Blackburn Skua / Roc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Skua / Roc

Blog Entries

Blackburn Skua / Roc

I don't have MAW installed at the moment, I recall there was a Skua and or Roc included, is this so?

Thanks,

Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blackburn Skua Clive.

Would be nice to have a few early FAA a/c in ETO if only for Chris's Ford & Thorney Island.

Skua. It's a bit "Could do better" though. Old CFS1 model of Corrado's, if I remember correctly, not improved by an improvable skin... You want to ask John to do one. I don't know how he manages, but even these old things look good once he's had a go at them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    Like the Fulmer wasn't it AI? A shame in both cases that they didn't have a VC. Both are imporant early FAA aircraft.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

The MAW Fulmar has a nice skin, though - that makes a lot of difference.

Clive, you've got the source files for the Hurricane cockpit - without suggesting that you make it actually correct, is there any way you could get it more-or-less to fit these two aircraft? Bodge job perhaps, but at least they'd be useable!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Please.......................................... Clive.....................:greenbo:

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

The Fairey Battle pilot's cockpit fits both without too much trouble.

Don't forget to reset the air file to =0!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Duh I should of thought of the Battle for the Fulmer, but good news on it fitting the Skua.

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

I have the Fulmar and Skua in my MAW aircraft but they are not selectable in quick combat. I'd like to take a look at these also. Could you tell me what I need to do to make them available for flying? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by swpierce View Post
    I have the Fulmar and Skua in my MAW aircraft but they are not selectable in quick combat. I'd like to take a look at these also. Could you tell me what I need to do to make them available for flying? Thanks.
    You have to edit the .AIR file with AirEd, and change Type from 2 to 0 to make it flyable. Maybe you will have to copy a cockpit file from another model, too (look in the model file to see wether there is a cockpit or not).

Hope it helps.

Attachment 670Attachment 668Attachment 667Attachment 669

Ironically in the orignal MAW install, you could fly the Fulmer. But this was changed with an update. Understandable I suppose, but I did shoot down some SM79's with the Fulmer

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Quote Originally Posted by noelberrier View Post
    You have to edit the .AIR file with AirEd, and change Type from 2 to 0 to make it flyable. Maybe you will have to copy a cockpit file from another model, too (look in the model file to see wether there is a cockpit or not).

Hope it helps.
    This does help, but I have one more question. I am not familiar with AirEd, where would I get this?

Halfway down the page here:

http://www.simviation.com/fsdesign_utilities.htm

Open the .air file with it and adjust entry 105 (about 5 lines down) from aircraft type=2 (in other words, an AI) to =0. Then you'll be able to fly it and find it in your QC menu. Use "enter" to enter the data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Thanks for the info.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies chaps!

Would be nice to have a few early FAA a/c in ETO if only for Chris's Ford & Thorney Island.
    You read my mind Gordon (bet it didn't take long, hehe). There are a few forgotten a/c that we have in one form or another that could be made useable and that would round off the early war picture .
    The Skua, Fulmar & Anson all did their bit, check out these stories; (thanks for the link John)

http://freespace.virgin.net/john.dell/Memories.htm

Any chance of one of you kind lads sending me the Skua and Fulmar pretty please?
    I have plans to make an Anson pit at some point, the Skua would e agood one to have too. I'll try the Battle one in the Fulmar and see how it fits.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

the only trouble with the MAW Fulmar is the cross that is always down. I've corrected this by changing the aircraft.cfg some time ago but I don't remember which parameter exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

(He means the arrestor hook!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Pat Pattle:
    I have the standard MAW Fulmar and Skua that I think I can send you if that is all you are asking for. I don't have any templates or extras.

Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    The Fairey Battle pilot's cockpit fits both without too much trouble.

Don't forget to reset the air file to =0!
    ndicki The Fairey Battle pilot's cockpit has 3 files, 0, 01 and 02. Do you have to rename all 3 or just the cockpit0 one.

CHEERS

Clive

Uploading base a/c to your folder on the ftp now. Will load into cfs 3 to check that no pylons etc required.

Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    ndicki The Fairey Battle pilot's cockpit has 3 files, 0, 01 and 02. Do you have to rename all 3 or just the cockpit0 one.

I'd have thought the cockpit will be file 0. Standard CFS3 conventions would have 01 and 02 as additional station like navigator and rear gunner. The Lancaster has a few more, on account of the number of turrets.

HTH
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

What's the latest on the Defiant? I figure with a good FAA skin it could be used as a Roc in some missions.

Ford was a Naval Air Station (HMS Peregrine) during early BoB having been transferred in January 1939 with the job of training observers and navigators for the FAA. A variety of a/c were based there Percival Proctors, Blackburn Sharks and Ospreys, Walrus, Swordfish and Albacores. Airfield defence consisted of just 6 WW1 Lewis mg.

On 18th August Stukas attacked Thorney Island, Poling radar station and Ford. The attack on Ford was devastating with 28 killed and 75 injured. The fuel dumps were set ablaze, 2 hangars, MT & store sheds destroyed.

After much hard work Ford was ready to receive the Blenheim IF's of 23 Squadron from Wittering on the 12th September and at the end of the month the base was reliquished to the RAF. It continued to have a very active war and some buildings remain to this day although it is now the site of an open prison.

What's the latest on the Defiant? I figure with a good FAA skin it could be used as a Roc in some missions.
    I've only just got ETO 1.3 and have still to install, but I think you'll find the Defiant there in all her glory.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post

The only one which will transfer is the pilot's cockpit - that's 0. The others are for the rear gunner and the bombardier, neither of which will fit either aircraft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR