VFR Simulations announces full-time development of C-170B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VFR Simulations announces full-time development of C-170B

VFR Simulations announces full-time development of C-170B

After two years of cumulative research, full-time development of the C-170B aircraft has ensued. This aircraft will be the premier first release of VFRsim. We’re working exclusively on this project, and no detail is being spared! With the C-170B, we set to introduce a new standard of Flight Simulator add-on’s.

I'm excited to share some previews, of the many features this product will contain! It’s exciting to pioneer these items of this development, which have not been fully explored by other developers!

We're already working with 5 flying examples, with first-hand referencing, and data collection. Again, this is a full-time, expedited project.

A few things are certain;

• 1952, & 1955 Models, with many options. Some of which will be engine conversions, gear, tires, wingtips…

• Every small change you make to the aircraft, will have corresponding consequence with the flight dynamics model. For instance, what might change when you add flap gap seals? You’ll find out with the 170B product!

• Fully 3-dimensional custom stereo sounds. What does it sound like, from behind, as opposed to from the side? What about those unique differences in harmonics, as the aircraft passes by? Exhaust stack modifications.. how does the audio change? Some aircraft in the real-world are better equipped to handle the noise level, when inside the pit. We’ll allow you to do the same with your 170B in the simulator!

• For those who have always wanted to skin their own aircraft, but never quite had the talent? We’ll have a cure for that!

These, and many other features will all be part of the C-170B package, for Flight Simulator X, and Prepar3D.

Here's a few keynotes for those interested!

Official Website; www.vfrsim.com
    Official facebook

We're pioneering a new effort also.
    Official KICKSTARTER campaign! - Generous rewards for supporters. (And of course, highly discounted product)

See the video;

Please feel free to share this with anyone in aviation circles, and in social media!
    The website, and Kickstart will be the official update resource, so bookmark them!

Cheers!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

of course one can expect this C-170B to be tacpack enabled.

Excellent news....you can't have too many prop driven taildraggers.

I went ahead and donated/buy into the project but , unfortunately no Paypal . No paypal - no show . Sorry.

I wish you well and look forward to the model , sounds like it will be excellent.

This sounds exciting. I'll be looking forward to it.

Good-morning,

Thank-you for the kind words fellas!

I know that start-up projects for FSX are a dime a dozen...

I'll be anxious to reveal more about this project in the near future! I'm confident that you taildragger guys are going to get a real hoot out of this one!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Any other names one should know about that are involved besides you?

Anway, best of luck, especially with the Kickstarter thing.
    The mousepad is a bit of a bummer as a reward though*. A printed manual and the add-on on a DVD in a fancy box would be much, much more fitting.

*Who still uses mousepads in the age of ultrasensitive laser mice anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Any other names one should know about that are involved besides you?

Anway, best of luck, especially with the Kickstarter thing.
    The mousepad is a bit of a bummer as a reward though*. A printed manual and the add-on on a DVD in a fancy box would be much, much more fitting.

*Who still uses mousepads in the age of ultrasensitive laser mice anyway?

Thanks for the compliments...

No other significant names for mention, at this point.

I think you'll be quite surprised, by a handful of things!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments...

No other significant names for mention, at this point.

I think you'll be quite surprised, by a handful of things!
    Alrighty, I'll be grabbin' the edge of my seat in anticipation!

(Just don't make me do it for a long time, because of muscle cramps and stuff.)

You got it!
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

@bjoern

I respect your work immensely... It's out of this respect, that I have now included a professionally printed manual, bundled with two of the rewards.
    Had to check with my printing co., first. But it looks like it would work well! Here we go!

Best!
    - Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

[QUOTE=fsxar177;965591]@bjoern

I respect your work immensely... It's out of this respect, that I have now included a professionally printed manual, bundled with two of the rewards.
    Had to check with my printing co., first. But it looks like it would work well! Here we go!

Best!
    - Joseph[/QUOT

thats awesome...nice move.

This might just be the icing on the cake to win a few folks over. Which add-on, after all, comes with a printed manual nowadays?

Feature Requests

So, it's time to ask;

What would you like to see implemented in the C-170B project?

We're going to raise the bar on this product, so don't be afraid to raise the bar on your request. Maybe it's something that hasn't even been done in the sim yet.. Fire away. I'm listening.

