FSTramp Users Rejoice!

Thread: FSTramp Users Rejoice!

FSTramp Users Rejoice!

Version 6.0 is available on their website and the long awaited Flight Plan option is here.
    http://www.fstramp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Version 6.0 is available on their website and the long awaited Flight Plan option is here.
    http://www.fstramp.com/
    Been looking fwd to trying that;-)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Been looking fwd to trying that;-)
    Just a HU. . .In FSNav you would drag n' Drop to set up a flight plan. Now you right click on the airport and select "to flight plan" to add it to the flight plan. You can also add airports out of sequence and drag them to the correct positions if need be. Same with waypoints.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Unfortunately it comes with a big trap.

His pricing is way too expensive. $AU51 for 1 year to $AU176 for 4 years. Not my kettle of fish so I am sticking with V5.6 until Helge comes to his senses and drops the charge to a one off fee. I will happily pay $AU51 if it was for a lifetime licence for FSTramp.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Seems to me it does what Plan-G does for free...

Jorge

Well... Would personally say that
    The big advantage is that it runs inside P3D, adding a very slight resources consumption, than using Plan-G alongside P3D, and it displays quicker than Plan-G (at least on my medium-power PC setup). But for flight planning, forget (unless I missed something) placing a waypoint at the intersection of two navaids radials or bearings.

The major unconvenience for me is the pricing. When I am possibly ready to dig into my purse for each major new version, I am not sure being able to consider a time-limited licence as being within my budget, at the prices reported at least.
    I have been using FSNavigator for a long time, and when upgrading to FSX, then later P3D (2.5, 3.0, 3.1), I have been using the couple Plan-G for flightplanning, but FSTramp as moving map, as well as for various simulator navigation settings which are accessible via FSTramp.

I purchased FSTramp up to v5.6 as, so to say, financial support to the developper, and expecting the flight planning ability to come back inside the software. So far I bought a v6 licence, but only for 1 year, to try, test and check the software, which I still consider as a must have, but not as an absolute priority seen from the budgetary point of view.
    I still have both FSTramp 5.6, and the related lifetime licence, and might return to the couple Plan-G + FSTramp 5.6 when v6 licence expires, and prices schedules still the same than now.

Blue skies
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    It appears that Helge has read the feedback on this forum. I just installed V6.1 (released today) and entered the original code I got when I first registered FSTramp and it appears to have worked. I will know after 20 uses if it actually does.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

P3D v3.1 here, FSTramp V6.1 downloaded and installed (I did purchase a v6 licence).
    There is at my side a new issue that I did not notice with previous versions...
    With P3D internal flight planner, with Plan-G, or with FSTramp, you can generate flightplans from airport to airport up to final destination.
    As far as I can remember, such flightplans worked fine into FSTramp up to version 6.0, understand when switching the autopilot mode, FSTramp did manage the flight as planned, and as soon as you were overflying an airport, switched automatically to the next airport. (a very nice feature, when you fly low and slow to visit various smaller airports without navaids, for instance...).
    With version 6.1, and assuming my rig is set-up the right way, this does not work anymore...
    Once the flightplan is loaded into FSTramp, generated by FSTramp or by Plan-G, and the autopilot activated after take-off, the software brings me near to the first airport "en route", and at a short distance from that airport, the autopilot is de-activated, thus flightplan no more working.
    Furthermore, FSTramp computes eoc/bod waypoints between each pair of airports.
    The only workaround I could find to make my way from airport to airport was to create waypoints near to each airport I want to overfly, and here the autopilot will switch from one created waypoint to the next one up to final destination.
    Reading (afterwards, I confess) the help file, I come to the conclusion that FSTramp can fly automatically a flightplan with Touch & Goes at several airports (you can select runways amongst others), but that if you just want to use various airports as landmarks on your itinerary, you must enter in the flightplan only a departure airport, waypoints (user created, or navaids) on your selected way, and a destination airport - but no airport between departure and destination ones.

Do not know how you generate your flightplans, but I happen to think that selecting the destination airport with a specific option, for instance "terminate flightplan at...", and leaving the ability to select airports as waypoints only, would certainly better fit my own preferences...

Blue skies
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Members who have read this thread: 0