Cessna 404 or f406...

Thread: Cessna 404 or f406...

Cessna 404 or f406...

Here's another one of those threads.... This time its the Alabeo Cessna 404 or the Carenado f406 I'm trying to decide between. Is there any clear advantage one has over the other? And what about features? I know the 406 is just a 404 with turbines instead of pistons.... so is it a tossup?

Also, which has more realistic handling?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    I know the 406 is just a 404 with turbines instead of pistons.... so is it a tossup?
    That makes it two very different birds in my opinion. So, the choice is very easy. Do you want turbines or pistons?

Two very different aircraft with remarkably similar capabilities. I think it really boils down to engine preferences. Do you prefer piston engines or turbine engines? I do understand that the Alabeo C404 has issues with engine temperature (temperatures always too low) and the advertised integration of the RealityXP GNS430 does not seem to work. The Carenado F406 seems to have very few flaws.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have both, and I'd recommend Carenado's F406. It's well refined, no obvious bugs (I think there are still a few if you really dig for them, but nothing overt in my opinion), you can integrate either the RXP530 in it or the F1 GTN750, and the F406 also has the Aspen PFD suite.

Does the Carenado Aspen PFD do anything besides display basic 6 instruments? I am a sucker for glass cockpits.....

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    Does the Carenado Aspen PFD do anything besides display basic 6 instruments? I am a sucker for glass cockpits.....
    Wind speed/direction, true airspeed, ground speed, nearby waypoints (airports and/or beacons) on a black/white map. That's in addition to being an all-in-one attitude, airspeed, and altitude indicator, as well as an HSI.

The real deal can have a color map but that capability doesn't seem to be present here.

I'm still waiting for the day when we get Garmin's synthetic vision....

Members who have read this thread: 0