Patch 1.9.3.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.9.3.0

Patch 1.9.3.0

Downloading now. In addition to the well-publicized Japan update, here are the rest of the release notes:

Airports
    Airports added:

LEMG – Málaga Airport
    LFLC – Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne
    PAFR – Bryant Army Airfield Heliport

Airports improvements:

60 airports improvements based on community feedback
    Control towers added on 700+ US airports

UI
    Sensitivity screen is now displayed correctly
    The Manual cache management UI has been improved
    ATC Options should now correctly be saved
    Liveries selection menu should now work as expected
    The music can now be deactivated before or during the initial download on startup

AERODYNAMICS
    The collision problems at negative altitudes have been fixed
    Braking power on ground has been tweaked to reflect more realistic braking distances
    Fuel consumption updating mass problem has fixed for some airplanes
    A plane with no fuel leak system should no longer lead to a crash
    Aircraft gyroscopic stability can now be set in our SDK toolset

PLANES
    Incorrect energy formulas resulting in inaccurate autopilot behavior have been fixed
    Autopilot overshooting altitude capture during descent has been fixed
    Allow to up to 8500fpm max climb speed after the new AP is now more accurately respecting 6000fpm

Visuals and animation

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: wing flex has been improved
    Beechcraft King Air 350i: rudder pedals animation is now correct
    Cessna 152 : fixed a graphic glitch when switching between cockpit and external views
    Airbus A320neo : fixed issues related to copilot AP button lights

General aviation systems

Cessna 172 Skyhawk: fixed impossible connection with ATC when BUS 1 is ON and bus 2 is off
    Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: fixed PFD and MFD button issues between pilot and copilot sides
    Robin DR400/100 Cadet: can now request ground services to the ATC
    Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000): fixed checklist camera issues during the “After starting engine” procedure
    Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat: fixed pilot heat not working
    Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat: fixed copilot not setting master switch ON during starting engine checklist procedure
    Daher TBM 930: fixed fuel tank incorrect tooltip

General aviation avionics

Garmin avionics : fixed issues with auto switch from NAV to LOC in approach
    Garmin avionics : Fixed wrong country codes
    G1000/3000 : Fixes on flight plan entering / duplicate waypoint page
    G1000 : performance improvements when displaying nearest airport page
    G3000 : it is now possible to active approach legs
    Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000): fixed automatic change from GPS to VOR 1 when a flight plan or approach loaded
    Cessna 172 Skyhawk: fixed crash when deleting direct-to flight plan
    Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: fixed default state of avionics Sby & avionic bus guarded switches when starting cold and dark
    Cessna Citation CJ4: Upper menu and ENG buttons are no longer INOP

Airliners systems

Airbus A320neo Fix APU Fuel Flow shutting down left engine
    Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner/ Airbus A320neo Fixed lack of elevator authority with FBW at low speeds
    Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: fixed APU fault light behavior
    Airbus A320neo : fixed max thrust display
    Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: altitude target can no longer be set to negative values
    Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: fixed wrong approach VREF speeds

Airliners avionics

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner HUD colors and layout improvements
    Airbus A320neo : fixed missing runway in the MCDU perf page
    Airbus A320neo : improved disappearance of legs too early when following a flight plan
    Airbus A320neo : STARs are filtered to display the ones connected to the selected runway in the MCDU
    Airbus A320neo : “Invalid entry” has been replaced by “Not allowed” message in MCDU
    Airbus A320neo : Flaps “F” indication replaced by “FULL” when flaps completely deployed

WEATHER
    The wind gradient when getting close to the ground on live weather has been fixed
    Lightning have been added when applicable

MARKETPLACE
    Average rating has been fine-tuned for more accuracy
    3rd party filter is now sorted alphabetically
    Improved notification system for content bought outside of the marketplace existing in the Community folder
    Version history is now available when an item is patched

CONTENT MANAGER
    The community content is now clearly identified in the content manager
    The content manager button in the Marketplace will redirect to the corresponding addon content
    Version history is now available when an item is patched

INSTALLATION MANAGER
    The title’s audio is properly muted when the window is out of focus
    Graphic settings UI during onboarding has been fixed
    Apply and Save pop up now displays only once during the Graphic Settings in the Onboarding

LOCALIZATION
    Various typo fixes in multiple languages

CAMERAS
    Fixed visual glitch happening in camera cuts
    Fixed wrong LOD selection when a camera cut happens
    Camera reset function does not revert Cam speed/ momentum to default values anymore

INPUT
    CH Eclipse default preset has been added
    TrackIR can now be enabled or disabled in the camera panel
    Track IR is now disabled when on the pause menu
    Improved support for Logitech Multi panel

BUSH TRIPS
    Back on track should no longer show the wrong airport

WORLD
    Ocean rendering has been improved (waves scale, foam and reflections)
    Water mask has been edited to display actual aerial image near the shore in some areas
    Luminance has been tweaked for some photogrammetry cities (Napoli, Darwin, San Gorgonio, Las Vegas)
    Fixed terraforming issue which was causing issues in KTEX airport
    Water elevation has been updated to improve rivers (Missouri river and around Toronto for example) and lakes (center of Canada)
    Fixed detail map rendering around runway/taxiway borders

