FM-2 Wildcat released by Allen! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FM-2 Wildcat released by Allen!

Nice job Allen,

I started a SCASM one at one time but it stalled at the tail changes.
    I as well as many simmers will be very happy with one based on the stocker.
    Great frame rates, breaking parts, Etc.

Regards,
    B24Guy

I have three or four skins I did for a "faux" FM-2 a long time ago. I'm sure they can be made to fit. Let me know and I'll dig them out of the archives. Great work on converting the F4F into the FM-2. I remember the B 24 guy giving it a try. I'm grateful to all of your hard work. Let me know if I can help. Thanks again.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Nice job Allen,

I started a SCASM one at one time but it stalled at the tail changes.
    I as well as many simmers will be very happy with one based on the stocker.
    Great frame rates, breaking parts, Etc.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    I can't blame ya. It would be no fun to do in SCASM. Frame rates are going to take a small hit as I not doing all of the LODs that the stock model has. The stock model has 8 LODs and I'm cutting down to 5. Each LOD will drop the polygon count by half. So the main LOD is around 3,100 and the next will be around 2,100 and the next will be 1,100. The 4th will be in the 500 range and the 5th around 100.

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    I have three or four skins I did for a "faux" FM-2 a long time ago. I'm sure they can be made to fit. Let me know and I'll dig them out of the archives. Great work on converting the F4F into the FM-2. I remember the B 24 guy giving it a try. I'm grateful to all of your hard work. Let me know if I can help. Thanks again.
    Bob
    Here is the texture in PSD format. You can use it on the stock F4F to do the texture.

Attachment 24813
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Allen,
    Thanks for the texture. I have the others done. They may need some touching up. How will the taller tail effect them? I'll give them a look later today and get back to you. I'm at work now, so it will have to wait until I wake up. Thanks again.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

The non-moving part of the tail should be fine with some exteding work done. The Rudder will prob have to be a full redo as it is not at the same scale. I plan to go back and put the Rudder at the same same scale as the rest of the tail. Once that is done I will upload a new .PSD.

Allen,
    No sweat. I'll find one without tail markings and send it along. When its all done we can cross that bridge. If not, I can whip up one that will work for now.
    Bob

Having made textures I know how bad it sucks when parts are not at the same scale on the texture sheet. It was no big deal to change it.

Attaching the whole FM-2 ready for CFS2. In the texture folder is the .PSD of the current texture and it has a wireframe of the tail and rudder so you can get the placement right. Note all others The FM-2 missing a few of the LODs as I have yet to do them so it is NOT ready for final upload and if you use it in large numbers you will likely see lag.

Attachment 24834

Allen,
    Just slapped an old skin in to see where I'm at. It needs some adjustments and recoloring and a little TLC. Other than that we're in the ballpark. Give me a few days and we'll see where we're at.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Allen FM-2.jpg  

I think I got the model done. Ran into vary odd part linking bugs that messed up the damage texture logic for the fuselage from nose to tail that took over 3 hours of messing around to fix.

I'll put the whole aircraft up after bub get the textures done.

Well, Allen... you cfs2 plane modeling skills are top notch.
    I certainly cannot wait for the gm fm-2 to be released.

Allen,
    Here's the first attempt. Still some work to be done, as it's only half finished. I think I'll take out some of the weathering. I went a little overboard. Let me know what you think.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Allen FM-2 1.jpg  
    Last edited by bub; July 6th, 2015 at 15:45.

Looks fine to me.

Allen,
    If it looks good to you, it looks good to me. Here it is, from the USS Kadashan Bay, CVE-76, VC-20. Flown by J W Eash, two confirmed, Ki-44's. After a good "once over" I'll get it off to you.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Allen FM-2 C.jpg   Allen FM-2 B.jpg  

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by hewman100 View Post
    Great work chaps.
    YEAH!!!!

Cheers!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Bub

Because of the bug with damage texture logic I changed the name of the textues to remove the "-" from FM-2 in the name so the body textures are now name L_FM2_wildcat_t.bmp and R_FM2_wildcat_t.bmpfor the normal texture and L_FM2_wildcat_d.bmpand R_FM2_wildcat_d.bmpfor the damage texture.

Nothing else has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Bub

Because of the bug with damage texture logic I changed the name of the textues to remove the "-" from FM-2 in the name so the body textures are now name L_FM2_wildcat_t.bmp and R_FM2_wildcat_t.bmpfor the normal texture and L_FM2_wildcat_d.bmpand R_FM2_wildcat_d.bmpfor the damage texture.

Nothing else has changed.
    Really looking forward to this plane

Allen,
    One more, maybe. Flown by Lt. H. Foster lll off the USS Petrof Bay, CVE-80.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Allen FM-2 foster l.jpg   Allen FM-2 foster r.jpg  

bub
    I know it late but I just got the PC fired up today. I sent you the PM info and the wire change worked just fine.

FM-2 Wildcat.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: This FM-2 Wildcat was made from the CFS2 F4F-4 Wildcat visual model. Features animated parts. Breaking parts plus damage texture logics as well. Model is Multi LOD with working virtual cockpit.

Come with two texture. Basic Tri Color and a later one of J W Eash from USS Kadashan Bay, CVE-76, VC-20 with two confirmed kills.

Skin template is included in the textue folder for the early Tri Color texture. You will need a program that can read .PSD to use it.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FM-2 Wildcat.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon4

Thank you Allen,
    for this beautiful addon!
    Cheers
    Gius

No Prob!

The message your have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at lest 10 characters.

Great addition; thank you Allen.

msfossey

Nice work, just took her for a quick flight.Enjoyed it.Look forward to using it in missions.

Icon14 Reply...

Allen,

Thank you, this was a much-needed and appreciated addition to CFS2. Bravo!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0