And just to answer a few questions that might otherwise be asked..
    Yes there will be a bone stock 'classic' model.
    Yes there will be a full-on bush model.
    Yes the Cont. 360 and Lyc 360 are both being implemented.
    Yes I'm considering floats.
    Yes this will all be one product/download.

Some have mentioned; with all the options. What about a chronology of your modifications, with subsequent pricing on what it might cost in 2015 to implement such modifications?

One question I'll ask; Would you rather all options were set in a SHIFT+ Menu, similar to other products?

Or, would you rather configure your aircraft in a user interface, and then load the simulator?

Okay.. ears are open! If someone likes taildraggers, Cessnas, or even just classics, I want you to be not only satisfied, but downright impressed with this product. Lets make it happen. I NEED your input.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Just wondering ...are you going to surpass accu-sim ? What are your ideas around that sort of thing ?

will there be a airtanker version?

what?.you say its not that type of aircraft?

well shoot...im always after them tankers...but ill sure fly the poop outta this one when its released

One question I'll ask; Would you rather all options were set in a SHIFT+ Menu, similar to other products?

Or, would you rather configure your aircraft in a user interface, and then load the simulator?
    Accessories (GPS or so): Entry in the "title=" line, so that it can be permanently set individually for each repaint.

Bush version (large tires, I assume) and float version are aerodynamically different, so you'll have to do them with different FDEs and subsequently require different aircraft folders. Ditto for the different engine versions. Unless, of course, you go for the external configuration tool that works with a single aircraft folder and activates/deactivates variations as required.

Passenger visibility as set via a payload manager (either as a gauge window or via an external configuration tool) or FSX' payload manager.

Try to get rain onto the windows, at least as a static bitmap. And maybe fogging windows when it's cold and damp and the cabin is unheated. Might win a few folks over.

So, it's time to ask;

- Joseph
    I prefer the Shift+Menu as I usually do not know what I will be flying until after I load FSX.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Just wondering ...are you going to surpass accu-sim ? What are your ideas around that sort of thing ?
    I like a lot of what bjoern has to say... but I think We're already beyond most of those items. So to answer the above;

There's going to be a new big brother on the block.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Not to be that guy, but replies and marketing verbiage like that always make me leery. I'm pretty sure the consumers will judge that for themselves. Then again, I've been marketing aircraft in FS for years, so I understand how important language is (and how it can backfire). Regardless, I look forward to seeing the end result and wish you all the best.

@CodyValkyrie

At a point one get's tired of knit-picking, and decides if he wanted it done a certain way, he best do it for himself!

I'm not alone; and believe I'd speak for several that would say.. bring it on.

As a marketeer, I'm sure you'd understand.. A healthy competition within companies, makes for an elevated standard of quality delivered to the consumer.

I can't make a certain company correct their products, or admit their mistakes. But what I can do is elevate the standard, and force a strict QC to ensure their continued competence in this niche market. And I think that's a win-win for everybody.

- Joseph

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Good luck on this project; if you can come close to Accusim it will be in my hanger!

Quote Originally Posted by tracyq144 View Post
    Good luck on this project; if you can come close to Accusim it will be in my hanger!
    Thank-you!

The approach being used is entirely different. Rather a seamless integration and process of variables, across a standardized platform, within FSX. Increasing reliability, eliminating random error(s), and streamlining performance, while still providing maximum immersion, and realism.

Development Updates

Potential users are being asked to join our forum, and participate in discussion both there, and within your aviation circles. Knowing exactly what the consumer might want, will help to facilitate a product that exceeds all expectations.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Another Cessna? Raise the bar? Setting a new standard? Pre-order without any previews? Indeed you're setting a new standard in this niche market. No pre-orders from me sir. I've learned my lesson long ago. But I wish you all the luck in the world wirh your venture.
    Anneke

Anneke;

You need to visit this thread.

Then, we'll discuss if we need just "Another Cessna"

The thread above was started, for the purpose of evaluating the potential user-base, within outhouse members. The options were either aircraft I had easy access to on a regular basis. (The Yak, C-170, Thunder Mustang, and Cassutt III), and a few off-the wall warbirds, just to mix things up.

The winner at the end of the day, was the 170. That's when this project began.

Now, 3+ years into R&D, things are coming together to actually produce the add-on before the end of the year. A large majority of what's going into this project, is in the physics. This won't just be another fancy looking model.

Respectfully,
    - Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 1