Wildcat VI Pacific
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wildcat VI Pacific

Wildcat VI Pacific

Hi All,
    Here's the first draft. Still needs lots of TLC. Hopefully, will have a finished product up soon.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildcat VI.jpg   Wildcat VI a.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Hi All,
    Ok, second draft. Added the stripes and fixed some panel lines. All it needs now are numbers and letters. Working on it.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildcat VI b.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

looking good. Loving the panel detailing

Thanks Unc,
    Coming from you, it's a true compliment. I've got a little more work to do. Hopefully, between working nights and sleeping during the day, I'll finish it up in the next couple of days.
    Thanks again,
    Bob

Thanks Ian,
    I really appreciate it. As I said to Unc...... I'll get a copy off to you for "approval" when its finished.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Hi All,
    Just about done. I still have the damage textures to do and add a dp with British weapons and the blue droptanks. I'll send it off to my British friend for final approval.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildcat VI c.jpg  

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Yeah!

Nice job, Bub! Another "must-have"....

Cheers!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Hi All,
    Thanks Kelti, appreciate it.

Ok, it's all done. After approval from across the pond, I'll get it uploaded.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildcat VI 2.jpg   Wildcat VI 1.jpg  

I like it!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thank you, Sir. I may have one more FM-2 in me, no promises.
    Bob

Looks great; looking forward to it.

msfossey

Uploaded

Hi All,
    Just uploaded the final version.
    These textures are a representation of a Wildcat VI, B-1C/JV884 of 882 Squadron,
    HMS Searcher, East Indies Fleet, 1945. They are for Allen's FM-2 Wildcat which can be
    found here at Sim-Outhouse.
    I've included a set of Blue droptanks and British Bombs. Also, a modified cfg file and
    two dp files modified for the bombs and carriers. Make sure you read the ReadMe.
    As you can see, it works fine.
    Thanks and have fun,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ki-43 kill.jpg  

FAA Wildcat VI JV884.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Hi All,

These textures are a representation of a Wildcat VI, B-1C/JV884 of 882 Squadron, HMS Searcher, East Indies Fleet, 1945. They are for Allen's FM-2 Wildcat which can be found here at Sim-Outhouse.

I've included a set of Blue droptanks and British Bombs. Also, a modified cfg file and two dp files modified for the bombs and carriers. Please make sure to read the ReadMe. Thanks to all who helped in this project.

Have fun,

Bob

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FAA Wildcat VI JV884.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Gorgeous!

Thanks Bub; and everyone else who was involved with this.

msfossey

Icon14 Reply...

Bub,

You did an outstanding job on this skin, well done!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Nicely done!

This one is awsome ! Thank you !

Hi Allen and Bub!

Thank you, Bub for yet another nice livery! I am in the process of making a custom prop disc for this bird, just to follow your recommendation in your readme....

Allen:

Would it be possible replacing the stock CFS2 ghastly prop blades with the nice ones you fitted in your B-24J? Thank you very much!

Cheers!
    KH

Hi All,
    Thanks for the kudos. I really appreciate it. However, I found a couple of small errors which will be corrected in the next FM -2.

Kelti,
    If you look at the screen shots, they are your Hamilton and Curtis prop textures. Your prop's, along with Uncles engine, add so much to this aircraft. If we could use your prop blades and textures, that would be the icing on the cake.

Again, thanks.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Hi Allen and Bub!

Thank you, Bub for yet another nice livery! I am in the process of making a custom prop disc for this bird, just to follow your recommendation in your readme....

Allen:

Would it be possible replacing the stock CFS2 ghastly prop blades with the nice ones you fitted in your B-24J? Thank you very much!

Cheers!
    KH
    Aircraft download has been updated as requested with a detail still prop. This should have no effect on frame rates unless you place the FM-2 as static object. Even than the changes should one be seen when you get close to any of the static FM-2s.

Allen,
    Looks and works great! Thank you very much.
    Bob

Icon14 You are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Aircraft download has been updated as requested with a detail still prop. This should have no effect on frame rates unless you place the FM-2 as static object. Even than the changes should one be seen when you get close to any of the static FM-2s.
    Thank you so much, Allen!

Forgive me for being the usual pain, but your works are so nice that I can't stand them being spoiled by such a small, yet very visible, detail.

I'll be working on a gauge-controlled exhaust effect for this babe, but I am missing a fundamental detail:

how were the exhaust pipes arranged on the FM-2? Was it a single one per side or each cylinder had its own?

If each cylinder had its own exhaust pipe, how were they grouped on each side of the cowl?

Below the alternative prop discs I just finished. Besides of a disc shape choice, you will be able to choose between Hamilton Standard branded prop discs or plain ones.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FM2_fulldisc_nobrand.jpg   FM2_nodisc.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0