Milviz F-100D is out - Page 3
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D is out

...maybe its time to chat with the builder.

I believe that all the lights are controlled by that file. Since the file exists (mine was quarantined by my AV program) and you have exterior lights, you should have interior lighting as long as you have power. Not sure what else to look for. Sorry.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Icon22

... appreciate your effort , think I'II make an appointment with the MilViz service department.

Cheers once again !

I'm 99% sure that i know the fix to your problem with night lighting. I'm also 100% sure that as a MV team member i cant offer you support outside of the MV support forum. Rest assured I too had a "problem" with it and you'll be searching for a long time unless someone points the "fix" out to you.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Aircanuck & Rick,
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the night lighting issues. I didn't even notice until I tried a night flight this evening. My symptoms and circumstances mirror Canuck's exactly. I'll pop over to the F-100 Support Forum and keep an eye out for the fix.

The odd thing is, when in external view, I can see the night VC lighting - but when viewing from the VC itself, it's as black as night.

Still love this plane, though. I can't get over how smoothly it runs.
    -Mark

The Danish Air Force used paint that weathered almost as fast as it was applied. I lifted this color of a hi-res pic I had, but I have the feeling it is a bit too light. Being colorblind doesn't help either. Would anyone have the RGB codes for the original paint that was used by the RDAF?

And I continued with the French sharkmouth:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    The Danish Air Force used paint that weathered almost as fast as it was applied. I lifted this color of a hi-res pic I had, but I have the feeling it is a bit too light. Being colorblind doesn't help either. Would anyone have the RGB codes for the original paint that was used by the RDAF?
    Jankees, according to amarc.dk , the early matt green colour is FS 34079 (R 66 G 63 B 44 / hex #423f2c ), it was introduced in 1968. When it started to weather, it became more grey-ish. In the late 70'ies they started to use a gloss green variant: FS 14079 (R 81 G 82 B 64 / hex #515240).
    If I look at your screenshots, your paints look quite right to me. Others have mentioned this before: It would be nice if MV could do an export model without refuel probe and with the surplus F-102 engine exhaust...

Can I add my name to the growing list of folk in the dark (literally) re' internal lighting

ATB
    DaveB

Joining Jankees with a Danish invasion...... WIP

Hank

It looks good to me Jankees
    That paint scheme certainly went through some dramatic changes through aging.
    The USAF would have those birds in the paint barn every three days just to keep the higher ups from having a stroke.

See, Hank's version is darker!
    But nevermind, you seem to like the color, so here you go: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...r-force-g-177/

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

and you can try the French one as well: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...orce-411-jura/

I hope you'll like them, and if you do, do post a screenshot please?

you're right Jankees, within FSX it does turns out way too dark.... but not in P3D (I've to seperate those two )

Another WIP.... F-100D-75-NA 56-3163 "Day Tripper" , 308th TFS / 31st TFW, Tuy Hoa AB, RVN ,1968

Cheers,
    Hank

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Jankees or Hank: would you perhaps consider a skin of the 32nd TFS based at Soesterberg Air base? This link gives many photos of several examples:
    https://www.google.nl/search?q=32+TF...AQIIg&dpr=1.85
    Those bare aluminium aircraft can be a lot shinier than the camouflaged ones. Realistic or not, I like the shine of some of the skins in the Milviz package.

Thanks,

Stickshaker

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    See, Hank's version is darker!
    But nevermind, you seem to like the color, so here you go: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...r-force-g-177/

Hej Jankees

Thanks a lot for the Danish F-100 versions. They came in quite a lot different flavours of green and brown.

And you are quite right. It fell off as soon as they could apply it

Here is a site where you can see the different coulours : https://www.flickr.com/photos/alfblu...57623186814480

They also came in some nice silver/grey paint variations.

Soeren

How is everyone doing on the manual bombing?
    Low angle seems easy,
    20 degrees seems to suit me.
    30 degree is still a work in progress for me.
    The hardest part is estimating the correct roll in point for me at least

For what it is worth I cast a vote against many more chrome planes
    Silver yes, camo yes, chrome no!

None of the metal planes have been "Chromed". However if you would like to see what an actual "Chromed-out" plane would look like...I'd be happy to provide the comparison. Not the same as reflective aluminum. I'll be doing that FW-221 Danish ...or attempting to at some point here in the near future.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I'm 99% sure that i know the fix to your problem with night lighting. I'm also 100% sure that as a MV team member i cant offer you support outside of the MV support forum. Rest assured I too had a "problem" with it and you'll be searching for a long time unless someone points the "fix" out to you.
    Rick, since the website and forums are down at the moment, you may as well go ahead and try to help with the lighting problem here...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Hi,

The main reasons the night lighting (VC only) doesn't work are as follows:

1) you did not download and install the product with your AV off and totally disabled.

2) your AV, once enabled again, has removed the files so you must then exclude those files (recommended to exclude the whole sim directory).

3) If you're running P3D, disable the Estonia tool as this is a known conflict with our night lighting system.

4) you're not running the sim as an administrator (right click on the icon and choose run as admin).

5) you have not disabled UAC (google if your friend)

6) you are trying to use ctrl L to turn them on. (this will not work. You MUST follow proper procedure(s) to get the lights on.

This information also goes for the Simworks F-4B as it uses our tech for the night lighting (as we use some of theirs for our upcoming F-4 Tacpack(s).

We hope to have our site and the forums live by tonight.

Thank you.

Kat.

My issue was the Estonia migration tool. One additional reason beyomd what Kat mentioned isnthat you may have failed to install the required MS C++ redistributable libraries. All the mentioned reasons are covered in the user guide for resolution. Outside of this, should probably need to wait for the support forums to assist you. Unless Kat says otherwise.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

.... "and let there be light" the almighty said !!

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

The main reasons the night lighting (VC only) doesn't work are as follows:

1) you did not download and install the product with your AV off and totally disabled.

2) your AV, once enabled again, is removed the files so you must then exclude those files (recommended to exclude the whole sim directory).

3) If you're running P3D, disable the Estonia tool as this is a known conflict with our night lighting system.

4) you're not running the sim as an administrator (right click on the icon and choose run as admin).

6) you are trying to use ctrl L to turn them on. (this will not work. You MUST follow proper procedure(s) to get the lights on.

This information also goes for the Simworks F-4B as it uses our tech for the night lighting (as we use some of theirs for our upcoming F-4 Tacpack(s).

We hope to have our site and the forums live by tonight.

Thank you.

Kat.

Picked #4 and got a winner .... !!

Cheers Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Please tell me this is a troubleshooting step for some people with unusual configurations and not a requirement to get full day/night functionality.

I was about to purchase this, but not if I have to compromise the security of my system to use it.

UAC is annoying, but it serves a very useful purpose in making sure low-level apps aren't installed without your knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Picked #4 and got a winner .... !!

Cheers Kat
    That was the only possible place for me to look too and sure enough, I have internal lights. However.. I now get the undesirable 'Are you sure you want to run this program' warning box when I double-click the FSX icon. Not sure which is more annoying.. having no internal lighting or having to 'accept' FSX when I run it
    ATB
    DaveB

5 G.C. III/6 Masque de tragédie

Toul-Rosières 1967/1976

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

very nice! Where can I find this?

just a question in general: shouldn't those red stripes on the rear of the fuselage continue underneath the aircraft?

Members who have read this thread: 3