Reviving the Super Saber

Thread: Reviving the Super Saber

Reviving the Super Saber

After completing Bill's latest Hoplist in the South Caribbean, I ended up at Punta Cana Airport and decided to take a "fastmover" back stateside (Eglin AFB). I haven't flown this bird in many moons but it's my all-time favorite as it was the first fighter I ever worked on after Tech School. So here are some shots of the F-100 Super Saber on the 1200nm trip back to Eglin AFB, Fla. On display is one of the excellent liveries by Dave Quincy.

Lovely clean shots Ed Great subject matter too

ATB
    DaveB

It's an old FS2004 portover, well passed its sell-by date really but, until the Milviz creation sees daylight, the only Hun out there and a nice bird to fly (unlike the real thing!). There are two or three camo and NM paints available and she looks good for her age... Thanks for opening this thread Ed.

Pilot's a bit rubbish though....

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Nice to see this again! It has been more than 5 years since Ed and I made the port over package, amazing to see the SOH library download has 3078 hits...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    It's an old FS2004 portover, well passed its sell-by date really but, until the Milviz creation sees daylight, the only Hun out there and a nice bird to fly (unlike the real thing!). There are two or three camo and NM paints available and she looks good for her age... Thanks for opening this thread Ed.

Pilot's a bit rubbish though....

DaveQ
    Yep, decided to get the Hun out of mothballs and giver a wash and then "air dry", lol. I have to agree about the pilot, probably the poorest part of the model. You did some great liveries though, the only ones I fly.

Nice Super Sabre.

Best regards Dag

Blog Entries
    sweet screens ED.
    For a port over its a great plane.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

In 1969 one of our RF-8 photo pilots was flying a road recce in Laos. He had his panoramic camera on to get full coverage of the twisting road and a flight of three F-100's passed underneath him and right through the camera's field of view, got 'em all in one frame. Used to have a print of it but sadly it has gone the way of many of my souvenirs from 40+ years ago.

I was with the 181st TFG at Terre Haute, IN (Indiana Air Natl. Guard) for a brief period in 1979. When I initially joined them they still had Huns. Around the time I left, I think they were transitioning to Phantoms. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0