Please Read All...

Thread: Please Read All...

Exclamation Please Read All...

For us "old tymers", politics in the aftermath of 9/11 contributed heavily to the downslide of Netwings.....

Let's not let history repeat itself here

I guess I am one of the "old timers". I don't even remember anything about Netwings (which isn't that surprising, as I can't remember much from last week!)

But politics aside, with so many terrorist attacks happening worldwide, it seems to me that the major military powers had better band together to offensively fight back, or I fear the results will be much worse than the Paris attacks.

Negotiating with terrorists won't work. Religious ideology is driving their attacks. Anyone who does not share their beliefs is threatened. NC

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I guess I am one of the "old timers". I don't even remember anything about Netwings (which isn't that surprising, as I can't remember much from last week!)

But politics aside,
    Yes, politics aside....

Now then, "Netwings" was a international flight sim site that was arguably larger than this place. Many similarities with developers being active contributors. After the events of 9/11 & subsequent political dialogues, it arguably destroyed itself from within & thus no longer exists...

WOW, Who Knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Yes, politics aside....
    Now then, "Netwings" was a international flight sim site that was arguably larger than this place. Many similarities with developers being active contributors. After the events of 9/11 & subsequent political dialogues, it arguably destroyed itself from within & thus no longer exists...
    I guess it was a well kept secret as to why and how Netwings went down.

I was under the impression it was from a hack attack from outside of Netwings, which they never recovered from.

Semper Fidelis and Vive Liberte
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    I guess it was a well kept secret as to why and how Netwings went down.
    I was under the impression it was from a hack attack from outside of Netwings, which they never recovered from.

Semper Fidelis and Vive Liberte
    Yes there was the hack attack...but by the time that had happen, the site was arguably on the downfall...This site (SOH) was relatively small at the time - but then disgruntled Netwinger's began to migrate over.

Thanks Ed, I appreciate your post.

This is a Flight-sim site and we prefer to refrain from politics. The fact of the Paris atrocities is of course a highly legitimate subject to post here, so we can all sympathise with the survivors and families. However speculation about political strengths and weaknesses of responses do not belong here as differing views will always result in ill feeling between members which will damage niche sites like ours.

This is why Oso's is on a separate site to the SOH.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    .... speculation about political strengths and weaknesses of responses do not belong here as differing views will always result in ill feeling between members which will damage niche sites like ours.
    Agreed. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Ed, I appreciate your post.

This is a Flight-sim site and we prefer to refrain from politics. The fact of the Paris atrocities is of course a highly legitimate subject to post here, so we can all sympathise with the survivors and families. However speculation about political strengths and weaknesses of responses do not belong here as differing views will always result in ill feeling between members which will damage niche sites like ours.

Oso's?? Where is it? and What is it?

As to ill feeling between members....I will have to munch on that a while.
    I bear no ill feelings toward anyone who disagrees with me on a multitude of subjects. To do so, to me would be narcissistic.
    Can we not treat each other with respect and discuss subjects as mature adults who agree to disagree at times?

Peace
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Oso's?? Where is it? and What is it?

As to ill feeling between members....I will have to munch on that a while.
    I bear no ill feelings toward anyone who disagrees with me on a multitude of subjects. To do so, to me would be narcissistic.
    Can we not treat each other with respect and discuss subjects as mature adults who agree to disagree at times?

Peace
    See bottom of the Forums Page, or:

http://quartermoonsaloon.com/forum/f...Oso-s-Outhouse
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Yes, politics aside....

I'm glad you brought this to center stage Panther. I remember that time.

On the topic of "opinions", they are as varied as...hmm, what's the population of the world? Well, about that many.

Speaking for myself, I enjoy having a place like SOH to come to as an escape. Good people, good friends.
    It's better then what one could find in the use of drugs or alcohol.

I do not ignore the events of the world but lord help me if that news is plastered everywhere I turn. I would most assuredly lose my mind.

Thanks, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks Milton!

I found it and sent a request to register.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I am Grateful for SOH and the "Sim" family I have been Blessed to be a small part of.
    And for ALL the Admins who go the dirty work so Hobbits and play and enjoy fellowship with many.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Re-posted from CFS2 Forum

I don't want re-open a thread that was justly locked by our Huub Vink because it was taking a polemic turn.

I agree with Huub Vink this is not the place to bring up some subjects.

By the same token, I am not connected to SOH during weekends because the rural area where I live is not served by wide band DSL connections and house modems do not work anymore in Italy. I can only connect during my work hours free time.

All I want to do, is join all of those who expressed their heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims of this infamous massacre.

Paris has a special place in my feelings because it was the first place where my hon took me 8 years ago for my mental convalescence, after my divorce ordeal. Since then, we returned several times and had a wonderful time there.

We were shocked last January after the Charlie Hebdo attack. Nevertheless, this summer she and I decided to stop in Paris for a couple of days to end our summer vacation. We lodged at Citadines Les Halles Hotel. Our room overlooked the theatre of one of Friday night's shootings, the Châtelet-Les Halles square, a place where we walked through a number of times, full of pepole of all nations, bars, shops, thriving with life.
    One of hundreds of cosmopolitan spots in cosmopolitan Paris, where, just like in N.Y.C., London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Vienna and more one truly feels citizen of the world.

I cannot find the right words to express my feelings, on Saturday she and I remained glued to the various newscasts all day long with tears in our eyes.

I feel different today. I feel angry as hell.

Je suis Paris!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Charter Member 2016
    Thanks Milton!

I found it and sent a request to register.

Lee
    I'm glad you did find it. When you get in, you may note that "Oso's" is only one of various themed forums in the Quarter Moon Saloon. I hope you like it there.
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Members who have read this thread: 0