how many of you,use a tv for a monitor?

Thread: how many of you,use a tv for a monitor?

how many of you,use a tv for a monitor?

there was a thread awhile back about someone (sorry dont recall who it was) was asking about the proper way to set it up or something?...anyway...ive tried the new pc and new tv and OMG...the differance in my system is humongous ,on my 27 inch monitor,everything has that jaggy appearance,fsx planes,but on my TCL ROKU 55" tv...wow...sharp crisp lines,colors..awesome to me...but i do wonder how much the video card is working?...bty..the settings while on the tv are at 1920x1080...

If there's a difference of clarity from a monitor to a TV then the only reasons would be either a crappy quality monitor...or it not set to its default resolution. The latter is pretty essential on an LCD...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    If there's a difference of clarity from a monitor to a TV then the only reasons would be either a crappy quality monitor...or it not set to its default resolution. The latter is pretty essential on an LCD...
    I am sort of considering the same decision. Plenty of HDTV's have 60 mhz refresh rate and 1920x1080 resolution native, which is the same as my monitor. Just hook up with an HDMI cable and should be good to go.

I have been able to do this with a 40" Samsung with excellent results. Problem is there is no desk space in front of it for controls. Anyone have any suggestions on a wireless/bluetooth keyboard and joystick arrangement that would allow you to fly from a sofa or chair?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I started using TV as well a few months ago. Circumstances dictated it so no choice. The unfortunate result is I don't want to use a monitor again for fsx after using it on the big screen. Dang, don't even need to use my specticals to see...lol.

Jim

my tv a TCL ROKU 55inch ( i think i said it before) is 1920x1080 native,plus it has "game mode"..which works great for surfing as well as FSX,trains2015,and asseto corsa...and coming soon on a pc near me..project cars.

im going to get http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N0F3T00/...I1XLR4TWXD8V6J for the wireless keyboard/mouse

and then im going to add this..http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIQ3168/...I15R34B2Y5TOAE

I debated about it for a long, long time. Every so often, I'd drag the 42" HDTV from the main floor to the basement, hook it up on my desk and fly with it for a few nights, then go back to the 24" that I normally use. As much as I liked the size, I didn't like the space that a 40~ inch screen took up; I found it hard to visualize a way to set my controls up around it on a permanent basis. I also found that if I sat too close, eye fatigue was a real thing, and if I pushed it back too much far the than my 24", I was negating the increase in screen size.

The solution for me ended up being a 32" 2560x1440 monitor for my gaming & flying. It's been a really nice upgrade, since the higher resolution at a bigger screen size gives it about the same pixel size as a 24" 1920x1080. So when flying, it feels like you're zoomed out further because you see lots more of the cockpit, but the actual size of the gauges and readability is very, very close to the same as the 24".
    Jim Stewart

main reason im doing this with mine is....doctors have told me i have to get away from my desk chair...i have neuropothy in my feet,and really really bad leg swelling for whatever cause that...it has to do with the congestive heart failure...a couple months back i was having some issues and when the cardiologist questioneed me..he got really angry...i just wrote it off...BUT things are getting bad again..so this way i can kickback in my recliner,feet up and mess around on the net..when bored,switch to TV mode..and then switch back...super easy to flip between with the roku tv...

Members who have read this thread: 0