KNOWN ISSUES
    Game may crash if the VFR Map is not opened right after starting the flight
    Cessna Citation Longitude: Regression AP FLC and VS mode
    Cessna Citation Longitude: Autopilot climb and level off issues
    Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: Autopilot switches to FLCH mode instead of catching the glideslope
    Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: Autopilot switches to VNAV mode on take-off even if VNAV is not used by the pilot
    Airbus A320neo : PFDs shutdowns randomly
    The Tour of Japan discovery flight will be greyed out in the main menu if the Beechcraft King Air 350i is not installed
    A new install on a different install folder will only download the mandatory content and will require a reboot (non mandatory content can be downloaded from the Content manager)
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Just finished. After inspecting the Official folder, EVERY package folder except three FS Base folders - CVT, Marketplace, and Videos - has been updated. So if you commented out your copilot, he/she will be back. The line "ATC Options should now correctly be saved" has me hopeful that I won't have to edit all of my ATC_ID lines again, but we'll see.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    Why include a Heliport when there are no helicopters

I was wondering the same thing...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The trees, did they fix the trees? How hard can it be?

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

How's the backward compatibility now? Did they make VCs work again for FSX imports? Can't see it in the list....

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    How's the backward compatibility now? Did they make VCs work again for FSX imports? Can't see it in the list....
    Just loaded up the M2M Mirage 2000 and the VC click spots are working fine now.

Japan is NOT included with the 1930 update! You'll need to go into the Marketplace and get it there. Just make sure you're logged in and click the "Buy and Download" option.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Just loaded up the M2M Mirage 2000 and the VC click spots are working fine now.
    Is the M2K conversion publicly available somewhere?

Lower Water Graphics?

Lower resolution water has been flagged by a number of observent people in the MS Forums. Looks like the water graphics has significatnly lower resolution, even on the high graphics setting something has definately changed when I compare to early screen shots. If true, and not a bug, ASOBO seems to be removing graphics quality in favor of fps. This would be unaccepable to me, a loss of visual fidelity. Clouds also seem to be slightly lower resolution rendering as well. Yes, I have confirmed all of my graphics settings are where they should be.

If this is Asobo's plan, I'll simply leave the sim.

-d

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Why include a Heliport when there are no helicopters
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...
    As I recall, ASOBO intends to make helicopters possible with future updates.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

My anti-aliasing seems worse and the water and ground looks like it's alive up close, freaky. Water looks worse, will have to investigate further.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps its just my old eyes, but I'm personally not seeing any degradation..

Figured out my problem and it was flying in 4k with my TV at 1920x1080, changed my resolution to 4k, same as sim and horrible anti-aliasing went away. Only thing I don't like is seeing the same water texture copied over and over, really noticeable.

Yep - water is definitely an issue. Thankfully, I do most of my flying over land.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Water effects and reflections add to the overall immersion of the sim just like clouds or landclass and everything else that makes up the landscape.

Throttle

Yes , and now my Throttle function is "defunct" after the patch , only full or zero amount ( Thustmaster Airbus )

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Is the M2K conversion publicly available somewhere?
    I would hardly call it a conversion, honestly. Just imported the FSX model into the new sim. It doesn't fly correctly. It's a very involved process converting everything into the new .cfg formats and I have no idea what I'm doing so that makes thing a bit more difficult.

But it looks great and the afterburner works. Also the vapor effects and most of the click spots work. Hoping to eventually get it to a state where I can at least take off, fly it and land even if it's not quite "by the book".

I've been following OzWookie's guide
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...o-msfs.448744/

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    I would hardly call it a conversion, honestly. Just imported the FSX model into the new sim. It doesn't fly correctly. It's a very involved process converting everything into the new .cfg formats and I have no idea what I'm doing so that makes thing a bit more difficult.

But it looks great and the afterburner works. Also the vapor effects and most of the click spots work. Hoping to eventually get it to a state where I can at least take off, fly it and land even if it's not quite "by the book".

I've been following OzWookie's guide
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...o-msfs.448744/
    Thanks! I may give this a try. It is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    As I recall, ASOBO intends to make helicopters possible with future updates.
    It is not nice to tease us with helipad scenery, but no helos, or support for them to be in the sim! I know, I know, it is coming. But flying a helo would be so awesome in this sim. NC

Japan is NOT included with the 1930 update! You'll need to go into the Marketplace and get it there. Just make sure you're logged in and click the "Buy and Download" option.
    Ok, I thought I had Japan installed, but I guess I do not. I cannot locate in Marketplace how/where to download Japan. NC

Make sure you have the 1.9.3.0 either by going to windowed mode and checking the top left, or by clicking your account icon. Your version # will be listed under your gamer tag. As long as that's good, go to the Marketplace tab and use the Search - type Japan and it should be there.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Make sure you have the 1.9.3.0 either by going to windowed mode and checking the top left, or by clicking your account icon. Your version # will be listed under your gamer tag. As long as that's good, go to the Marketplace tab and use the Search - type Japan and it should be there.
    I have 1.9.3.0 installed, but I cannot find Japan listed on Marketplace. If I type Marketplace it goes to Microsoft's Azure Marketplace. I go to the Microsoft Store, and can't find it there, either. NC

Is there a link available, please?

Use the Marketplace tab at the top of the in-sim home page.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0