How many repaints??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many repaints??

How many repaints??

I found an old harddisk which contained my old FS9 repaints, including my very first, so I put the whole lot together (or at least all I could find), and I came to a staggering 1419 repaints! That kinda surprised me, I had no idea I had done so many. The oldest one:

was done in March 2007. I think I still had to discover what you can with a bit of an alpha channel....
    Going through the list brought back some good memories, so I thought I'd show you a few of my favorites.
    Clearly the P-51 was my favorite aircraft, because in all, I found 450 paints, for all the A2A versions and warbirdsim combined..

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

but I did more than just P-51's.. staying with fighters:

mainly American, like the P-38:

or the P-47

and Spitfires:

and even the odd German:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

and bombers, like the B-17:

of the B-25:

and transports like the C-47:

or the C-117:

even some airliners:

or GA:

seaplanes:

jets (though not too many):

and other fast aircraft:

Any for Shockwave/A2A BF-109?
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

and many, many more

How about you guys?
    You still use any of my paints?
    If you do, which are your favorites, and why?
    I would love to know...

Great work! I had a very similar paint for the FS9 Carenado Bonanza and it was an old favorite of mine. Which Bonanza is that? And is it for FSX? My old one wouldn't port over very well and needs a replacement.

It seems like I learn something with every paint that I do. Now if I could just get my head around layers, alphas I think I've got somewhat of a handle on.....

Audergehm? Not sure where that's at. I lived in De Haan for a couple of years.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Thank you Jan Kees!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-3-3_23-25-7-176.jpg  

Jan Kees there are too many to have a favourite Sometimes one of your repaints has sold me an aircraft!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    How about you guys?
    You still use any of my paints?
    If you do, which are your favorites, and why?
    I would love to know...
    Jan-Kees, I have so many of your wonderful paints (both civilian and military schemes) it's simply impossible to choose a favorite. That's almost like having to pick your favorite kid. Overall I think I prefer the military schemes more, even though I don't quite share your enthusiasm for the P-51. What impresses me most however is your ability to do them so accurately despite being (partially?) colorblind. Hats off!!!
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Have to agree 110%! Can hardly wait to see what he has coming Next!

While I haven't downloaded anywhere close to your total of 1400+, I'm happy to say that I've found room in my hangar for many, many of your paints. Now building an extension for more. Many thanks for all your hard (and great) work!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I just want to say thank you for the amazing repaints you have created. I have more than I can count in my hangar. In fact, when I download or purchase a new plane the first thing I do is see if you have a repaint for it. Thank you so much for all the great repaints

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    Any for Shockwave/A2A BF-109?
    none whatsoever, I left all of those for Huub Vink...

and Auderghem is in the south of Brussels, moving to Hoeilaart in a few months...

and yes, colorblind. Thank god for the colorpicker and rgb codes (though once I posted pics of an aircraft with one brown and one green wing...)

1419..... An amazing number! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    and Auderghem is in the south of Brussels, moving to Hoeilaart in a few months...

That's really on the edge of Flanders! you nearly need to speak French there!

Cheers,
    Huub

I too realize that a vast majority of the Warbirds in my collection are much valued Jankees repaints. I Love the diversity of interests. Enjoy the incredible level of detail, especially on the nice shiny restored looking airplanes. So many of the repaints are the very best look for a given model! For instance the Minute Man F-86 for the Milviz Sabre.
    SCAT III for the Milviz Lightning. The USAAF Staggerwings for the Alabeo models. The C-195's from Alabeo. Whiskey 7 and the Frontier Airlines DC-3 for the Manfred "Doug."
    So many Mustangs... So Many Jugs... So Many B-17's that took the A2A models to another level. The Mosquito repaints, the MAAM B-25's and now the Shupe F7F Tigercats.
    Just beginning to scratch the surface on the superb AH Lockheed 10! A huge debt of gratitude is owed for these because they most certainly keep us enjoying our SimFlying!

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

That's really on the edge of Flanders! you nearly need to speak French there!

Cheers,
    Huub
    haha, nearly...but not quite

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Which Bonanza is that? And is it for FSX?
    the Carenado V35B, and yes, for FSX

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    Can hardly wait to see what he has coming Next!
    this:

Tribute

JanKees

Your work is astonishing. There are few people among which you are who keep really alive the FSX community.
    Hat's off

Quote Originally Posted by mercure View Post
    JanKees

Your work is astonishing. There are few people among which you are who keep really alive the FSX community.
    Hat's off
    Agree 110%.
    I only keep a couple of variations of any aircraft in my virtual hanger and your work tops the list.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Love your repaints Jan

on the topic is that B-52 repaint available somewhere?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    The B-52 is one of my favorites. I believe I snagged it off the CS website.

mostly into jets and the ones you have done are superb. There are not enough words to thank you for all your contibutions to our hobby, but thank you.

Bob

At this point I'm surprised no one has asked ? What do you do with all the empty spray paint cans ? You Sir are a Master Craftsman I wish you good luck and hope we see 1400 or so more, paint as long as you enjoy it, and in doing so, you pass on that joy to those of us that are less talented. Thank You.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by mercure View Post
    JanKees

Hat's off
    I can only agree 100% - 'cos I'm pedantic!!! But your work on making aircraft look used and worn is amazing; I tend not to do that, mainly because I'm nothing like as good as you at it

Congrats and best wishes for many more to come.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 1