P3D and devellopers

Thread: P3D and devellopers

P3D and devellopers

From the Milviz facebook page:

"To all users of P3D Version 3:We will not be supporting V3 until such time as any hotfixes are out. At least 2 months. What does this mean for you? That most of our products will not function properly (if at all) in the new sim.
    Thanks for your attention."

And after that:
    "Military Visualizations I am pretty sure that we will not lose many users. The problem is that we have to do more than 5 products each and every time there's a new revision and those changes require up to a week EACH product. That's the problem in a nutshell. If we have to do it each and every time there's a new version that is ALL we would be doing."

And one more:
    Military Visualizations The BE55 will work as will the C310. All of our older stuff will... it's only the newer stuff that won't...

It must be annoying to deal with all these updates of P3D + 2 versions of FSX..
    I find it interesting and a bit surprising that their old stuff will work on P3Dv3 while the new stuff wont.

The "older stuff" uses mostly default sim parameters, tokens, and variables so they quite naturally work without drama in P3Dv3.x now.

The "newer stuff" on the other hand uses a lot of custom programming and will require careful refactoring of code to work properly.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members who have read this thread: 0