Vertigo Studios
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Studios

Blog Entries

Vertigo Studios

Looks like Vertigo studios removed their website. Their facebook is still up.
    It looks like the B-25 wont be coming. The last update on it was February 24th 2014.
    And the last entry to their Facebook was February 24th, 2016.

I hope they did'nt go belly up.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

I think a lot of us were waiting on this one . I think this originally started back in 2012 . In the mean time there is a FSX enhanced B-25 from MAAM (Still a Port-over ) that they put together from the old original that came on a CD . I had the original CD and I think all the updates may still be available on their site to make it FSX compatible . I decided to chip in and purchase the "Briefing Time 7th Edition" that has all the updates in on one package plus 40 repaints. I didn't mind contributing to a good cause MAAM . They have some beautifully restored old classics at their museum . To my surprise this latest remake of the original(a couple years old) works well in P3D v3.2 with the exception of a couple of gauges . I never did get it to work in P3D v2.xxxxx . Here is the link to MAAM's Briefing Time 7th Edition : http://www.maam.org/php/xcart/produc...cat=256&page=1

I could be wrong but I thought I read that Warbirdsim.com John Terrell (Bomber_12th) might have mentioned a B-25 on the drawing board .

Rich

Blog Entries
    Yeah. I have the MAAM sim B25. I was just hoping for a good quality FSX native B25. And Vertigo's was looking real good.
    I hope i am wrong about Vertigo. But it dont look to good at the moment.
    I also seen that from Bomber12th. But aside from what he has said, their has never been any other info made available about their doing a B25.
    I have also not seen any info about the P39 they were doing. It would be nice to know where that is today in development of these 2 planes.

A native P-39 and B-25 would really be nice . Hopefully someday . I saw a B-25 at an airshow 7 or 8 years ago and got a real good look (external only) . That and watching " 30 Seconds Over Tokyo " several times I'm hooked .

Rich

Blog Entries
    I volunteered for years at the Planes of fame in Chino. And had several chances to climb all over one of their B25's inside and out.
    An awesome plane no mater how old it is. You have to love them gull winged birds.
    Awesome video here. 3:40 is where the show really begins. Love that sound.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2n3JKammUA

Have you tried the RCS B25J new 64bit version for FSX and one for P3d from http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html

I do recall one guy going off his nut with a product, I tried to help on the VS forum and Dean simply pulled the plug, think he would be just taking a good long break from the mayhem and workings of running a payware company, I was more looking forward to the Greyhound , one that is a completely different aircraft , another couple years I'm sure VS will be back.

Blog Entries
    I hope so Ian. and i hope the B25 will be part of the comeback

...And the T-33A. If I had to guess (based on NO data or inside knowledge), I would find it hard to believe Deano is pulling the plug. Let's just hope it's (FINALLY) 1100 Hrs on 11-11-1918 in VS land, WW I has ended, and they can get rolling again with products that have a....uh...let's say...uh...much wider appeal. Perhaps Deano is revamping the site ("We're tanned, we're rested....It's the NEW VS!!!"). We'll see-- thinking positive thoughts for VS.

Kent

Blog Entries
    Same here Kent.

Well said, Kent. Exactly my sentiments.

I hope they'll be back.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Bomber 12th is working on a native P-39. Has a thread here in the FSX Forum.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ...And the T-33A. If I had to guess (based on NO data or inside knowledge), I would find it hard to believe Deano is pulling the plug. Let's just hope it's (FINALLY) 1100 Hrs on 11-11-1918 in VS land, WW I has ended, and they can get rolling again with products that have a....uh...let's say...uh...much wider appeal. Perhaps Deano is revamping the site ("We're tanned, we're rested....It's the NEW VS!!!"). We'll see-- thinking positive thoughts for VS.

Kent

Some of us actually enjoy the aircraft of the 'Great War in the Air'!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Some of us actually enjoy the aircraft of the 'Great War in the Air'!
    Well, glad to hear they were "floating someone's boat"!

Kent

I was really wanting that Greyhound but it eventually became clear it was never going to come. I have no interest whatsoever in 100 year old biplanes.

I hate to hear this as I really enjoyed their F9F, SBD, and originally the F6F. I was really looking forward to the B-25, F4F, C-2, and hoped the F9F Cougar would have appeared. Maybe those models will surface under a new name one day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Really hope they haven't just disappeared. I've really been looking forward to their B-25C for years now. Not only did we need an FSX native B-25, but the early variants always appealed more to me and are sadly not represented in anyway in this simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I do recall one guy going off his nut with a product, I tried to help on the VS forum and Dean simply pulled the plug, think he would be just taking a good long break from the mayhem and workings of running a payware company, I was more looking forward to the Greyhound , one that is a completely different aircraft , another couple years I'm sure VS will be back.
    They did have some nice models while they were active, but Deano could be a bit trying at times. The F9F was a prime example. It was released with a tail hook that worked, as Deano insisted, exactly as it did in real life. Problem was, in real life, after a trap, the tail hook was apparently reset by the deck crew. . .we don't have deck crews in Flight Sim, so the only way to reset the tail hook in the sim was to reload the airplane. Deano didn't see that as a problem. . .I did and so did many others, enough so that it was eventually fixed (about a year later). I hate seeing any of the good developers disappear from the ranks, but you also have to have an understanding of who and what you are developing for.

I Skyped with Deano last month about things and the T-33 and everything seemed to be going fine. But who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    but you also have to have an understanding of who and what you are developing for.
    You do get the thoughtful and you get the thoughtless, I'm pleased I stuck to doing freeware or least helping on the other side, I did like that Panther ! I got to watch 'Bridges of Toko-Ri' multi pull times

Just noticed another glitch to all this. If you relied on the store you bought their products from to retrieve your registration key when needed. You may be screwed. Since Vertigo is closed you can't get it there, and if you bought through PCSim Store you can't get it there either because they also folded.

So if you have their products and are in that boat with me. . .we're up the proverbial creek without a paddle. . .or a GPS. . .or a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Just noticed another glitch to all this. If you relied on the store you bought their products from to retrieve your registration key when needed. You may be screwed. Since Vertigo is closed you can't get it there, and if you bought through PCSim Store you can't get it there either because they also folded.

So if you have their products and are in that boat with me. . .we're up the proverbial creek without a paddle. . .or a GPS. . .or a cell phone.

Ditto on the missing product keys! To quote Jaws "we're going to need a bigger boat".

ALSO so much for being smart and buying directly from the developer or their favored vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Ditto on the missing product keys! To quote Jaws "we're going to need a bigger boat".

ALSO so much for being smart and buying directly from the developer or their favored vendor.
    Yep, the only recourse might be if I can find the installed version on a backup somewhere and the required gauges are in the panel folder, lol.

Boxed versions of most of Vertigo's aircraft are on sale for £1 each at Flight Store, https://www.flightstore.co.uk/playsims-publishing-m133 I don't know what they charge for international delivery though. Might be worth a look if you cant retrieve your original purchases any other way.
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

I was able to find a single backup, so all is not lost. Everything needed was in the folder, however it's the release version and not the one I need the key for (V_1.2), but I don't do Carrier Ops and that's what version 1.2 was for (the fix on the tail hook).

Members who have read this thread: 0