Thread: New Breguet Alize (RFN)

New Breguet Alize (RFN)

Hello,

-A superb Breguet Alizé ,by RFN, and full FSX:

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Avions.htm

A+

Alain

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up, looks really good!

Had to edit the thread title though, because of this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...the-Title-Line
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hmm.. I can't get RFN to come up.. not from that link or from my own. Strange but true!

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. I can't get RFN to come up.. not from that link or from my own. Strange but true!

ATB
    DaveB
    Server might be overwhelmed? I should have gone over a few hours ago when Sylvain told me about it.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

I think it is worth waiting for....

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Server might be overwhelmed? I should have gone over a few hours ago when Sylvain told me about it.
    Could be Frank. I popped over as soon as the thread came live but couldn't get in then either. No prob.. I'm pretty much out of hangar space as it is so I'll have a shuffle and give RFN time to gather a second wind
    ATB
    DaveB

It is brilliant!!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

ATB
    DaveB
    Dave the whole site's been running like a slug on prosaic for a week or so now think there is something amiss with the server I can occasionally get through after refreshing the page about half a dozen times but it is definitely not running on all cylinders

Hooky

What a HUGE surprise!!! The Breguet Alize was always an aircraft that interested me greatly (along with the Fairey Gannet) when I first saw them in books & magazines as a boy. I never ended up buying the old Razbam FS9 offering before I moved to FSX(and wasn't really keen on porting it over) and then I read about that model being rebuilt to FSX native (& later seeing the early renders). Like everyone else, I had patience that the updated model would eventually see the light of day. I never heard much more out of that project but recall reading some posts about RFN possibly working on the Alize but as the F-8 Crusader project was announced, I figured the Alize would follow in due time. Having followed the F-8 thread with great interest (and seeing the progress slow up some), I saw the posts that the time and resources being invested on the F-8 work had been reallocated to focus on "another project". I am assuming the Alize was the reason for this time/resource reallocation which is quite understandable. Anyhow, I see my copy of the model has just completed downloading and I'm off to install it and test fly it but before I do, HUGE THANK YOU to RFN and all who helped make this wonderful project come to fruition! You folks at RFN are a wonderful group of people!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi,
    Yes we have some issues with our website hosting : it goes out for hours from time to time... Sorry about that...
    Note that the current package is a beta so you may have some unexpected behavior : don't hesitate to report it to the team!
    The "Read me" had not been translate in English yet , We're sorry about that.
    The next release (In Sept I guess) will be "Non-French reader" compliant and also richer in avionic feature.
    The goal of this beta is to allow simers to fly her, practice FCLP and carrier landing... meaning carriers of the 60ies and not large nuc carriers like Nimitz or BigE : too easy!!

Regards
    Sylvain

Wowza! Nice, thanks! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Dave the whole site's been running like a slug on prosaic for a week or so now think there is something amiss with the server I can occasionally get through after refreshing the page about half a dozen times but it is definitely not running on all cylinders

Hooky
    Cheers Hooky and Sylvain I pulled the Etendard a month ago and all was ok then but these things happen. I'll bide my time and sneak up on it I've actually managed to get on this evening by removing html.index (or similar) from the link I have bookmarked but I couldn't download the model. When it's ready.. it'll let me in
    ATB
    DaveB

Sylvain,

No need for apologies on the trivial things, I think I can speak for everyone that we're grateful to have this model to test in open beta. For a beta model, it sure is very nice! Just got done with flying onto Foch and made 3 successful traps and launches on my very first try. So far I have not encountered any unusual behavior related to the flight dynamics nor the components vital carrier ops. It was very stable in all of those dynamics. I only need to perfect my approach technique to make a good 3 wire catch as I settled my first two traps into a 1 and 2 wire respectively. The tighter confines of the small deck and arresting wire spacing of the Clem and Foch certainly do require greater focus and precise inputs to make the proper trap. One thing for sure, new users of AICarriers will have a nice long & slow/stable approach using the Alize which is very conducive for learning how to make traps. Anyhow, I am still stunned and can see a good bit of my holiday weekend is going to be flying this model!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How i open the Bombbay?

Seems to be a missing gauge?

You can see the missing gauge in FerryVO's screenshot, but it shows up in StormILM's screenshot.

Not sure what it is or how to get it to display...
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Seems to be a missing gauge?

You can see the missing gauge in FerryVO's screenshot, but it shows up in StormILM's screenshot.

Not sure what it is or how to get it to display...
    I think that's the TACAN Gauge. Perhaps FerryVO doesn't have the RFN TACAN Gauge installed?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I think that's the TACAN Gauge. Perhaps FerryVO doesn't have the RFN TACAN Gauge installed?
    It doesn't show on my install either. Is it part of the package, or something separate?
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    It doesn't show on my install either. Is it part of the package, or something separate?
    Correct, the RFN TACAN Gauge is not included in the Alize package but it can be downloaded from their page.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RFN Carrier Gauge v4.1??
    -- WH

I think so. The panel for the Alize is already set up for the gauge regardless of version.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, it is still not showing.

I've downloaded the gauges and extracted them to the gauge folder, but they still do not show.

I did not see any instructions for install, so I'm missing something.
    -- WH

WarHorse47,

I'm going to attempt to research & test this further to be sure for you. I'm going to verify the gauge once again & go from there. I will post back as soon as I have some results.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1