HU: Mig-21 PFM Export

Thread: HU: Mig-21 PFM Export

HU: Mig-21 PFM Export

There is a new Mig-21 uploaded to Avsim.ru. It is an excellent model of the export version, with a very high-qualtiy VC and just as good exterior model.

To be found here: http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-air...sps-58105.html

Best,
    Sascha

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Sascha! Love that old Soviet metal.

Thanks Sascha --

One can never have too many of these, especially a MiG-21. So many variants, so little hangar space... aaahh, but this too can be fixed.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Pepek (Josef Cepek) has made a few fine MiG variants.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ighlight=pepek

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi All,

I installed this last night and took it out for a spin. It appears to have very little up vector elevator authority. Is this normal for the Mig-21? I was in full reheat and and at full deflection I was getting very little climb (somewhere in the 2000-4000 FPM, i think) where as an F-5 can get more then 25K FPM, at least initially. Do I have the aircraft misconfigured?

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Hi All,

I installed this last night and took it out for a spin. It appears to have very little up vector elevator authority. Is this normal for the Mig-21? I was in full reheat and and at full deflection I was getting very little climb (somewhere in the 2000-4000 FPM, i think) where as an F-5 can get more then 25K FPM, at least initially. Do I have the aircraft misconfigured?

Sean
    I think the flight dynamics needs to be reworked a little... I 'm working on this jet these days...

And the engine effects too...

I get normal climb. The aircraft seems very nimble. Dynamics are a bit different from Ivan Juraga's MiG 21 though.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Josef Cepek's MiG-21 models are absolutely stunning in the spot view. FDE seems accurate as far as fuel consumption in relation to throttle settings but I'm no MiG expert. Had a bit of a time figuring out how to get the engine lit but once all the warning lights were off I was in business.

I changed the afterburner effect and got rid of the 4 little blue "tabs" poking through the rear fuselage but that was it.

Go lightly on the throttle if you have a long way to go... she does drink the gas if you light up that big can at the end....

BB686

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    I get normal climb. The aircraft seems very nimble. Dynamics are a bit different from Ivan Juraga's MiG 21 though.

Cheers,
    Sascha
    And take off speed 268 knots, is it normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Josef Cepek's MiG-21 models are absolutely stunning in the spot view. FDE seems accurate as far as fuel consumption in relation to throttle settings but I'm no MiG expert. Had a bit of a time figuring out how to get the engine lit but once all the warning lights were off I was in business.

I changed the afterburner effect and got rid of the 4 little blue "tabs" poking through the rear fuselage but that was it.

Go lightly on the throttle if you have a long way to go... she does drink the gas if you light up that big can at the end....

BB686
    I think maneuverability is too small ...

Not enough amplitude with elevator...

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOBO View Post
    I think maneuverability is too small ...

Not enough amplitude with elevator...
    Agreed. I'm working on a few tweaks and maybe some modded power settings. I have to do a bit more research tho.

BB686

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Agreed. I'm working on a few tweaks and maybe some modded power settings. I have to do a bit more research tho.

BB686

Good. Me too.... Needs to be adjusted here and there... But nice Aircraft... The VC is very good...

Members who have read this thread: 0