A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad... - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...

Nice when they're easier....won't take long...

Edit...
    It's finished...but the spec's not quite right yet.

Last edited by Jafo; March 27th, 2016 at 06:04.

It's done...

Edit .....next one on the go...

Last edited by Jafo; March 27th, 2016 at 20:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Painted the 'Institut Fliegen' logo by hand....
    Here's the brass/gold flaring....and I think I'm about done.... even the spec for the 'red' will flare orange [a bit] ....and there's a bit more to do on the alphas for both main and spec.

Stunningly beautiful Thanks

Roland

Glad you like it, Roland....though I think the stripes have creases or tears in them...so I need to revise a bit before upload.

Meanwhile the UAE one looks complete...

Edit....now it's done....

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    BTW, if you're interested in the A-29B, here's a good article on the program and its cancellation... Bad headline, but the rest is accurate.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/low-and-slow
    All except the B-52 crew mistakenly dropping bombs on Capt Amerine's team ODA-574, it was a USAF JTAC that had been assigned to his team who was using a plugger (GPS) and forgot that when you reboot a plugger it resets to your own position. He changed the battery before the incident since it had a low battery indication. Then called in the airstrike giving that B-52 crew the coordinates off the plugger. It was the JTACs lack of attention to detail that got those men killed, not the aircrew.

I did a rework of Tim's included Alaskan State Forestry PC-7.... in HD.

Finally got my ducks in a row..... and have just uploaded this one here...

Pilatus PC-7 (3H-FC) cn:414 Aviation and Air Defense School (Flieger- und Fliegerabwehrtruppenschule, FlFlATS), Austrian Air Force (Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte), Hinterstoisser AB, Zeltweg, Austria - special colour scheme celebrating 30 years AirPower 2013.

Started on the next one. Managed to get the tail done OK...so the rest is just routine...

Edit ....getting close...

Last edited by Jafo; March 30th, 2016 at 21:24.

Finished this one...and it's been uploaded here now...

Pilatus PC-7 cn:615 (N60LT) - second to last built. Privately Owned. "20 Years OCU (1987-2007)", is based EBZW - Genk-Zwartberg, Belgium 2014:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution.

Last edited by Jafo; March 31st, 2016 at 06:46.

Going to redo the Austrian 'viper' [20 years] ....I think I'd ended up with the snake head too small... hadn't corrected enough for perspective.

Once done it'll be the next to upload ...

Here it is with a 20% taller head....looks about right now...

....also tried a different spec...

This one's just uploaded here....

Pilatus PC-7 cn:445 3H-FG of the Flight School of the Austrian Air Force in "Viper" livery Zeltweg AB - 2010:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution.

Jafo - you did a fantastic job with Tim's old Girl

Thanks for your work and for sharing with us

Kindly regards

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Jafo - you did a fantastic job with Tim's old Girl

Thanks for your work and for sharing with us

Kindly regards

Dirk
    Glad you're liking them, Dirk.

Here's the next one...early days....seems PC-7s like to have teeth...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-new-1.jpg   PC-7-new-2.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; April 3rd, 2016 at 18:13.

Gotta find some definitive colours for this one ....something I can 'trust' ....

Maybe a bit closer....

Not a lot of photos around for it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-Mexico-3.jpg  

Chasing the teeth on this Mexican bird was.....entertaining. Found out more new quirks on the underside.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-Mexico-4.jpg  

I've been 'compiling' and rationalizing my paintkit to be small enough to upload/distribute. The problem with 4096 res kits is they can get kinda big.

Currently, as a PSP file [what I use] it's 52 meg ... and as a PSD it's 69 meg. And that's 'only' 14 layers.

When I originally set it up it was done in a way to easily edit and revise...so it had considerably more....namely 62 layers. PSP6 sees that as 2902.6 meg when loaded - or near enough to the limit of what a 32 bit proggy can manage [even LMA aware]. Actual file size is 135.2 meg.

Needless to say, the same issue applies to the Super Tucano kit.

I think some of the 'bloat' is to do with history relating to undo/redo ... but I can't see a way of scrubbing off past edits hiding somewhere within metadata ...

I reckon this one's done.
    Shall upload a few more over the weekend...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-Mexico-final.jpg  

The Mexican one's [above] uploaded here now.

Pilatus PC-7 cn:511 (568[?)] - Fuerza Aerea Mexicana, 2010:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution. Textures only, requires Piglet's FSX native model - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=2261 ......by Paul [JAFO] Martin.

....and the latest upload [second tonight] .... Botswana ADF.

Pilatus PC-7 cn:555 (OD5) Botswana Defense Force No.7 Squadron, 1997 [Crashed near Kanye, Botswana 1997]:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution. Textures only, requires Piglet's FSX native model - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=2261 ......by Paul [JAFO] Martin.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-botswana-Final.jpg   PC-7-botswana-Final2.jpg  

Thanks Jafo

Next one just uploaded.

Pilatus PC-7 cn:482 3H-FK of the Flight School of the Austrian Air Force, Zeltweg AB - 2010:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution. Textures only, requires Piglet's FSX native model - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=2261 ......by Paul [JAFO] Martin.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-Austria Final.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2