Crusoe and Crusoe 2 Campaign

Thread: Crusoe and Crusoe 2 Campaign

Crusoe and Crusoe 2 Campaign

I am trying to locate Crusoe and Crusoe 2 campaign for CFS2. I believe they were created by Mick & Stiaan.

Any help locating them would be appreciated. Thanks.

Icon27 Reply...

Lonewolfee1,

I had never heard of this and had to look it up. I'm afraid the websites have long since disappeared, so I hope that one of our long-time members can assist you in finding it.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Crusoe Found

Quote Originally Posted by Boatz View Post
    Here they are:
    Thank You Boatz! So glad you had them!

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I was wondering if someone could repost the files? The attachments are no where to be found

I just finished a runthrough of the Crusoe campaign, and have started the Crusoe 2 campaign... man, what a hoot, these missions are a blast!

SOH-CM-2023
    Why not upload to the library so that they are preserved ???

Lightbulb

That's a good idea, glh

BTW, for anyone interested:

Here is a ZIP that includes BOTH the "Crusoe" and "Crusoe 2" campaigns, with edited and renamed files so that NONE of your original CFS2 game files need to be overwritten.

The "Crusoe 2" campaign included files that consisted of player-flyable versions of the B5N2 Kate and the TBD-1 Devastator that needed to be overwritten in your game installation, as well as edited damage profile files for two of the game's original torpedos.

The files in this ZIP solves that... you don't need to overwrite or backup/restore any of your original game files to play the campaign

Lightbulb

Attached is the ZIP.

P.S. This also includes a small bug fix for the "CM_4.dyn" file: "waipoint_reached eq 5" *SHOULD* be "waipoint_reached eq 4" (as there is NO fifth waypoint in that mission, and reaching the last waypoint is crucial to actually winning the mission), and is fixed in this ZIP
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm really having a blast with Crusoe 2 These campaigns and missions are really unique, and an extremely novel concept. The author did a helluva job... sound effects, text and radio messages, recon photo, and all!

Although Crusoe is a walk in the park, you should run through that mini-campaign BEFORE playing Crusoe 2... as it set's the stage and storyline for Crusoe 2.

Heh, Microsoft should have paid him to include them with CFS2 as a fictional bonus campaign!

Hehe, SPOILER ALERT: McHale's Navy LOL!

Anyhow, HIGHLY recommended!

P.S. Should I upload the ZIP that I posted previously to the SOH Warbirds Library? Although it is modified from the original; like I posted previously, it includes a bug fix, and is complete with all of the needed files so that you aren't required to overwrite any of the game's stock files.

Smile

Just the final results of my runthroughs of the Crusoe and Crusoe 2 campaigns For the Crusoe 2 campaign I opted for the F4U-1A Corsair when I was given the option.

I'm going to play the campaigns again, and choose to keep my A6M2 Zero this time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rich_„Weeds„_Nagel_-_Crusoe_Campaign_-_Final_Results.png   Rich_„Weeds„_Nagel_-_Crusoe_2_Campaign_-_Final_Results.png  

Hi Rich,

Justed finished the Crusoe Campaign. Looking forward to no. 2.

Thanks for diging this up. It's well done and some fun also.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Smile

Crusoe 2 is really a work of art It includes custom sounds, a recon photo, and is a truly multi-branching campaign. Even if you don't win one of the missions, there are alternate ones after that they allow you to accomplish your goal (that still sticks with the storyline of the campaign).

MAJOR spoilers below:

Anyhow, LOADS of fun!

Many thanks for posting !!

hertzie

Lightbulb

If you want to try flying the "Crusoe 2" campaign with the four possible variations of the storyline, here are a few more spoilers:

Hi Rich,
    One thing I noted with your modified files is that the Vals, Kates, and B25 are all set to fighter (unit_family=1).
    If you don't want them to dogfight, the missions need to be hand edited to unit_family=2.
    MB will change them back to 1 when you save a mission that is why they must be hand edited.

Thanks again for digging this one up.

B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Rich,
    One thing I noted with your modified files is that the Vals, Kates, and B25 are all set to fighter (unit_family=1).
    If you don't want them to dogfight, the missions need to be hand edited to unit_family=2.
    MB will change them back to 1 when you save a mission that is why they must be hand edited.

Thanks again for digging this one up.

B24Guy
    I didn't edit them using the Mission Builder, only minor editing with Windows Notepad (i.e. all of the "unit_family" entries in all of the mission files are how they were from the original ZIPs).

Hi Rich,
    This campaign was most likely created before the discovery of this little bug.
    It changes the missions for sure.

Regards,
    B24Guy

That's what I was thinking as well. I figured I'd simply leave them as-is though, as the missions seem to function fairly well

Lightbulb

Here is a campaign that I cobbled together for the previously mentioned Crusoe and Crusoe 2 campaigns... this new campaign file "Crusoe 1 and 2 - Full Tour Of Duty Campaign" allows you to play BOTH the Crusoe 1 and Crusoe 2 campaigns as one single contiguous campaign
    Attached Files Attached Files

Members who have read this thread: 0