ETO 1.5 install as per 1.4 sees no file removal process run

Thread: ETO 1.5 install as per 1.4 sees no file removal process run

ETO 1.5 install as per 1.4 sees no file removal process run

Hi,
    I have started over and spent the entire evenin yet again installing CFS3 then ETO 1 then 1.2 then 1.4 then 1.4 hotfix, ensuring I run era 1 then spawn#1 just before each update, having errored on that first time. Being hyper careful as before.
    There is no video to follow after 1.4, so I am following the written instructions literally , knowing how the prior installs had to go, which assists in understanding the instructions about the address to aim it at, as my address being win7 64bit is not shown, they just say 'if your instal folder is at a different location' and all is well, its the same process anyway for each install running exe then browsing to the x86 address.

1.4 when unzipped has something new, an obsolete file removal exe which we were told to run first, one right click run as admin and points it to the Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\ CFS3 ETO Expansion folder , following the videos on installing to win7 64bit (my OS) and it removes unwanted files.
    then we ran the 1.4 exe. again aimed at that alternative win7_64 folder.

1.5 says :-
    1. Extract, install into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder, and Run the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat. This will remove obsolete files and folders from your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder.

NOTE: PLEASE FOLLOW ANY AND ALL INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME WITH THE CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat.

NOTE: Do NOT run the CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.50 Obsolete File Remover.bat AFTER installation of CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update Rev 1.50.exe. You will remove necessary files if you do.

So following the instructions
    1. Extract,
    Not believing we unzip the contents into the win7_64bit address, which would be totally different to updates up to now, I unzip the zip file to my download folder it sits in as done with all the updates up to now, but this time there is no file remover.exe file to run as there was in 1.4. I know about exe. one right clicks and chooses run as admin (as I am admin login), exe files run ! I need to then do the next part of the sentence ...

install into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder

I right click and run the exe file and point the process to the Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\ CFS3 ETO Expansion folder.
    No doubt it will do the bat file thing as its not an exe for me to run.
    It runs and then finishes, no option appears for user to remove files and indicate that address for such removal.

I have a horrible gut feeling that its ignored the bat file, as I never got to tell it where the ETO folder was for win7 64bit.

Dont tell me I have made it as far as 1.5 and its gone wrong .

BOBC

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    BOBC,

"CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover

PLEASE NOTE: You MUST run this CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat BEFORE you install the CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_Rev_1.50.exe

PLEASE NOTE: Running the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat AFTER you have run the CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_Rev_1.50.exe will cause damage to your install.

Find and extract (unzip) the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.zip.

Go into the new CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover folder and copy the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat directly into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder.

If using Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1, you will then need to right-click on the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat and set Compatibility under Properties to XP (Service Pack 3).

Now right-click on the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat and select Run as administrator.

After you have run the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat, go back into the CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder and delete the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat.
    "

This means you extract the File Remover from the *.zip file, place it into your CFS3 ETO expansion main game folder, and then run it from there. You should no problems succeeding.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Hi,
    Damn, I didnt see those instructions,
    I right clicked on the download zip and went extract here, and got further zip files and a word doc 01 IMPORTANT-READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLATION OF CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.50.rtf
    that said:-

1. Extract, install into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder, and Run the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat. This will remove obsolete files and folders from your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder.

and thats what I did. Installed the exe to my ETO folder. Nothing said to unzip the new zip files that have then appeared and to then read the instructions that also then appear.

In the instructions that then appear for the removal zip, it states what you have just quoted.

I wish the instructions had said :-
    Extract the downloaded file CFS3_ETO_Exp_Cumulative_Update_Rev_1.50_Install_Pa ck.zip,
    Now unzip the file that appears CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.zip
    Read the file 11 CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.rtf that appears in the folder this creates before doing anything else. This will have you placing the remover.bat file into your CFS3 ETO expansion folder then running it from there as it doesn't have a windows browser interface for user install to their ETO folder as was in update 1.4.

the instructions
    Extract, install into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder, and Run the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat.

just didnt lead me to those extra steps . I did extract, on the downloaded zip and then install to the expansion folder, and expected the install to run the bat file.

needs a video or those suggested instructions , then its idiot proof. I wish Tailwind had managed to do vids for hotfix and 1.5

MY PREDICAMENT IS I HAVE THUS MESSED UP THE INSTALL OF 1.5. as mentioned as I have run the 1.5 exe file. So keen to avoid doing so as well.

Note I havent run the sim, just incase doing so denies any fix.

I guess I will have to uninstall CFS3 and ETO yet again. then follow my suggested instructions above.

Is there any alternative or is this the best way? What if I ran the bat file now having placed it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion folder ?
    follow instructions then remove it as per same.
    then run the 1.5 upgrade exe would that save me starting all over again ?

BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly50 View Post
    BOBC,

"CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover

PLEASE NOTE: You MUST run this CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat BEFORE you install the CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_Rev_1.50.exe

PLEASE NOTE: Running the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat AFTER you have run the CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_Rev_1.50.exe will cause damage to your install.

Find and extract (unzip) the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.zip.

Go into the new CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover folder and copy the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat directly into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder.

If using Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1, you will then need to right-click on the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat and set Compatibility under Properties to XP (Service Pack 3).

Now right-click on the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat and select Run as administrator.

After you have run the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat, go back into the CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder and delete the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat.
    "

This means you extract the File Remover from the *.zip file, place it into your CFS3 ETO expansion main game folder, and then run it from there. You should no problems succeeding.

Members who have read this thread: 0