B17f patch availaiblr.

Thread: B17f patch availaiblr.

B17f patch availaiblr.

Hi all, a new Patch V.4 for the AH B17F is now available. Just download and install the package. For new buyers, of course the package is V.4
    The update contains new code for the fuel-tanks/starter systems which will help those having problems with engines 1 and 4 on a manual start.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I am waiting for a notification from the site where I purchased the great B17 AH offered to the Flight Sim Community.

If I understand your post correctly, we need to download the full package and install it over the existing one, is that correct?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Correct Manfred.

Hmm.. I'm sure the JF site says to uninstall the original first then install v1.4. This is what I've done though I've not had a chance to check the results yet.

ATB
    DaveB

That is always the safest way to do it yes. But as the affected files are updated, it can be overwritten. We do not have the same security process that is built in to JF productions. The major thing to remember is always back up any files you have changed or added yourself, in particular, Aircraft config entries for any extra liveries and paints.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. I'm sure the JF site says to uninstall the original first then install v1.4. This is what I've done though I've not had a chance to check the results yet.

ATB
    DaveB
    DaveB,
    I uninstalled and reinstalled.....
    The patch does fix the fuel problem on engines 1 & 4..
    Works great!

Thanks Bazzar, I now can enjoy my B-17...

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

You are welcome. Finding the right balance between following the book and ease of operation is never easy. Sometimes you just have to compromise.This should make things easier for all.

Was there ever a fix for the missing props in multiplayer? (I haven't kept up with the updates, my bad)
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Cheers Bazzar and Rick

I checked the install this morning (after I'd uninstalled v1.3 then installed v1.4) and all appears okey dokey. I'd forgotten about Joe's 'what if' Navy paints but I still have the originals so no problem I've only looked at the 'Factory Fresh AH-A paint thus far but straight away, it appeared to draw instantly when going to outside view.. something which didn't happen in v1.3 (the first half drew followed by the second half). Still a little lag when going back inside but nothing vaguely painful so again, no prob.

The major snag I have now isn't to do with the B17 at all but JF's bandwidth since they went 'solo'. It took over an hour to download v1.4 last night which for 265mb, is diabolical. I've noticed similarly small files take eon's to come down too. There's a new SP to the Canberra which is another full download. SP3 was 442mb so I dread to think how long SP4 will take. If you're looking in JF.. lovin' the B17 but your bandwidth needs some serious attention

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Hey BAZZ your B-17 got a great write up in PC Pilot Magazine! CONGRATS
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Well PCAviator.com has updated their version to 1.4, so I am downloading as I type this.

Looking forward to enjoying the updated version.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 1