Nicky Hayden in World Superbikes in 2016

Thread: Nicky Hayden in World Superbikes in 2016

Icon17 Nicky Hayden in World Superbikes in 2016

After 13 years in the MotoGP™ World Championship, the Kentucky Kid prepares for a new adventure.
    On the eve of the Motul Grand Prix of Japan, Nicky Hayden announced that he would be leaving the MotoGP™ World Championship and racing for the Ten Kate Honda team in World Superbikes in 2016. The American joined the premier class in 2003 and scored two podiums in his debut season, his first coming at Motegi.

Multiple years of success with the Repsol Honda team followed, his 2006 World Championship a highlight alongside twice taking victory at Laguna Seca in front of his home fans. After several years with Ducati, Hayden returned to the Honda family with the Aspar MotoGP Team in the Open class.
    For 2016 Hayden will be teammates to Michael van der Mark, riding the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP as the America battles to becomes the first rider to win both the MotoGP™ and World Superbike titles.
    Nicky Hayden: “Well this will be my last year in MotoGP as I’ll be moving to World Superbike next year with Honda and the Ten Kate team. That’s about all there is to it, not a lot more and nothing too dramatic! These last two years have been not so good and I wasn’t in a position to get the result to keep a high level bike in MotoGP. I’ve always thought SBK might be something I want to try, I liked the racing there, the opportunity felt like a good fit.”
    “I’m getting a bit older but I still enjoy the sport and the game. It’ll be a fresh challenge and a new opportunity to go there and have some more fun. Of course I’ll miss MotoGP and I’ve had a great opportunity here and been part of some great teams and worked with some great people but nothing lasts forever and we gotta keep moving, go to SBK with Honda and hopefully have some fun.

Always liked Nicky H, great ambassador for MotoGP and the US.
    Should go well in WSBK, be great if he were to get a ride at the IOM........highly unlikely but!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Well....at least he won one...

Agree, but that means zero US presence in MotoGP for 16.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0