Milviz F4 yes or no? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milviz F4 yes or no?

Hi,

The F-4E is finished and released. The next update will be some minor and mostly invisible fixes and updates.

After that, for the E, it will be Tacpack.

We expect and hope to be releasing the F-4J/S in a short while. Short is defined, for us, as when it's ready.

Thank you.

Kat.

A request - I am potential customer for the F-4J/S. You can, as has been done before, ship the model with a RW accurate AP that has limited but realistic functions, BUT you can also code it so at the option of the user they can also add a full function AP too. That way depending on what you want to do a particular day, you can do either. There are so many things I am doing when breaking in a new plane, e.g. adding other gauges and various tweaks - or other PC things not FS related, that there are times I often really need to have full AP to maintain the flight plan (vs. hitting "pause"), just to be able to take my hand off the stick and use the keyboard, mouse, get a beverage, etc.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Of course Katoun defends his product, I would do the same if I worked at milviz. I have a few other pay and good freeware mili jets which should be much more agile like the milviz F4. But the F4 is twice as agile like for example the JF Euro Fighter or the Aerosoft F14, F16 or even Dinos F14 and F35.

Sorry this cannot be real. Since 3 days I am waiting for logged free into the Milviz support forum but I do not get any answer.

Is it then possible to program another AP into the F4, so that I can have VS mode? I added default GPS, and the radio autopilot fsx panel. I exchanged the whole autopilot section in the aircraft.cfg but the plane does not care. It keeps its standard AP. The only thing that worked was a small change in the flight tuning.
    Any ideas?

PS: I really do not want to say the F4 is a totally bad product. The VC is great and the model is one of the best I have ever seen for my fsx.
    Regards

Martin

Picks jaw off floor. You're flying with a gamepad, hacking around the config and reckon it's not realistic. I don't have the Phantom but I'll bet it doesn't just use the standard FSX systems. Milviz and other top-end developers use lots of custom code to produce the flight model so just poking here and there is not going to do what you expect.

If I poke around in my modern car's engine bay I needn't expect performance improvements like in the old days. Modern FSX add-ons are similarly complex.

And get a joystick, perhaps?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

The F-4E is finished and released. The next update will be some minor and mostly invisible fixes and updates.

We expect and hope to be releasing the F-4J/S in a short while. Short is defined, for us, as when it's ready.

Thank you.

Kat.
    That's the version I'll buy......

Great planes Milviz!

Cees

Yes it is just my pad and I have to buy a stick. I think everything is said, this topic can be closed or what ever
    Regards

Martin

Definitely Yes...

The sooner the better... but no pressure.

Info & Download
    My Military Flight Videos :

Without getting into details...if you edit the aircraft cfg or any other configuration or command files you will completely break your F4 install. MV runs custom gauges and background processes for systems functions. Depending on what you edit you might get lucky and not break something but chances are good that you will royally Bork your aircraft function.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I guess you're talking about the CS Weapons. The AI is totally independant from Milviz F-4.
    My Military Flight Videos :

Members who have read this thread: 0