Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers

I think so.

Trial and error/success makes sense. Really appreciate these refinements to these fine carriers.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I will send the updated texture files (mat00 - A6, mat7 - F4, and mat18 - A7) to Warren (WombRaider78) to incorporate into his next release. Have to get Indy done to do so, but will endeavor to have that complete today.

Good stuff going on here by all.

Warren (WR78)..

I've tried the new model mate and it's still giving a massive frame hit.. on deck as I approach the fwd end. Just seen 9fps while in the default Cessna with no other ship in view. Flying around it appears ok but otherwise.. the FR issue remains I'm afraid. The previous models were deleted prior to adding the new ones.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Warren (WR78)..

I've tried the new model mate and it's still giving a massive frame hit.. on deck as I approach the fwd end. Just seen 9fps while in the default Cessna with no other ship in view. Flying around it appears ok but otherwise.. the FR issue remains I'm afraid. The previous models were deleted prior to adding the new ones.

ATB
    DaveB
    If the decks are down, it is definitely the new update. What are your PC specs??

could you send me a copy to look at? I'd like to see whats up in this area in GMax. Hopefully my comp won't rollover and die in the process. LOL.. Its only an XP machine.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Here are the source files. Everything, including the static models.

http://www.filedropper.com/forrestal...efiles08-03-15

I really would not mind someone taking this project further than I can. There is a HUGE lack in the available ships for FSX/P3D in the post Korea-Vietnam era. That is what motivated me in this.

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    If the decks are down, it is definitely the new update. What are your PC specs??
    Hello Mate

Yes.. definitely the new model.. no blast deflectors.

PC spec: Intel i5 2500K (3.3-3.7gig) Win7 Ultimate (64-bit), Palit GTX560Ti 1.2gig, 8gig system ram. No monster I know but more than capable of running this. Approach to trap is fine.. the trap is fine but as I get to the end of the landing strip and move forward.. I suddenly lose a shed load of frames, same as before.
    ATB
    DaveB

While the technical pieces are being worked out for these fantastic Vietnam/cold war era beauties, i have completed Air Wing paint for WombRaider's statics for Forrestal, Saratoga, Ranger, Independence, and Connstellation. Here are Indy's aircraft - A-6 (VA-176), A-7 (VA-87), F-4 (VF-102).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indy 2.jpg   Indy 1.jpg   Indy 3.jpg  

I have uploaded the texture repaints for WombRaider78's Forrestal class (4 texture sets - 1 for each Carrier) and Kitty Hawk Class (1 for each Carrier) in the FSX Ships portion of the warbirds files here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=114

There are two download links for the Indy - be sure to select the one that actually has the zip file - sorry about that one.

I am also working on the A-7's, F-4's and A-6's for Gary's 1975 Midway.

Deke

Cheers Deke.. great work sir

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    I am also working on the A-7's, F-4's and A-6's for Gary's 1975 Midway.
    Please!!!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Warren..

I've found a problem with Connie (v1.5). The 'Recover' version isn't working. Coincidental that this is the one I had listed in AIC and it's the one that stutters like hell. I put Deke's Connie aircraft onboard today and realised there are no aircraft showing (in Recover). In case I'd made a faux pas with the texture install.. I changed the entry in AIC to show Kitty Hawks 'Recover' and that worked fine on Connie. Deleted Connie v1.5 and started again. Still the same.. heavy stutters with Recover model added and no aircraft on deck. Tried Crowded and its fine PLUS.. the stutters are gone. Tried Launch.. that's fine too. Backed up the original 3 aircraft textures to be overwritten by Deke's files then added the new files. Launch.. fine. Crowded.. fine but still no Recover.

Assuming the aircraft models are the same for each ship.. I can drag Kitty's Recover into Connie and rename it. So.. stuttery Sue is associated with just the Connie Recover model.. the rest (including Kitty) are fine

EDIT: Hmm.. using the Recover model from Kitty didn't work (though changing the AIC entry to display Kitty's Launch aircraft works fine). Perhaps a change of GUID's or something. No problem.. I'm happy to live with Crowded at the mo
    ATB
    DaveB

Warren..

I've found a problem with Connie (v1.5). The 'Recover' version isn't working. Coincidental that this is the one I had listed in AIC and it's the one that stutters like hell.
    I can confirm it, the same problem with Recover CV-64 version. The rest is ok (1.5, but less FPS than USS Ent. by Team SBD), by the way Congrats! : )

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I sincerely hope that isn't a trick to make me buy that darned Phantom. Fancy posting a Constellation paint.. you KNOW I'm easily led!!
    Thanks for the confirmation YoYo

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    Here are the source files. Everything, including the static models.

http://www.filedropper.com/forrestal...efiles08-03-15

I really would not mind someone taking this project further than I can. There is a HUGE lack in the available ships for FSX/P3D in the post Korea-Vietnam era. That is what motivated me in this.
    the download comes up as empty. even win RAR can't open it.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

I sincerely hope that isn't a trick to make me buy that darned Phantom. Fancy posting a Constellation paint.. you KNOW I'm easily led!!
    Thanks for the confirmation YoYo

ATB
    DaveB
    Come on Dave, you know you want this too............

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post

Joe
    Now thats just playing dirty...

Working on last texture set - for Gary's Midway with the F-4's, A-6's and A-7's aboard.
    CAG-5 (CVW-5) with VF-161 representing the Phantoms, and VA-93 the SLUF. Of course, VA-115 for the Intruder.

I was thinking of making alternate air wing paints that members can drag and drop should they want some difference - noting YoYo's Pukin' Dog phantom overflying Connie - as all know Air Wing - to - Carrier assignments change from time to time - and Connie did have CVW-14 aboard during the Vietnam war for a period. Anyhow, that may be a possibility for the future if there is a desire.

For now, here is CVW-5/Midway WIP:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Midway 1.jpg   Midway 2.jpg  

Now thats just playing dirty...
    Aint it just!!! I will crack.. I know I will but I'm holding strong at the moment.. until the next sale that is.

Deke.. that paint for the Alpha/Virtavia CH-46 is nice. Is it on general release? The 3 paints that come with the model never seem to fit what I want to do in the darned thing!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Dave,
    the HC-8 textures are free and over at AVSIM - search on "Sea Knight" and find the entry that says "CH46 Sea Knight 5 schemes". In addition to HC-8, it has HC-11, Marine Camo, RCAF SAR, and NAS Pt Mugu SAR.

Deke

Rgr that mate.. cheers

ATB
    DaveB

Quick question what program do you use to make the deck traffic I'm guessing it's something like Gmail correct?

Don't wish to hijack this thread but I have the AS CH-46 and can't for the life of me figure out how to fly it. The throttle control is very odd as the rotors slow and stop if you give it full throttle and then once airborne becomes uncontrollable. Not a great helo fan or flier but don't have this issue with other copters. Have searched but not found any advice on this issue.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 3