Milviz is Doing a Piaggio P180!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is Doing a Piaggio P180!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord.. something else I don't want!! I know they'll catch me again at some point

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Good lord.. something else I don't want!! I know they'll catch me again at some point

ATB
    DaveB
    Are you kidding??? The P180 is a fantastic airplane! It goes fast, fuel efficient, CATIII Instrument certified, and looks good while doing all that. I've been waiting for a replacement for the Wilco for a couple years now

Wonder if they'll do the Hammerhead drone version? Just paint the windows grey...

Man! How big is their team? They have so many projects on the burner right now. I'm waiting, as one of those who pre-purchased, for them to finish the B350s...

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    Man! How big is their team? They have so many projects on the burner right now. I'm waiting, as one of those who pre-purchased, for them to finish the B350s...

Andrew Entwistle
    I saw the post and thought the same thing!!! This, the Beaver, etc. That's a LOT of time!!

Don

Hi,

The P180 II uses much of the same tech as the Kingair 350i so it was a natural progression to do this. Besides, this was announced some time ago.

The Kingairs are nearing beta. We only have to add icing and the menu system to be feature complete and then we hit beta. At that point, we will, with luck, be moving quite quickly as all we will be doing then is bug fixes.

The F-4E is in it's final stages now. The Tacpack version will be released at a later date.

The F-4S is in full on production at this time.

Thank you.

Kat.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Kat, could you perhaps give us an update on your other projects as well: F-15C, F-86, YF-23, F-100D? Perhaps your updates would even warrant a separate thread?<o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post

Andrew Entwistle

Yip another one who wonder about all these "Milviz doing this, Milviz doing that" but not seem to be get to release stage..! another pre purchased b350.... waiting waiting waiting... dont know how they can start new projects and dont finish other models. just one reason I dont like Milviz..

at A2A we never see "we doing this we doing that" and try and keep people's attention with a carrot. they just plainly take one plane finish off and release it, and release it properly without any major issues. I buy all A2A planes even if I dont want them/need them, as that is a company that actually know how to run a development team and I will always support them.

Katoun can you give us any info on the Avanti? Last I saw of it was a basic 3d model

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Many projects or not, updates or not, as far as I am concerned whatever IS released by MilViz is absolutely top quality and more than worth the wait. For me, that's what counts in the end, although the uncertainty whether some projects like the F-15C will indeed be finished is a concern for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

The P180 II uses much of the same tech as the Kingair 350i so it was a natural progression to do this. Besides, this was announced some time ago.

The Kingairs are nearing beta. We only have to add icing and the menu system to be feature complete and then we hit beta. At that point, we will, with luck, be moving quite quickly as all we will be doing then is bug fixes.

The F-4E is in it's final stages now. The Tacpack version will be released at a later date.

The F-4S is in full on production at this time.

Thank you.

Kat.
    Kat, I think the Sukhoi Su-80 uses the same PL21 avionics as the King Air and P180 II. Might be an interesting and unique next step after the Avanti...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

ATB
    DaveB
    Me too. Great developer. Not what I want.

Whats wrong with the P180????

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    Whats wrong with the P180????
    It's just not everyone's cup of tea really. You obviously thinks it's a great aircraft and that's fine. . .but it's just not an airplane that everyone finds appealing or interesting enough to get excited about. I had two at one time, the Wilco version and the Noriega freeware version. I actually flew the freeware version more. . .no idea why and now neither one is on my hard drive any more. . .just didn't care for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Many projects or not, updates or not, as far as I am concerned whatever IS released by MilViz is absolutely top quality and more than worth the wait. For me, that's what counts in the end, although the uncertainty whether some projects like the F-15C will indeed be finished is a concern for me.
    I am with you on this one. I especially look forward to the F-15C.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Is a welcome model IMO. The P.180's performance and capability outclass everything in that range of turboprop in terms of speed, range, and short field capability and from all that I have heard, it has great handling qualities to boot. At this juncture, the only model that I'd say remotely did any justice to the P.180 was the FSD version for FS9 but it's an aged model nowhere near the quality expected these days. Based on what I've seen and heard about the Wilco version, I'm very glad I didn't buy it. It's not at all a good representation of the aircraft in a number of ways. Based on my hands on with the MV King Air, I am quite confident that the P.180 will end up being the finest representation of the type ever created.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the wilco P180. Its not AS bad as everyone says. My biggest complaint is its FPS hit. Then the reverse thrust is faulty, which is a known issue that Wilco has never addressed. Then the pressurization system doesn't work. Flight characteristics are otherwise alright. Climb rate, cruising speeds, and torque, it flies by the numbers. And lastly, it has a very basic FMS, but this was my first plane with an FMS, so it was actually a good introduction. They also used the default King Air sound, which sounds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the real thing of course. Luckily you can replace it with the much better sounds from Martin Noriega's FSX P180

Where is C130 and MU2

Where is C130 and MU2?

Hi,

We put the C-130J on hold whist we do the Beaver and wrap up the modelling of the VC and cargo bay. Coding will resume after the Beaver is out.

The Mu-2 was put on hold till we assessed the "other one". We will be commencing that one once the F-4S is out.

The F-15C will be starting coding shortly, once the "special" project is out the door. (more on that later).

The F-100D is in code and is looking very nice indeed.

Thank you.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Kat. Glad to hear such good news!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    I have the wilco P180. Its not AS bad as everyone says. My biggest complaint is its FPS hit. Then the reverse thrust is faulty, which is a known issue that Wilco has never addressed. Then the pressurization system doesn't work. Flight characteristics are otherwise alright. Climb rate, cruising speeds, and torque, it flies by the numbers. And lastly, it has a very basic FMS, but this was my first plane with an FMS, so it was actually a good introduction. They also used the default King Air sound, which sounds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the real thing of course. Luckily you can replace it with the much better sounds from Martin Noriega's FSX P180
    Yep, you pretty much nailed everything that I observed about the Wilco P.180 which kept me from wasting my money on it. Even though the performance of the FDE achieves much of the target numbers, according to one real P.180 Pilot I have heard, the FDE is "rough/simple" at best meaning it lacks refinement seen on some high end FDE's. It's not by any means terrible but like the rest of that model it had much potential that was never fully realized or refined. Too bad but then again, that's all about to change soon with the coming of the MV model.

Agreed about the sound, in my FBO days, I saw one of the first handful of P.180's to operate in the US. The P.180 and Beech Starship types had both visited our airfield and ramp and they sound pretty much identical, a very "Buzzsaw" kind of sound when the power & condition levers are forward. Nowadays, there's a P.180 that comes in every couple of days here and you can hear it coming way off in the distance and know exactly what it is!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is a P180 based around here someplace. It comes overhead once a month, more or less, but there is never a doubt about what it is. I always run outside to look, if I hear it. Kind of like the B-25 that flew over yesterday...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    There is a P180 based around here someplace. It comes overhead once a month, more or less, but there is never a doubt about what it is. I always run outside to look, if I hear it. Kind of like the B-25 that flew over yesterday...
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to this release and like you, I've heard the P.180 flying overhead on it's way into KMDW and there isn't anything else that sounds like it. It's like a Ferrari of the sky.

I, for one, would love one, if for no other reason than it's use in the great RTWR!

- J
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 1