Piglet's OV-10 Bronco starting problem

Thread: Piglet's OV-10 Bronco starting problem

Piglet's OV-10 Bronco starting problem

I'm enjoying working through Piglet's models but the Bronco won't work for me. Are there any engine start instructions anywhere? The aircraft loads with the engines running whereupon they slow right down and stop. All suggestions gratefully received!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Tom, my only suggestion would be to start the flight with a default twin with all switches set and then switch to the Bronco. If it continues to run, save it again with the Bronco and it should be fine from that point on.

As I recall, both Tim's Bronco and the Mohawk had the ctrl-shift-f4 FSX bug. Basically you have to have mixture (even though there is no mixture on these planes) set to full rich to get them to run.

It's been a while since I flew them for what it's worth.

Not really a bug, the mixture becomes the condition lever in a turbo and must be pushed to full. It has been a while since I last flew them but I think they may reduce power at half condition also.

Dave

Thanks all for the suggestions, but none worked. It turns out I had to comment out the default flight from fsx.cfg and FSX defaulted to Friday Harbour, microlight etc. Loading the Bronco and changing airfield etc gave me a running, starting (if necessary) Bronco after that. Things had been so bad the default King Air 350 and PC-7 weren't behaving either when I tried them.

Funny enough, the OV-1 never gave any problem and it has twin turboprops too...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Thanks all for the suggestions, but none worked. It turns out I had to comment out the default flight from fsx.cfg and FSX defaulted to Friday Harbour, microlight etc. Loading the Bronco and changing airfield etc gave me a running, starting (if necessary) Bronco after that. Things had been so bad the default King Air 350 and PC-7 weren't behaving either when I tried them.

Funny enough, the OV-1 never gave any problem and it has twin turboprops too...
    Glad you got it running Tom. Only problem I have with either of those two is trying to get the OV-1 to stop creeping while in idle and then to slow down on landing, lol.

I found the same until prop pitch was brought down. The OV-1 does a great reverse thrust, but don't stall the Bronco on final...
    Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0