As you the know, stock games offers 6 colors to choose from
    white
    black
    red
    green
    blue
    yellow

for the paint on nose, fuse,wing and tail

Can someone tell me the method of adding more colors to the available colors list?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ps.png  

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Edit customcolors.xml
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Edit customcolors.xml
    Doesn't do a single thing..

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Quote Originally Posted by starbage1 View Post
    Doesn't do a single thing..
    I think that that file only calls for the colour swatches in the UI. The colour swatches themselves can be found in this (stock) folder: Combat Flight Simulator 3\uires\ and then in the folders of the three stock countries, "gbr", "ger" and "usa". You could try adding another colour swatch (using the same file size/format etc. as the ones already present), also adding it to the file the Major mentioned and see what happens. If it doesn't do anything, you should at least be able to change the existing ones...

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Dug a little deeper (seemed a relatively simple question... ):

It seems the colour textures I pointed to in my earlier answer relate to the UI colour swatches. The customcolours.xml probably refers the names/captions of the colours dropdown list in the UI.
    I tried to add one (Hobbit purple) but it didn't show in the UI. It could be that I didn't use the right format for the colour texture .bmp or there simply is a max. number of six colours. However, I also found six RGB colour entries in the country.xml! When I changed one to purple (eg. RGB 200,0,255) I did get purple markings on my aircraft! Of course, in the UI the colour's name still said 'yellow' and the texture example next to it still showed a yellow rectangle but it goes to show that you can at least alter the colours themselves. And as each country has it's own colour entries in that file, you can customize your markings by country...

Now if only there's a way to change the UI text & swatch accordingly, you have a partial answer to your question. (BTW, renaming the entries in both the files and the name of the texture to "purple" .bmp didn't work - CFS3 refused to start, so there's probably another entry somewhere).

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Thanks for your findings.. They really made this a headache to edit huh

Members who have read this thread: 0