REX Essential Release
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REX Essential Release

REX Essential Release

Gents,

In LESS than 2 hours REX Essential for FSX and Prepar3D will be released... FREE to all of our current customers. If you do not own REX, the flightsimstore.com will have it ready as well. Visit our forum and get verified so you may have access to the free update when it's released. Our forum has a countdown timer, and once it counts down, we will release the product as well as our new website. Be sure to check out the site for more information at that time! http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com

Cheers,
    Tim

I have Rex with the overdrive update, so could you give me a brief description of Rex Essential, please?

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Who knew today would be the day the credit card gets burned up? Looking forward to release guys! Be great to have a proper weather engine in FSX, and just in time for hurricane season too.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    I have Rex with the overdrive update, so could you give me a brief description of Rex Essential, please?
    Hi Bone, for those of us who upgraded to the overdrive version we will have to wait until further in the week to get Rex Essentials due to some coding changes.
    As far as the brief description of Rex Essential :isadizzy:, I don't think their is one lol. See this link
    http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com...ntial-for-fsx/

Jim

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    So if I don't have any REX product I should be good then? Probably should uninstall FEX though I imagine.
    Steve

LOL, just released and the rex forum went down or I can no longer access......everyone, jump in...lol.

Jim

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    The US downlink is slow... however CDN Cloud is much better. :^)
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    The US downlink is slow... however CDN Cloud is much better. :^)
    Sssssshhh! We don't want everyone slowing our download down!

(I kid, I kid.)

hehehe...thought about that.... then thought.... nahhhh.... can't do that to my SOH brothers.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Beware that the version released is for REX2 users and not for REx2 Overdrive users. The second will be release later on i guess. :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

installing... will report back
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

I wonder how long the Overdrive folks (like myself) will have to wait? Not that it matters too much. They are offering this as a free upgrade. I am very thankful to the REX team for this. I look forward to it!

...Can this be installed over the existing install or do I need to uninstall REX2 and Overdrive beforehand?
    Matt

Overdrive folks like you and i will have to wait days...not weeks until we get ours (at least that is what I read over at REX forum)!!!

Jim

Some piccies...... 1st three over Puget Sound heading south to SeaTac @ 18:35 Zulu. 4th pic... Eds Field, Arizona at sunset with Mt. Newman and Picacho Peak below @ 19:13 Zulu.

Great performance... negligible fps hit and mighty fine details... the cloud bottoms are darker.

Edit:Last pic.... Yep typical Oahu... 17:35 Zulu... and clouds over the Koolau's (Windward Side of the Island)
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Do you notice a stutter or hang when the weather updates? How about overcast? Is it more accurate?
    Matt

No hang... stutter much less than what I saw with REX updates. Took some more pics ...Big Island..
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

So should one uninstall REX2 Overdrive and install REX Essentials instead? Can not make up my mind about it...

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Okay, I give up....

I can't find it on the REX Forum, but as a verified REX 2 user, I know I can get the upgrade gratis.....I just can't figure out how to do it.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I bought mine at the Flightsim store, and I could just log into my account and download the Essentials pack under my Rex 2.0 order.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Seems you have to be a verified purchaser and add your product number to a thread on their forums.

Yep, soon as I posted I went to my account, and sure enough, the REX 2.0 had already been replaced with REX Essentials...."doh"......
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    So what you guys think so far?
    Steve

At this point, I think it takes a while to download, even with IDM....

Did you uninstall REX 2, or was yours a completely new install?

I did a completely new install.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Members who have read this thread: 168