Iris F-16D Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris F-16D Released

JamesChams

Question

Mr. Smudge,
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    I forgot to add this to the manual... the Pilots heads are controlled by the prop axis, ... this is done because the prop pitch animation transfers across multiplayer, so pilot b can see where pilot a is looking..

Try the water rudder animation for an extra easter egg..
    Thats an interesting feature. Does is have something to do with the JHMS?

gajit
    Just one thing Ive noticed - I dont seem to have any bumpmapping - does anyone else?

TRIPLESIX
    Bump mapping should be there. The Master file shows it as well as the files I downloaded myself.

gajit
    Hi Triplesix

Sorry but all textures look flat here - not even a hint of bump mapping - all my other aircraft show bumps but not the F-16d

gajit
    I do love the night lighting in the VC -

Also impressed with the shockwave style landing light and nice strobes

Blog Entries
    I have been reading through the manual for the last hour. This thing reminds me of the real Dash-1.

If the aircraft is like the manual....oh boy, oh boy..
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Videre Vincere Est

Cool

On the sim behalf, tried to figure out how to switch between NAV and GPS (iot slave the AP to my GPS plotted route), but was unable to.

Is this intended, or is this something to be fixed.

If this was not intended, is there a way to manually enable this feature?

I always want to enjoy the aircrafts realism, but sometimes i also like to be a dumb passenger and just enjoy the views, with a bird on a simple AP

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

TRIPLESIX
    I'm glad to hear that you like the VC lighting! :-D

About the bumb mapping: It may not be as pronounced as on other aircraft, but it's there. I felt that the amount (the "hight" of the bump) was more realistic this way.
    Also FSX displays shadows (and thus the effects of bumb mappings) less intense if the visibility is reduced or sun angles are extremely low.
    On your screenshot, check the panel right next to the air refueling door. The upper edge is brighter and the lower one darker in color, indicating the presence of the bump map. I have to agree though, it is not very distinct on that picture.
    Try about 60 to 90 minutes before sunset, unlimited visibility, to check it out.

TRIPLESIX
    In the INSTRUMENT MODE "NAV" the AP will follow the FSX flightplan when you select STRG SEL on the AP ROLL select switch. That switch is located on the left side of the main panel, the INSTR MODE selector is the rotary next to the HSI, between the "pilots legs".

gajit
    Hi Tripplesix

Yes - I have noticed they show up better in the lower sun but the it does look so flat, even when rolling, during the rest of the day. I understand what you wanted to achieve but the paints look a bit flat compared to other products. Maybe thats just me. And you know anyway that your never please everyone!!

Great job anyways :ernae:

TRIPLESIX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I have been reading through the manual for the last hour. This thing reminds me of the real Dash-1.

If the aircraft is like the manual....oh boy, oh boy..
    Oh yes, the aircraft is like the manual.... :-)

I'm very pleased to hear that you are reminded of the real Dash-1, as that was our intention for the manual, aside from telling the simmers what they need to know to fly and handle her! ;-)

Videre Vincere Est

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLESIX View Post
    In the INSTRUMENT MODE "NAV" the AP will follow the FSX flightplan when you select STRG SEL on the AP ROLL select switch. That switch is located on the left side of the main panel, the INSTR MODE selector is the rotary next to the HSI, between the "pilots legs".
    Copy, thanks

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

yago9
    It,s a nice model ,not a wow reaction from me but I like it,it,s a keeper..Quess what VC i,m using in the clean Thunderbird 8 for a change? Yes! It works and fits like a glove...

After watching a couple of video's on YouTube I must say I do like the look of this model. However, being an owner of the Aerosoft model, it simply comes down to justifying a purchase. Maybe when I'm feeling a bit flush, I'll make a purchase. At the moment though I just don't think I could justify getting a second F-16 for my hangar. I image I'm not the only one in this predicament.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

JamesChams
    Mr. Lucian "Yago9,"

Well now that you've got a hold of it, maybe when your ready to put your paintbrush to it, you can show Mr. Michael how to make those high-res textures make his new Bird Shine.

Gracie!

