Best twin ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best twin ?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    The B60 piston model is easier to start with less items to check and set but does not have the option to integrate the GTN 750 as yet. But both are beautiful models with great VC's and plenty of toys.
    I am sure the gtn 750 integration is coming to the B60 piston soon.

It also seems the turbine duke has more repaints. Perhaps you could email Realair and ask if they're working on GTN 750 integration for the piston duke?

I did and was told maybe later this summer. I emailed yesterday late and got that answer early this morning and that tells me they really care about their product and customers.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Majestic Q400. It's technically a twin.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Majestic Q400. It's technically a twin.
    The Q400 is a fine airplane, and the majestic and equally good addon. But it seems the OP wanted a general aviation twin, and the Q400 is a transport/airliner. The largest thing I fly as GA is the Sukhoi 80, and that's really pushing it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    The Q400 is a fine airplane, and the majestic and equally good addon. But it seems the OP wanted a general aviation twin, and the Q400 is a transport/airliner. The largest thing I fly as GA is the Sukhoi 80, and that's really pushing it
    Ahhh, yes, the plane is certainly not GA.

FYI,

PCAVIATOR.COM has Flysimware 441 and MU-2 on sale at 50% off
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    FYI,

Holy cow! I was gonna buy the Carenado PC-12 today, but now I might go for the MU-2 instead :P

Funny that you mention it but I have been looking at that Majestic Dash 8 because it has weather radar option. I am not sure it I could use ASN with it though as it only mentions using the FSX weather.

Has anyone here got the Majestic Dash 8 pro?

No one has the Pro or Training Editions yet.

AFAIK.. the Pro edition is still in development. I've not been offered an upgrade yet.. not that I'd take it anyway. The 'Pilot' edition is quite enough thank you!
    EDIT: Sri.. beaten to it by Nick
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    AFAIK.. the Pro edition is still in development. I've not been offered an upgrade yet.. not that I'd take it anyway. The 'Pilot' edition is quite enough thank you!
    EDIT: Sri.. beaten to it by Nick
    ATB
    DaveB
    Yes, the pilot edition is MORE than enough. The system fidelity is excellent already, and certainly one of the best complex addons for FSX designed to date.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Yes, the pilot edition is MORE than enough. The system fidelity is excellent already, and certainly one of the best complex addons for FSX designed to date.
    What's more.. you don't need a monster pc to run it on either. It runs just fine on my i5 2500K (3.3-3.7 unclocked)

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3
    FYI,

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post

Holy cow! I was gonna buy the Carenado PC-12 today, but now I might go for the MU-2 instead :P
    I'm sure you'll be very happy with the Flysimware MU-2... It has much more systems depth than the PC-12. The 50% off is a great bonus!

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...e=0&featured=Y

Quote Originally Posted by nakajima View Post
    I'm sure you'll be very happy with the Flysimware MU-2... It has much more systems depth than the PC-12. The 50% off is a great bonus!

Only problem is I've been wanting a PC-12 :P

Don't forget that today is "10% Off Tuesday" at PC Aviator, which gives you an additional 10% off. Can't get much better than that!

I'm off to buy the MU!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

My favorite trick is sometimes I hold off for 3 months, then they send me a coupon, and I use that on a 10% tuesday for 20% discount! (or 70, like today :P)

I picked up the MU-2..thanks for your advice.

I've got several, the Milviz B350i, Baron, the Razbam Metro, the now older PMDG J41, as well as the Flysimware C441 & MU-2B-60. I like all of them and fly them all quite a bit but to be honest, you can't really go wrong with any of them. Yes, the Metro and J41 were designed as commuters but I have seen a few in person which were used for charter and private use. Just a matter of looking over the options and then making a decision.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

. . . to say nothing of the hot-off-the-press Carenado Navajo!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    . . . to say nothing of the hot-off-the-press Carenado Navajo!
    Personally I've never liked the looks of the Navajo. I've always much preferred the Cessna 400 family

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    I picked up the MU-2..thanks for your advice.
    Glad to help! I'm sure you'll enjoy the MU-2!

By the way, if your interested in the real MU-2B-60 Pilot's Operating Manual you can get it here:

http://givdemo.com/images/N360RA%20POM%20&%20AFM.pdf

And here's the Pilot Checklist:

http://eastaire.us/newchecklist.pdf

Enjoy!

Enjoy!
    Got them both! Thanks!

Amazing simulation this one. The systems depth is very good as you indicated.

Appreciate all your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    I'd usually agree.
    But when it comes down to hauling capacity and ruggedness, this will remain my choice:

Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended!
    What they did here is - in my eyes - nothing less but the perfect balance between system depth and reasonable user friendlyness.
    And it's a beautiful model as well, although a repainter's undisputed nightmare...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Couldn't agree more in all aspects

What's about the Razbam Metroliner??
    Any opinions about that one? Have considered to buy it more than one time...

Christoph

Members who have read this thread: 2