Information about how to create DP file

Thread: Information about how to create DP file

Information about how to create DP file

I am start project for SM.79 and BR.20 cockpit, also i wish realize a DP file for SM.79 MVG conversion, i have try with DPed but nothing. There is a another prog. for create DP or what is the procedure?

Thanks for any informations about.

Best regards.

DPED is the only way but for hand doing things.

With DPED it is best to have the source or be able to convert it to some that FSDS or gMax can read. You need to do this if you want to get accurate info to set the DP boxes. DPED uses meters.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Don't forget you can use Notepad to make small changes or additions once you have a dp file created. Probably the only way to mod dp files if you're on WIN 7 +

You can even use the default dp file & add boxes, systems & effects using Notepad, though it is REALLY DIFFICULT without a graphical representation, & is very easy to make a bad dp file that just crashes the sim.

It's a gap in the toolbox for sure.

Thanks to all for your kindly informations.

For the moment i think that i try realize only the cockpit, in the future i try learn how make the DP file.

Best regards.

To make one from scratch is the same as making the model. It will take time, patience and a lot of trial and error.

Allen is correct, the first place to begin is with DPed. In it is the "How to" doc. It explains what each part of the DP file is.

First start with the boxes. This will give the frame work that everything else will work with. The Boxes should line up with the model. If you are making a model or working with someone who is then the source file will be your reference. Other wise I suggest exporting the model with MCX as a 3ds then importing it into Gmax. An alternative would be ACM. This will give the model in a 3d view. From it you can get your measurements.

Next will be the parts and to that the damage points and effects. Make sure you have an up to date list of effects to work with. You may need one for each era that you want to work in WWI, WWII and Korea. There are some that are common but each has new effects. I have a master list if you would like a copy.

Then will come the Gunstations and Hard points.

With DPed all of it will be placed in the correct order. Some editing in notepad may be required.

If you wish, you can use a default DP and edit it with DPed. You will still have to resize the boxes and change some of the data. I find it still takes about the same amount of time either way.

Let us know if you need any help
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thanks Blood Hawk23, for your kindly reply.

Now i continue learn and make cockpits, in the meantime i start learn for making DP file.

Sure when i will ready i ask you an help about.

Thanks again and best regards.

Stockplane

Stockplane.........

.....go to this site and ALL your questions may be answered. Well, maybe not ALL!!!!! ;-) http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/index.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0