Default DC-3 Fuel Tank Conversion

Thread: Default DC-3 Fuel Tank Conversion

Members +
    nearest airport = KBDL; home airport = KNEW

Default DC-3 Fuel Tank Conversion

I'm new to FSX, and have been looking for a four fuel tank conversion for the default DC-3, similar to the one I use in FS9. Is there such a thing; and if so, where would I find it? Thanks kindly for any help or advice.

Since the FSX and FS2004 DC-3 aircraft cfg files are basically identical and the 4 tank modification does not alter the virtual cockpit, I think the FS2004 mod should work just fine in FSX. No harm in trying, just back up the original FSX files before applying this mod.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by philmoberg View Post
    I'm new to FSX, and have been looking for a four fuel tank conversion for the default DC-3, similar to the one I use in FS9. Is there such a thing; and if so, where would I find it? Thanks kindly for any help or advice.
    Manfred Jahn's C47 comes with 4 tanks and is rather better than default (though some like the older VC)...

Cheers
    Keith

Members +
    nearest airport = KBDL; home airport = KNEW
    Thanks kindly for your help. Manfred Jan's new VC is a gem, but I had something more retro in mind for a few of the versions I like flying. I got the FS 2004 conversion working as far as it goes. Since it doesn't affect the VC, and I'm starting to get used to flying that way, I think I might see whether there is a way to patch the 2d throttle quadrant display, which does convert, into something I can use in the VC. I love a good challenge!

My only gripe with Manfred's C-47 version 2 is that it uses the Basler BT-67 virtual cockpit and is far too modern for a DC-3/C-47. Still waiting for the Vintage Virtual Cockpit version to be completed.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0