E-2C
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-2C

E-2C

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you knew of a good E-2C Hawkeye for FSX? The only one I found was the old Abacus one.

There are none currently of FSX vintage. One is in development but that's all I "know" about it.

Besides the Abacus version there is one from FS2004 by Pierre Marchadier of GMAX Academy.
    There are repaints for it that make it a nice looking model. Do a search in the usual places.

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    Hi all. I was wondering if any of you knew of a good E-2C Hawkeye for FSX? The only one I found was the old Abacus one.
    I think Dino Cattaneo is doing a E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound?

Well.... an E2/C2 package is indeed on my to-do list, but I have not done anything yet. I think we need them in FSX/P3D.
    Priority for me at the moment is the Eurofighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Well.... an E2/C2 package is indeed on my to-do list, but I have not done anything yet. I think we need them in FSX/P3D.
    Priority for me at the moment is the Eurofighter.
    oh... E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound work for FSX SP2 freeware or payware ????

Tjsdn

Vertigo was working on a C-2A but I have not heard much about that for some time. I recall seeing an E-2C/D on the back burner from Razbam some time ago but nothing ever seemed to come of that. I also had an incomplete FS9 version (no VC) from Iris many moons ago right after their FS9 F-14A was released. Nothing more seemed to come of that one either.

Dino, if you do an E-2, please do an E-2C with the original 4 blade prop. The late E-2C/D prop upgrade may be higher performance but the look and sound of the original was simply awesome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do believe there is an E-2C in development.

We'll see after the Eurofighter... Currently I am developing the Eurofighter (payware) as well as an upgrade for the payware F-35.
    Then I have three projects:

- F-14D "raise the bar" project... I am seriously evaluating a payware upgrade to this plane, much like I did for the F-35. Payware would allow for a new, better visual model.

- Aermacchi MB.339 as extension of the MB.326 project (freeware)

- Grumman E-2/C-2 package - this is likely to be payware for several reasons. At the moment I have only reviewed the available material (docs, models, pictures and walkaround)...and looks good.

Again, we'll see... if I'll do that, it is unlikely that I'll start working on this until april/march. On the good side, cockpit avionics are trivial if compared to the F-35 and EF-2000...

Thanks for all the responses guys. And Dino, if you do an E-2C I will be first in line to purchase it, as I'm sure it will be just as amazing as all of your other creations!

We'll see after the Eurofighter... Currently I am developing the Eurofighter (payware) as well as an upgrade for the payware F-35.
    Then I have three projects:

- F-14D "raise the bar" project... I am seriously evaluating a payware upgrade to this plane, much like I did for the F-35. Payware would allow for a new, better visual model.

- Aermacchi MB.339 as extension of the MB.326 project (freeware)

- Grumman E-2/C-2 package - this is likely to be payware for several reasons. At the moment I have only reviewed the available material (docs, models, pictures and walkaround)...and looks good.

Again, we'll see... if I'll do that, it is unlikely that I'll start working on this until april/march. On the good side, cockpit avionics are trivial if compared to the F-35 and EF-2000...
    Dino, will gladly buy the E-2 (and Eurofighter) when the time comes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would certainly purchase the E-2 and C-2 without any hesitation.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

What Russ said. Definite E-2/C-2 purchase here too.

Thanks for your support... I will re-evaluate my priority when the Eurofighter modeling will be complete.
    Maybe other E-2/C-2 projects will pop-up from other designers... but good Greyhounds and Hawkeyes are really missing from our virtual decks.

Ditto, I love your work. I would definitely buy your E-2/C-2!

I thought I saw FSX version of freeware E-2C Hawkeye plane on flightsim?????????

Anyway, nobody paints Israeli air force livery for that plane

Regardsm

Aharon

[QUOTEI thought I saw FSX version of freeware E-2C Hawkeye plane on flightsim?????????][/QUOTE]

I think you may have seen one of two old FS9 port-over's, one by the RFN and an even older model by Rick Salsa, neither have VC's although the RFN version has a nice external model, but its about time there was a Hawkeye, freeware or payware, for FSX

cheers ian

Edit, i was thinking of the Pierre Marchadier model, not RFN, sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Vertigo was working on a C-2A but I have not heard much about that for some time.
    Yeah, that thing will never see the light of day. They can't keep it together more than a couple months at a time.

Dino, here are some good video links regarding the E-2C, both with the original props and the later NP2000 props. Also of note, the first video (from 1974) shows the stowed and extended (raised) state of the rotodome as well as the extension actuation (check the 2 minute mark of the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJHI6q_br2M

JASDF E-2C with the original props
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny2QNKEC28M

Aéronavale Navy E-2C Hawkeye with the newer NP2000 Props
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KN-8g6jfbg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well... hold your horses!

At the moment it is just on my to-do list... I will first finish the Typhoon and then I will see.

Sorry, not pushing, it's well understood regarding the priority of your projects. First things first and when/if the times comes, only then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Sorry, not pushing, it's well understood regarding the priority of your projects. First things first and when/if the times comes, only then.
    +1

Dino, keep cranking em cuz I'm gonna buy em all! Admittedly, not a big E-2/C-2 fan, but love carrier aviation and the effort and energy you put into all you produce. Looking forward to your Typhoon and I'll keep wishing the S-3 comes out, Tac Pack enabled....to join the rest of the virtual naval fleet.

Thanks for all you do for FSX.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

...I was just joking!

But I see there is a lot of interest on this potential project, which is good...and the feedback will surely influence my decision.

As for the S-3 (by the way...USN just retired them :-( ), I still need to find some time for the much needed upgrade to my current rendition...which, however, is already Tacpack compatible. In case you have missed it:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.de/201...0-release.html

Ian, thanks for confirming I am correct. I do look forward to anyone painting Israeli air force livery on E-2C in future. Israeli air force operated E-2C planes but I am totally baffled why Israel retired those planes??????

Regards,

Aharon

...I was just joking!

But I see there is a lot of interest on this potential project, which is good...and the feedback will surely influence my decision.

As for the S-3 (by the way...USN just retired them :-( ), I still need to find some time for the much needed upgrade to my current rendition...which, however, is already Tacpack compatible. In case you have missed it:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.de/201...0-release.html
    Hi, Dino Cattaneo S-3 Viking in FSX SP2 Update???

Quote Originally Posted by tjsdn1375 View Post
    Hi, Dino Cattaneo S-3 Viking in FSX SP2 Update???

Have you READ any of the above comments by Dino? If you did, you would have your answer......

Members who have read this thread: 0