It's not dead yet!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's not dead yet!

Icon26 It's not dead yet!

While it has been extremely empty around here of late, that doesn't mean nothing is going on. Below is some very WIP evidence of this fact. When complete, CFS3 will effectively be a different sim. The second pic shows a bit of what I'm up to the rest of the time (and gives some clues as to why it's taking so long to for me to get up and running after my move nearly a year ago). That's the Nile River and I'm flying a couple of mechanics into South Sudan to recover an aircraft that was grounded there due to an in flight lightning strike.

Very Cool!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

It's just the normal summer slow down which happens every year, Things will begin to step up when people are back inside.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    Now that's grabbed my attention Daniel, both pics! Looking forward to seeing more detail of what you've been working on.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

I haven't got a lot visually to show yet, lots of boring code work in Autohotkey. But, this will completely get rid of the entire CFS3 interface, replace how the quick combat, single mission, and campaign modes work, add new game modes, easier control of settings (the beginning of which is shown in the pic) and fully integrate and exploit the new possibilities explored in the Real Systems Module created for the Spitfire. It will be a new standalone install, the exact content of which will be announced once things are farther along. The hope will be to start with an initial module, and expand it will new modules as time goes.
    Last edited by gecko; September 10th, 2023 at 06:10.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Excited ! Looks super ! Can't wait to see what's in store for us ! Thanks so much for all the work you , and the others, are doing for us. Long live CFS3 ! Regards, Scott

Blog Entries
    Amazing !This ought to bring a whole new life to this old sim ! Thanks ! Regards,Scott

Wow, amazing, please keep us updated.

A big Thank you!

Rob

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Now that's grabbed my attention Daniel, both pics! Looking forward to seeing more detail of what you've been working on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    While it has been extremely empty around here of late, that doesn't mean nothing is going on. Below is some very WIP evidence of this fact. When complete, CFS3 will effectively be a different sim. The second pic shows a bit of what I'm up to the rest of the time (and gives some clues as to why it's taking so long to for me to get up and running after my move nearly a year ago). That's the Nile River and I'm flying a couple of mechanics into South Sudan to recover an aircraft that was grounded there due to an in flight lightning strike.

Hey all ! I'm back for an amazing project and a good working! Very cool gecko !

Blog Entries
    Hey Dewoitine, good to see you again!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries
    Hello Pat Pattle, I often come to view the forum but it is true that for some time I feel a slight abandonment on my part. gecko relaunches my interest

Some more progress. It doesn't look like much, but it represents a major piece of the interface complete, and some vital functions implemented. The is the Display Options page of the Options menu. It is a full replacement for the default detail sliders as well as the entire configuration tool. It also enables easy changes to the new options found in Ankor's shaders. You will have more control than was possible with just the detail sliders, but without having to deal with the complexity and potential to create issues that we had with the configuration tool. Tool tips explain the function of each setting.

Also, the individual settings are modular. Each of the four lists can be easily expanded to include new settings for things we haven't thought of yet simply by adding an entry to an ini file, and creating a new setting script by using on of the existing setting scripts as a template. No changes are required to the existing interface program to do this. There will be a pdf that explains how to do this under the Developer Guides tab in the Library menu shown above.

This is very exciting, can't wait!

This sounds very interesting, Dan! It must cost you a lot of hours to do this. Thanks for that!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

It feels like it is taking forever, but that's mainly because I haven't been able to throw too much time at it. The worst has been debating back and forth over design choices and layout. I kind of hate that part. Once I figure out what I'm actually trying to do, it hasn't been too bad.

Another bit done. Some familiar settings, and some new ones. Also not that all the sub menus are scroll-able if they have enough options.

Bleed out from wounds!

Blog Entries
    Wow ! Amazing ! Thank you Dan !

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    Ground Control?
    Unlike the display options, which are almost all fully implemented and functional, most of the ones here that don't correspond to stock options simply set a value in an ini file right now. Code yet to be written will be able to read that value and behave accordingly.
    Last edited by gecko; October 17th, 2023 at 22:58.

A little more. Here are some extra settings where you will be able to customize a few more aspects of your experience. Changes to sound settings and to those interface settings that can be seen from this screen can be seen in real time. None of the settings, including display and realism settings will require the program to be restarted in order to take effect.

I'm looking forward to see the finished product.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 0