A2A T-6 Texan Released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A2A T-6 Texan Released!

anybody interested in an Italian version?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Looking SWEET Ian!!! I hope you are doing a few more NZ ones....?
    Have a few lined lined up

Looking Brilliant JK

Well, after plowing through the manual, I certainly got a bit wiser. Yeah, just a bit

I finally managed to keep the engine running after it started.

Have not figured out how to operate the flaps in increments, but have finally been able to get airborne without crashing straight into the water.

Wow, the sounds are amazing.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    not figured out how to operate the flaps in increments, but have finally been able to get airborne without crashing straight into the water.

Wow, the sounds are amazing.
    Manfred,

The flaps are typical hydraulic style for this era, in that you have three positions. Up, neutral (locked), and down. So if you want to drop the flaps a little, move the flap lever down for a few seconds, then neutral to lock.

However, for me personally when flying the real T-6, I never use incremental flaps. Once you slow to bring the gear down, you can then just drop flaps full down and bring her right in. Then all you are working with is the throttle to control your descent. You can bring it down very fast by just pulling back the throttle or flatten out the approach with power.

Scott
    A2A Simulations Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    A repaint of Kermit Weeks' Fantasy of Flight AT-6 has been uploaded.

Fantastic John, Possibly my favorite scheme.

What better way to celebrate the anniversary of the First Flight of the T-6 than to jump in the A2A Texan and celebrate! (April 1st, 1935)
    Thank You John for the FoF Kermit Weeks AT-6D!! One of my very Favorite Flying examples. An airframe that tells a story. A lot like "Double Vee," it is a flying History lesson for what it represents. Fingers crossed you'll consider doing the Luke and Factory Fresh skins like you did for the other model. This A2A Texan is just so fun and rewarding to fly!!

Manfred,

One thing I forgot to mention is, if you want to make a short field takeoff, then you will want to use some flaps, up to 20 degrees. Watch the flaps indicator on the lower left of the console to know where they are positioned.

For flaps, you can just use your F7 and F8 keys. So if you want to lower them, just hit the F8 a few times (to guarantee the lever is down), watch the indicator and hit F7 when you want them to stop.

Scott
    A2A Simulations Inc.

Thanks for the reply Scott,

Will definetely give your suggestions a try.

So far I am enjoying this bird immensely. And the sounds are just unbelievable.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

If you have flaps mapped to your joystick.. one button for down, the other for up.. hit the down button twice (once to unlock it, the other to start it moving) while keeping an eye on the flap indicator. When it reaches the desired position, hit the up button once to stop it
    Atb
    DaveB

flying Flying
    Last edited by Cirrus N210MS; April 2nd, 2016 at 12:47.
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

What is the difference between the FSX version of the A2A T-6, and the P3D academic version of the A2A T-6?

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    What is the difference between the FSX version of the A2A T-6, and the P3D academic version of the A2A T-6?
    The Prepar3D version has models that are compiled for P3D to take advantage of P3D specific features and some of the code adapts to each platform.

Scott.

A little weekend project WIP. More stuff still to add and still to improve.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

That is sure a beautiful scheme!! That one and N45CK are my very favorite SNJ's for the way they shine. I'm trying hard to remember the SNJ that was at Oshkosh a few years back that had the Tail-hook on it and was restored to an amazing level of detail?? I've searched my pictures and just can't find it. I was thinking Midwest Texans had done it but I may be wrong??

Jim, it depends on which one in particular you're thinking of. There have been two Oshkosh award-winning SNJ-5C restorations, with the full tailhook/tailwheel guard setup, in recent years - one is the overall yellow N518WW, which was restored by Midwest Texans, and the other is the overall glossy sea blue N5615C, which was restored by Chuck Wahl (one of the most authentic Texans flying today). Both have been Oshkosh regulars. I of course would love to do both of these schemes (and several dozen more...).

(Speaking of Chuck Wahl, his warbird restoration company, Vulture's Row Aviation, have been restoring an original Navy SBD-4 Dauntless, an original Navy SB2C-1A Helldiver, and an original Marine F4U-1 birdcage Corsair, all to airworthy and all sure to be award-winners. There are some rumors that the SBD, which is nearing completion, will be at Oshkosh this year.)
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Yes Sir... it was N5615C that I was thinking of but I now know that I had details about each of them mixed up in my head. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

SOH-CM-2018
    Uploaded my very first public repaint.

Last edited by RaFi; April 3rd, 2016 at 07:15. Reason: Problem with uploaded file

this is a really Nice T-6 from EAA one of my Videos

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

John: looks brilliant!
    Rafi: outstanding, especially for a first one!

Meanwhile, work in progress here in Belgium:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Very few cockpit shots available... only one of kind? WW2 era cockpit?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    John: looks brilliant!
    Rafi: outstanding, especially for a first one!

Meanwhile, work in progress here in Belgium:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Blog Entries
    Gentlemen...all of these paints are absolutely fan-tas-tic! Really looking forward to these.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by RaFi View Post
    Uploaded my very first public repaint.
    RaFi Top paint, exactly like New Zealand's Harvard syndicate flew the ex SAAF aircraft 7660, flew in this Feb 2009, one of the last fixed winged flights out of ex_RNZAF Wigram, brilliant paint.

Members who have read this thread: 0