Quick Combat Time Of Day

Thread: Quick Combat Time Of Day

Quick Combat Time Of Day

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the Times associated with the time of day selections in quick combat? I'm doing some beta testing that requires checking things at specific times, and it would be nice to be able to shift the defaults around a bit. The defaults don't seem to be fixed across all of my different installs, so I'm guessing that there is a parameter being set somewhere, but I have yet to find where it's hiding.

Setting________ETO__________PTO
    Dawn_________4:10__________3:30
    Morning_______6:10__________5:30
    Afternoon_____12:30_________12:31 (night)
    Dusk_________19:40_________23:30
    Night_________23:30_(night)__23:30

I understand that everything is shifted from Zulu time by 12 hours in PTO, but I really want to know how the specific values are assigned in Quick Combat as the mission file is generated on the fly by the game from the user selections.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Never seen a value. Does it vary by season selection?

They were both set for Summer.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Majormagee, does the time in the frontend.xml have any influence? If not, I would start to fossick through files in the Terrains folder.

IIRC the time in the frontend.xml in the Missions folder in PTO is different from that in stock. I just can't recall the detail of the conversations back then about what influences the time and how to stop morning in PTO being pitch black....

That was a good guess, but it had no effect. I might have though it to be hard coded if not for the differences between my various installs.

At one point I thought that perhaps it was hard coded, but is determined as a function of location offsets from Zulu time. The problem with that assumption is that the time shifts are not uniform from ETO to PTO at each given time of day.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Not sure I understand what you mean by this?

I was talking about the differences between Theaters for each time of day. If the game was calculating the Zulu time based on the location's Longitude the offsets would be uniform for each time of day. That made me hopeful that when the South Pacific and Korean Theater versions were created they found a way to set a parameter that controlled how the game was interpreting the time of day versus Zulu time.

Setting________ETO__________PTO__________Differenc e
    Dawn_________4:10__________3:30_________-40_min
    Morning_______6:10__________5:30_________-40_min
    Afternoon_____12:30_________12:31 (night)__+1_min
    Dusk_________19:40_________23:30________+230_min
    Night_________23:30_(night)__23:30________0_min

I did notice in Korea that when it appears to be night the sun direction used by AnKor's shaders is casting shadows on the aircraft from almost directly below. It makes it look as if you're flying over the bright lights of a large city all the time. That indicates that part of the world is operating in Zulu time (AnKor's shaders) and part has been offset (Night Sky when set to Afternoon) by approximately 12 hours.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

It appears that it was assumed to be hard coded in the past.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ighlight=Korea

I'm still not sure why it behaves the way it does in terms of the time offsets varying.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0