Screenshots! - Page 17
Page 17 of 125 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots!

Just IMHO, not sure of shine effects that make even dirt shiny??

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Killing things..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hurri 001.jpg   Hurri 002.jpg   Hurri 003.jpg   Hurri 004.jpg   Hurri 005.jpg  

@Gosd
    here im using the same plane, did you mean the shine like this? i didn't modify it's m3d..it's all there

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Been dancing in older CFS3/Firepower install from Master Jaycee built for himself.
    With a basic shader loaded, off the Hobbit went, even landed and had a picnic.
    Just love flying like this. OOPPS!! "The Queen wasn't amused. "
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P39 003.jpg   P39 004.jpg   P39 005.jpg   P39 006.jpg   P39 007.jpg   P39 009.jpg  

P39 008.jpg   P39 00010.jpg   P39 001.jpg   P39 002.jpg  

Close Call!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot01-02-15-14-23-23.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Some truly amazing screenshots here considering its CFS3!

May I ask that folks could share there fx settings pretty please? I'd like to have a go but don't know where to start with it. Thanks :0)
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries
    This ones a bit naughty, it's from a test install I've been playing with.

Hampdens over Cambridgeshire.
    Last edited by Pat Pattle; January 3rd, 2015 at 04:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    This ones a bit naughty, it's from a test install I've been playing with...
    Hmm, is that new scenery with smaller fields and different trees (or differently placed)?? I like it!! How do the cities look?

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    This ones a bit naughty, it's from a test install I've been playing with.

Hampdens over Cambridgeshire.
    I likes it Pat, Too Cool!!

Blog Entries
    is that new scenery with smaller fields and different trees
    This is me messing around trying to get the WoFF scenery into one of my installs.There are many issues with it and I shan't spend any more time on it. Does look very pretty though!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I am learning, the B-17 was just "white" using Ankor/Gecko shine in ETO 1.50.
    Which I have imported to MAW.
    Using Paint.net program I played with the r.dds and s.dds files to achive this look in my modded MAW avanced set up instead of the "white" look.

One question which .DDS in the water files control the shine on the water??
    I would like to add more shine to the water with the ETO 1.50 Ankor/Gecko shine/shader package with the ETO 1.50 install.

Hobbits likes shiny things, my precious!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B 17 001.jpg   B 17 002.jpg   B 17 003.jpg   B 17 004.jpg   B 17 005.jpg   B 17 006.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Win 7 MAW advanced install
    Some aircraft look great already with the Ancor/Gecko shine files in ETO 1.50, really likes this.
    More shiny things!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P 38 001.jpg   P 38 002.jpg   P 38 003.jpg   P 38 004.jpg   P 47 001.jpg   P 51 001.jpg  

P 51 002.jpg   P 51 003.jpg   P 51 004.jpg   P 51 005.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Win 7 Maw advanced install
    Have installed Master Stary's new MAW textures into this install also now.

Yea hobbit likes P-55, such a lovely Bird.
    First saw one as a young hobbit at the Air Force museum, had one on loan for years from the Smithsonian, not there now.. Bummer.

My Precious! Oh yea!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P 55 003.jpg   P 55 002.jpg   P 55 001.jpg   P 55 004.jpg   P 55 005.jpg  

It was rare for combat aircraft to have been buffed to a high polished shine. We can get a false impression from Airshows and Museums that they all had pristine finishes that gleamed like a mirror. In reality the bare metal finish aircraft quickly turned somewhat flat from exposure to the elements as the aluminum took on an oxide patina. I've researched a fair number of period photos and the large majority did not look like the show planes of today. The effect I do see is that even with a flat aluminum finish you can have pronounced specular effects and a mirror look if you view the surface from a very shallow angle (this is an optical effect for most surfaces determined by physics).

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    It was rare for combat aircraft to have been buffed to a high polished shine. We can get a false impression from Airshows and Museums that they all had pristine finishes that gleamed like a mirror. In reality the bare metal finish aircraft quickly turned somewhat flat from exposure to the elements as the aluminum took on an oxide patina. I've researched a fair number of period photos and the large majority did not look like the show planes of today. The effect I do see is that even with a flat aluminum finish you can have pronounced specular effects and a mirror look if you view the surface from a very shallow angle (this is an optical effect for most surfaces determined by physics).
    I agree with you on the 'mercury reflectiveness' on some of the aircraft. Especially the painted ones. Paint was meant to hide the aircraft, so except for those high gloss Navy jobs, most aircraft (or at least their painted surfaces) should be rather little or non-reflective. Not to mention the toll that day in, day out flying took on the aircraft. They probably didn't hose 'em down after every mission.
    But you gotta admit that even the most skillfull skinner can't do for a 'bare metal' model what the latest developments do! Now it's a matter of finding the right balance...

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Finally a computer fast enough to use the contrails
    Thanks be to Joshua, and Kathy.
    These look Great!
    May have to build some missions using all of this soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B-17 0001.jpg   B-17 0002.jpg   B-17 0003.jpg   B-17 0005.jpg   B-17 0006.jpg   B-17 0007.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Finally a computer fast enough to use the contrails

May have to build some missions using all of this soon.
    Verily HH,

using contrails on a 100 bomber formation would be a wondrous thing.

As an aside, does each "unit" in a formationtype (eg. diamond, echelon) have the same altitude? this seems to be the weakness of the CFS3 setup for formation flying. If the separation could be set up to specify vertical as well as horizontal separation within the formation, that would help with the realism. All those bombers doing mass evasive actions due to the twitchy AI pilots, looks a bit wierd I guess?

Does the skill level affect the tolerance of the pilot to closeness of another aircraft? I.e. do you find that in formations with skill=3, that the evasive manoeuvers are not so bad?

compliments of the New Year,

When working with aircraft aluminum it comes off the sheet fairly shiny and reflective, but not like a mirror. Additionally, care is taken not to scratch it as even a small scratch will cut through the corrosion proof pure aluminum coating and expose the aluminum alloy beneath to corrosion.

It would certainly not be polished and waxed like you see at air shows (this is necessary to preserve the aircraft over time though as unpainted metal will corrode much faster than when it is painted) nor would it have been cared for quite so diligently as we do today as the aircraft were not really expected to last long enough for corrosion to become an issue anyways. There should be some decent reflection visible, you can see it in period photos if the lighting is right, but you wouldn't have seen polished and mirror like finishes.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I have a rare set of books(from my father) Veterans of Foreign Wars Memorial edition Pictorial History of World War II
    In them are thousands of WW2 photos un re-touched some rather graphic.
    In them are many late war 1944-45 with Highly polished aircraft.
    I realize after a time they would lose thier shine, but as I know from vets who were there, when the 8th desided to use the bombers as bait to bring up the remaining Luftwaffe, the idea of bare metal wasn't always welcomed.
    A dear friend who was in B-17's and later B-29's spoke about his to me, along with several other WW2 vets that were in my life years ago, all now have passed unto Our Lord, God bless them.
    a few photos (sorry about the quality not easy to do take pictures of pictures.)

And I am grateful my Father got these books while in the Army in 52' never seen another set of them yet.
    Thousands and thousands of photos, also have a set for Korea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polished B-24 001.jpg   Polished B-24 002.jpg   Polished B-24 003.jpg  
    Last edited by HouseHobbit; January 5th, 2015 at 16:55.

Members who have read this thread: 140