PS: Mr. thearrowmaker, I'll be buying it eventually, but like you, I going to wait a little (for any Tech issues to be resolved and, perhaps, a repaint update).

A quick comment about bump mapping and this model. I fully agree that bump mapping adds to the textural realism of a model but in the case of an F-16, having spent a significant amount of time around them, the majority of it's surfaces are quite flat overall. Bump mapping eye candy can be overdone much like a scale plastic model with way oversized panel lines and rivet holes. This model looks fine in skin/surface detail from the screens so far. Can't wait to buy it and dig in!
    "Soon to be Expat"

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Mr. Lucian "Yago9,"

Well now that you've got a hold of it, maybe when your ready to put your paintbrush to it, .

Gracie!

It,s a no no, I looked at the texture layout..same like the Mirage 2000, way too broken.It seems lately the new native FSX planes are not made for any repaints.If this trends keeps going on there will be no more photoshop add-on textures for FSX models.From now on I will make my personal purchase decisions based on how "friendly" the texture is...I kinda rushed into this one..Now back on painting and flying the best one outthere...

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    A quick comment about bump mapping and this model. I fully agree that bump mapping adds to the textural realism of a model but in the case of an F-16, having spent a significant amount of time around them, the majority of it's surfaces are quite flat overall. Bump mapping eye candy can be overdone much like a scale plastic model with way oversized panel lines and rivet holes. This model looks fine in skin/surface detail from the screens so far. Can't wait to buy it and dig in!
    Exactly right. 98% of the F-16 surface is smooth as a babies butt. Panels are attached with "apex" style countersunk screws, so you can run your hand over the skin surface and never feel a high spot. Bump mapping is nice on older aircraft that used a lot of dome rivets, but on the advanced fighters that's no longer the case, the smoother the better. So all you bump mapping addicts will have to accept that on this model. . .probably zilch, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

gajit
    As long as the complete lack of bumps in full daylight are accurate - then its good news.

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Great aircraft so far.

There are a whole bunch of likes (The GBU drop thing (absolutely a winner!), ALR display, Radar display, cockpit functionality etc etc). The outside model looks excellent as well.

However, i have found one dislike....

The pilots.

Something we have been spoiled with in the fantastic Aerosoft F-16 and lately the most excellent L-39 is/are the pilot's movements (independent from each other), and the visor up/down capability (ok ok, in the L-39 it is connected to the canopy position, but still).

I'd really like to see pilots move and work in the canopy, and visor's manipulative.

If that (and perhaps a TGP animation) would be in a future update, it would make me extremely happy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

JamesChams

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    It,s a no no, I looked at the texture layout..same like the Mirage 2000, way too broken.It seems lately the new native FSX planes are not made for any repaints.If this trends keeps going on there will be no more photoshop add-on textures for FSX models.From now on I will make my personal purchase decisions based on how "friendly" the texture is...I kinda rushed into this one..Now back on painting and flying the best one outthere...
    Mr. Lucian "yago9,"
    Thanks for the "Heads-up" ... I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be as good as they were making it seem. No bash intended; but, everyone knows I like stuff that's the BEST and kind of leave the rest.

Kept on doing what you do best my friend! :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Exactly right. 98% of the F-16 surface is smooth as a babies butt. Panels are attached with "apex" style countersunk screws, so you can run your hand over the skin surface and never feel a high spot. Bump mapping is nice on older aircraft that used a lot of dome rivets, but on the advanced fighters that's no longer the case, the smoother the better. So all you bump mapping addicts will have to accept that on this model. . .probably zilch, lol.
    I remember seeing how much of the underside of the fuselage and empennage had some slight uneven areas.

Falcon got a question, what is that grey colored "tape" on the leading edges of the slats for? I remember seeing this on later Blocks of the type.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Really cannot wait for this now!!

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    . . . . . Falcon got a question, what is that grey colored "tape" on the leading edges of the slats for? I remember seeing this on later Blocks of the type.
    . . . .Man, I have no idea. I can't say that I ever remember that on any of the jets we have. Antistatic maybe, but that's just a guess really. Unless someone here actually knows from experience, I'd say pose that question over at F-16.net and you will get an answer.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 6