warbirds over my home..whats goin on?

Thread: warbirds over my home..whats goin on?

warbirds over my home..whats goin on?

hey all,
    im in Auburn Ca,just in the past 30 minutes,ive seen a polished B-25,what appeared to be a polished P-51 (i know it was a P-51,just not sure on painted or polished) and then 2 T-6s flew by heading back south..just before the t6swe heard another radial engined plane..but the danged trees didnt allow us to see it..im guessing it was the B25 headin back south...they playing at "Eagles nest"?..i have auburn muni and nevada couty airpark on the scanner..heard nothing...any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is something happening at Chino.

Milavia is showing an airshow at Nevada County today and tomorrow: http://www.milavia.net/airshows/cale...h_america.html

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Hey Dave, you know about Ray Appleton, from KMJ in Fresno? He's been a Fresno radio talk show guy for years, and a big warbird supporter. He was part of the 1992 Doolittle Raid reunion where a couple B-25s took off from the USS Ranger (CV-61) off the California coast. While he wasn't on board for the carrier take off, he was on board for the engine fire that forced an emergency landing soon afterwards. He talked about Eagle's Nest a lot, and had some financial interest in a couple of warbirds.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Old Glory
    Panchito
    Red Bull
    Pacific Prowler
    Are the only polished B25's i know of.

This is the only thing in history that took place around this time in WWII history.

14 July 1945 – American battleships and cruisers bombarded the Japanese home islands for the first time.
    July 10 1940 – The 114-day Battle of Britain began during World War II.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

im pretty sure it is the airshow in nevada county...i just didnt know it was happening..im 29 miles south of nevada county/city...and as usual aroun d here..they passed over the auburn airport...

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Hey Dave, you know about Ray Appleton, from KMJ in Fresno? He's been a Fresno radio talk show guy for years, and a big warbird supporter. He was part of the 1992 Doolittle Raid reunion where a couple B-25s took off from the USS Ranger (CV-61) off the California coast. While he wasn't on board for the carrier take off, he was on board for the engine fire that forced an emergency landing soon afterwards. He talked about Eagle's Nest a lot, and had some financial interest in a couple of warbirds.
    no i havent heard of Mr Appleton...i did go to the last warbirds over Madera though..bet he was there...got to see the CASA version of the HE 111.... before it crashed.

eagles nest is 31 air miles from my home and i hear alot of "action" on my scanner from there...kinda fun to lissen to..

Members who have read this thread: 0