Talon's Marianas and Leyte 1944

Thread: Talon's Marianas and Leyte 1944

Talon's Marianas and Leyte 1944

I assume these are based on stock mesh

HP.....

IIRC, these are based on Maskriders bases some of those use stock mesh and some of the later ones use Rhumbas mesh. I think Talon bases were on the stock version and is this a included mesh in the setup. Check the read-me for MR's Marianas to confirm this.
    My main rigs has blown and being a senior rig I am having some difficulty tracking down the culprit. Think it is the p/s but have to get the time, and patience to confirm that., so this is from memory and some ollllllllllllld notes I found.
    I am sure that The Bookie would be more able to confirm this either way.

Hi Highpockets: My best guess is that the Mariana's mesh is stock and the PI mesh is too. Maskrider's Philippines unfortunately is not yet GSL, but I think Talon's (RIP) missions there are for Ormoc Bay - west of Leyte and carrier based on the US side. The nearest land MR bases are Del Monte and Cebu City. I referenced Talon as a contributor for my USS Essex campaign Ormoc Bay missions.

So... Use the stock mesh for both unless Talon's readme specifies otherwise. I used Rhumba's mesh for both in my campaign without problems because so many of the other bases are requiring it.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks to all for input. The readme's do not mention Rhumba's mesh so that's why I assumed they are stock.
    Shadow Wolf, I am using your missions but under a different install.
    Thought I would give these two missions of Talon's --in what I call PTO Late war--- a try.

These campaigns came out about the same time Rhumba's mesh came out,so no his mesh was not used.At the time other mesh was used for Formosa and the Philippines.Later Talon ( rip ) replace it with Rhumba's mesh.I know this because Hiede sent all his CFS2 and CFS3 stuff to me on discs.In total there was over 25 discs.

TheBookie

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

I don't think Rhumba's mesh existed at the time my Marianas pack was released. However, the MR Marianas pack contains its own mesh which will override whichever mesh is present on your rig- stock or Rhumba,

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Thanks Guys
    I became interested in the Philippine Sea carrier war and Leyte in more detail after talking to a fellow resident here who served on the USS Knapp (DD- 653)1943 -1945.He has some interesting stories. The USS Knapp was involved in almost every operation of Halsey's in the Pacific during that time. I picked up a couple of books by Osprey publishing and decided to load up Talon's missions for some flying fun--not there are others that came after Talon's that are not.

Maskrider
    I assume even though these are older missions, your scenery objects list on your site applies except maybe "No Dice" Vietnam objects?

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Maskrider
    I assume even though these are older missions, your scenery objects list on your site applies except maybe "No Dice" Vietnam objects?
    Correct. Pretty sure that No Dice's objects were only used in the Gilberts pack. Wouldn't swear to it on a stack but am pretty sure.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

MR
    Thanks for reply.

Members who have read this thread: 0