Converting Aircraft from other MS flight sims to CFS2

Thread: Converting Aircraft from other MS flight sims to CFS2

Converting Aircraft from other MS flight sims to CFS2

What's the best converter out there for going from other MS flight sims to CFS2?

The only converter is MDLC but you must have XP Vista or older as MDLC need a OS that supports 16 bit. If on Win7 + have a emulator/vertical box and have the emulator/vertical box run MDLC.

The lack of 16bit support on Win7 + is why many of us builder haven't upgrated to past XP/Vista or keep an XP/Vista around for just building aircraft/objects.

MDLC will convert FS2002 and FS2004 back to CFS2. Most aircraft from FS98 and CFS1 work just fine. Going from FSX to CFS2 I don't know of any straight converter. It may be best to go up and ask the FS2002/FS2004 fourm how to convert FSX to FS2002/FS2004. Once you know how that can be done use MDLC to take the now FS2004 model to CFS2.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Steven,

Allen has pretty much covered it, But he is so smart he tends to talk above my level,

Take a look at the two tutorials here, about the middle of the page:

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Tutorials.htm

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

If you have XP or Vista using mk_mdlc_v2 is the best way. mk_mdlc is a windows interface that dose all of the command line for MDLC.exe for you.

Otherwise you will have to use MDLC.exe with a emulator/vertical box and do all the converting by command line. I never had messed with a emulator or vertical box but know others have use emulator/vertical box for 16bit programs like MDLC.exe

I started looking into DosBox with MDLC.exe and so far things look good. You have to use command line what sucks but things are not as bad as I feared they could be. I still have to check all of the animations after using /t and figure out out the collision bubble command /z.

Members who have read this thread: 0