Stuttering fix

Thread: Stuttering fix

Stuttering fix

Hi all,

I have been having these stutters with FSX Gold, both in DX9 and DX10 mode..It usually occurs on the ground, during taxi and take off`s...I have tried a number of bufferpool and Rejectthreshold settings, also tried different settings within FSX (weather, display etc), but the stutters occur anyway, here`s info on my PC setup:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Intel Core i5 3570 at 3,4ghz
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 2gb

I am using the DX10 document from this site to set up everything (on DX10 mode of course)

I hope someone is able to assist me in curing the stuttering!

Thanks in advance

SOH-CM-2023
    Any particular aircraft? If not you might need to reduce some of your settings.
    Keith

The one setting that brings my old rig down to its knees and causes mucho stuttering is Light Bloom. Might want to uncheck that just to see if it has any effect on your setup.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Any particular aircraft? If not you might need to reduce some of your settings.
    Keith
    I am flying the Wilcopub Embraer 170..I`ll try to lower some settings, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    The one setting that brings my old rig down to its knees and causes mucho stuttering is Light Bloom. Might want to uncheck that just to see if it has any effect on your setup.

Tommy
    Don`t have lightbloom checked, thanks for helping though!

Is it only on this particular aircraft or all the time?

ATB
    DaveB

Stuttering, especially when on the ground, is a sign that your computer cannot keep up with the graphical demands placed upon it. Light bloom, shadows, moving jetways, LOD radius and autogen are the usual suspects, but a highly detailed add-on airport can also bring a computer to its knees.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Maybe this is a dumb question... Do you have an active antivirus solution running on your FS PC? If so, have you perhaps set up an exclude of your FSX directory? It could be an antivirus thread scanning files being loaded from the directory by FSX (within the realms of on-demand scanning). This has been known in the past to cause microstuttering to varying degrees.

Good luck with tracking down and exterminating the culprit!

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

I find that running this tool (available at AVSIM) does sometimes smooth things out.

The filename is dxtfixerx_v2.2.zip

Dave

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Is it only on this particular aircraft or all the time?

ATB
    DaveB
    Mostly with this plane, i`ll test with other planes too! Thanks for helping

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Stuttering, especially when on the ground, is a sign that your computer cannot keep up with the graphical demands placed upon it. Light bloom, shadows, moving jetways, LOD radius and autogen are the usual suspects, but a highly detailed add-on airport can also bring a computer to its knees.
    I have the sliders at medium, maybe something to experiment with, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question... Do you have an active antivirus solution running on your FS PC? If so, have you perhaps set up an exclude of your FSX directory? It could be an antivirus thread scanning files being loaded from the directory by FSX (within the realms of on-demand scanning). This has been known in the past to cause microstuttering to varying degrees.

Good luck with tracking down and exterminating the culprit!

I have Avast antivirus running, can always try to temporarily shut it down completely, thanks for the suggestion!

A
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I find that running this tool (available at AVSIM) does sometimes smooth things out.

The filename is dxtfixerx_v2.2.zip

Dave
    Gona try that one out also, thanks everybody!

in your FSX main folder - go into the 'Effects' folder and scroll down to the fx_skidmark_fx item and either delete or rename it

Deleting this effect has resulted in much smoother FPS on the ground at most airports *especially busy AI airports*
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0