSX and FS9 mdl's? (That with some work, an enthusiast could convert existing FSX paints to the FS9 mdl..?)

....There's been some amazing renderings created for the FSX plane....

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    So....do we have the same texture mapping on both FSX and FS9 mdl's? (That with some work, an enthusiast could convert existing FSX paints to the FS9 mdl..?)

....There's been some amazing renderings created for the FSX plane....
    Simple answer - yes, I'm using the existing FSX paintkit for my repaint!

More complicated answer - the textures on the FSX paints are 2048 x 2048 and in .dds format, so would need resising to 1024 x 1024 and converting to an appropriate .bmp format. A combination of DXTBMP and a decent graphics editor should do it.
    Andy

At Flightsim...

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military FS2004 RNAF C-47 X-8 1961 VIP Transport
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: c47_klu-x8.zip Size: 7,574,159 Date: 03-27-2011 Downloads: 126
    FS2004 RNAF C-47 X-8 1961 VIP Transport. This file contains alternative textures for the Douglas C47 by Manfred Jahn and team. The textures depict the C-47B-25-DK 44-77083 which flew with the Royal Dutch Air Force from August 1953 until March 1961 for VIP transport. C-47 Skytrain Exterior Base Pack 1.0 required (C47BASEPACK.ZIP), optionally also the interior model tweak (C47_INTERIOR.ZIP). This repaint was created by using the original paint kit released with the aircraft. By Huub Vink.

BB686:USA-flag:

"El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I'm currently working on a RNZAF paint for Manfred's FSX rendition (did this paint before on the MAAM bird:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...paint-released! )

The plan is to subsequently "downgrade" this repaint to fit to the FS9 model as well. Due to resizing, some minor adjustments (lettering, tiny details) should be neccessary to let their sharpness not getting lost in translation...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I assume after flipping, downsizing and saving it in dtx format the FSX textures will work.

So far I have made 3 repaints

1960 KLM

1953 Royal Netherlands Air Force

1961 Royal Netherlands Air Force VIP transport

and the next one will follow soon:
    1949 20 sqn ML-KNIL (Military Aviation Royal Dutch East Indies Air Force).

As I have still several requests this will definitely not be the last one.

They are available at Flightsim.com, Avsim.com and here. When anybody need help with the conversion just let me know.

Cheers,
    Huub

Anime Adoring Aviator
    I flipped the textures, resized them in Paint.net and saved them as DXT3. When I fired up FS it looked like this:

Attachment 34484

Can one of you tell me what I did wrong or upload his converted textures?

Did you do the same to the alpha file?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi,

you should make the alpha files lighter (light grey). The original alpha's are far to dark resulting in a very shiny plane. Making them lighter will improve the result. But it will take some time to find the right tone.

Wim

Hi,

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military FS2004 RNAF C-47 X-8 1961 VIP Transport
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: c47_klu-x8.zip Size: 7,574,159 Date: 03-27-2011 Downloads: 126
    FS2004 RNAF C-47 X-8 1961 VIP Transport. This file contains alternative textures for the Douglas C47 by Manfred Jahn and team. The textures depict the C-47B-25-DK 44-77083 which flew with the Royal Dutch Air Force from August 1953 until March 1961 for VIP transport. C-47 Skytrain Exterior Base Pack 1.0 required (C47BASEPACK.ZIP), optionally also the interior model tweak (C47_INTERIOR.ZIP). This repaint was created by using the original paint kit released with the aircraft. By Huub Vink.

BB686:USA-flag:
    It's for FSX (DDS textures in the archive !! )

So far .. not yet a repaint available anywhere for the FS2004 version

Dear Lazerbeak,

I look forward to your paint of the Shoro Japanese copy of the C-47, I think (only my personal thought) the Japanese copy was a much more powerful copy of the C-47, it had big bullet spinners and over a thousand hp engines.

Thank you

Casey

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    the fsx ones once resized should fit if i recall...

i'm working (slowly) on a Hellenic Air Force C-47 in typical Camo might be a while though due to R/W commitments recently...
    :violent: WIP?
    Looking forward to that Matt! I'm working (slooooowly) on some sounds too! How about Tom Gibson's C-46 in Hellenic Air Force camo too? That's also one very nice piece of machinery. They'd go down a treat at Sedes AB. sorry!...just love the new icons

Members who have read this thread: 1