Crow Island Airport

Thread: Crow Island Airport

Crow Island Airport

Crow Island Airport-8MA4, located about 20nm west of Boston. . .just south of Minuteman and Acton Airports and at least in P3D, left out of the sim.
    They have a nice website with video's of some of their activities and some nice "Go-Pro" Aerial video in Trikes. www.crowislandairpark.com

Will be uploaded later today. No winter or fall textures, no night map. There will be an FSX version and a P3D version.

Very nice Ed! Although I think the crash tender will have a difficult time to get away there....

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Very nice Ed! Although I think the crash tender will have a difficult time to get away there....
    Cheers,
    Huub
    lol, you could be right Huub. It appears that it's sole purpose is to pump water out of the pond for watering purposes. They have a large diameter hose in the water from the truck and what appears to be an irrigation system laid along the edge of the runway.

Nice work Ed!

I see a nice windsock there. I remember you were looking for one. Is it functioning and if so, is it available somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Nice work Ed!

I see a nice windsock there. I remember you were looking for one. Is it functioning and if so, is it available somewhere?
    Afraid it's just static Dimus. I found a dynamic sock on FSDeveloper but it was made for FS9 and I don't know how to use MCX to convert the animation. . .or if that's even possible.

Uploaded to the Out-house downloads area.

I see. Well, it is down to default then, at least for now.

Just a HU, I discovered some objects left out of both versions. I've asked Rami to hold releasing them until I resubmit in about an hour. Sorry for the delay.

New versions uploaded. I am also looking into a winter (hard winter) texture. As soon as I'm happy with it I'll post it for immediate download via my Box.net account.

Looks great. Stow MA is also the headquarters for the Collings Foundation too.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Thanks Ed as always highly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Huub

My pleasure Huub. I have just uploaded an update which incorporates a new "photo01" bgl that now contains a winter ground texture. . .I have also included an alternate Instant Scenery 3 placement bgl that removes the green grass and people in summer attire. That region, according to the Sim, has snow on the ground from December to March and the "8MA4_Objects_Wi" placement bgl removes those items not indicative of the Winter. The "Seasonal_bgl" folder contains the placement bgl that will add those grass and people objects back in once the snow melts. It's up to you to swap one for the other if you so desire.

Thank you. That looks really nice. It takes me back to my old favourite Leon Louis fields in FS9. I don't see a seasonal bgl, but maybe I downloaded before it was available. I'll try again later. One suggestion: how about a barbecue (with LL-style smoke) for the summer season?

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Thank you. That looks really nice. It takes me back to my old favorite Leon Louis fields in FS9. I don't see a seasonal bgl, but maybe I downloaded before it was available. I'll try again later. One suggestion: how about a barbecue (with LL-style smoke) for the summer season?

David
    Actually, that's not a bad idea David. I saw just that very thing in one of their Fly-In videos. Wish there were more "People" objects available, especially based on seasons. . .so many of the ones we can use are short sleeves, bathing suits and so on, lol.
    Last edited by falcon409; February 14th, 2016 at 11:37.

Actually, that's not a bad idea
    As you know, I have no talent of my own, so all I can do is ask for more from those like you who do! I was saving a suggestion of fireworks on summer evenings for later.

As you know, I have no talent of my own, so all I can do is ask for more from those like you who do! I was saving a suggestion of fireworks on summer evenings for later.
    lol, yea, let's hold onto that one for awhile, lol

A really neat airport, Ed ! The approach from the east is tricky if you are low and following the river !

Hi Ed:

I like what you have done so far with Crow Island, and it clearly will be another fine scenery to fly into from Bill Womack's Plum Island located in the vicinity at Newburyport Massachusetts; many thanks for sharing this little gem with us all !

GaryGB

PS: Info on Bill Womack's Plum Island (ICAO 2B2):

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-plum-island-for-fsx.phtml

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0409/FSAddon/PlumIsland.htm

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bill...HZaPDcoQsAQIQQ

Oh, and lets not forget Bill's recent "Herons Nest" aerodrome 80 Nautical Miles away as the < uhm > 'Heron' flies ...in the not-so-far-away state of Maine:

http://iblueyonder.com/your-own-private-island-free/

http://iblueyonder.com/the-herons-nest-is-ready/

http://iblueyonder.com/blog/

BTW
    : Another 50 Nautical Miles to the NE of Outer Heron Island is the location of Ed's very own Marshall Island scenery:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=113&id=17360

Looks like I'll be doing some more flying in New England soon !
    Last edited by GaryGB; February 19th, 2016 at 15:56.

Crow Island FSX update

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit hazy about quite what to do here. I've replaced the original Photo01.BGL with the new one, replaced the original 8MA4_Objects.bgl with the new one from the Seasonal folder in the update, and added the new 8MA4_Objects_Wi.bgl to the Scenery folder. The ground changes according to the season, but the chap on the control tower and the one waving by the farm building, who are the only ones I can see, don't change their appearance at all. Could you tell me what I've missed, pleased?

Thanks,

David

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit hazy about quite what to do here. I've replaced the original Photo01.BGL with the new one, replaced the original 8MA4_Objects.bgl with the new one from the Seasonal folder in the update, and added the new 8MA4_Objects_Wi.bgl to the Scenery folder. The ground changes according to the season, but the chap on the control tower and the one waving by the farm building, who are the only ones I can see, don't change their appearance at all. Could you tell me what I've missed, pleased?

Thanks,

David
    The people in the scenery (actually there are 4_there are also 2 on or near the golf cart) should be gone based on the Winter months of December thru March. That's what the alternate 8MA4_Objects_Wi.bgl does. They don't change appearance, they are not supposed to be there at all. You should only have one "Objects" folder in the main scenery folder at any given time....the other goes into the "seasonal" folder.

Ah, that's where I was going wrong. The ground changes automatically, but I have to use the appropriate 8MA4_Objects.bgl or 8MA4_Objects_Wi.bglmyself.

Thanks,

David

Members who have read this thread: 0